Product Code: 61245
The market for zero liquid discharge systems is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 9% during the forecast period of 2019-2024. One of the major factors driving the market is rapidly increasing demand for fresh water. However, high capital and energy cost of ZLD system technology is likely to restrain the market.
- Rising expenses for wastewater disposal is likely to boost the demand for ZLD system.
- Increase in investments in the deployment of ZLD systems is expected to provide growth opportunities for the market.
- In 2018, North America has accounted for the major share of the market.
Key Market Trends
Power Generation Industry to Dominate the Market
- In 2018, the power generation industry dominated the zero liquid discharge systems market.
- Water management is given high priority by power plant owners, and implementing ZLD can eliminate the discharge of wastewater.
- Zero liquid discharge is particularly relevant for the steam electric power industry, as coal-fired power plants have a large water demand and water discharge is more challenging.
- Around 70% of the total electricity generated in China comes from coal-fired power plants. Most of the thermal power plants in China are located in water-scarce regions. This conflict between energy demand and water deficit demands the use of ZLD in China.
- Hence, owing to the aforementioned factors, the power generation industry is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
Asia-Pacific ZLD systems market is witnessing significant growth owing to high demand from countries like India and China.
- There are several government regulations made in China and India to install ZLD systems and reduce water pollution by implementing water treatment techniques.
- The Indian government issued a policy to install ZLD facilities in all textile plants which generates more than 25 m3 wastewater per day.
- The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) in India has also released Guidelines on techno-economic feasibility of implementation of Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) for water polluting industries.
- Owing to the aforementioned reasons Asia-Pacific is likely to witness the highest growth rate.
The global zero liquid discharge (ZLD) systems market is fragmented as the market share is divided among several companies. Some of the major recognized players in the market include Veolia, SUEZ, Aquatech International LLC, and Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Freshwater
- 4.1.2 Rising Expenses for Wastewater Disposal
- 4.1.3 More Stringent Regulations for Wastewater Disposal
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 High Capital and Energy Cost of Technology
- 4.2.2 Others
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Technology
- 5.1.1 Thermal-based
- 5.1.2 Membrane-based
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Power
- 5.2.2 Oil & Gas
- 5.2.3 Metallurgy & Mining
- 5.2.4 Chemicals & Petrochemicals
- 5.2.5 Pharmaceutical
- 5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124 ASEAN Countries
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of the Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa (MEA)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.2 Veolia
- 6.4.3 SUEZ
- 6.4.4 Aquatech International LLC
- 6.4.5 Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- 6.4.6 SafBon
- 6.4.7 Petro Sep Corporation
- 6.4.8 IDE Technologies
- 6.4.9 Oasys Water
- 6.4.10 Saltworks Technologies Inc.
- 6.4.11 Aquarion AG
- 6.4.12 Praj Industries
- 6.4.13 H2O GmbH
- 6.4.14 GEA Group
- 6.4.15 Thermax Global
- 6.4.16 ENCON Evaporators
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 More Investments in the Deployment of ZLD Systems