Product Code: 65756
The market for Specialty Silica is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period. Specialty Silica is produced in the form of round pebbles and sawed or trimmed blocks or fine powder which is further used as a key additive in the formulation of several products for various range of end-user industries including automotive, electronics, inks, coatings, personal care products amongst others.
- The number of new tire plants and expansion projects has increased in various parts of the United States, with South Carolina getting a high share of investments, thereby augmenting the growth of the market.
- Growing preference of fumed silica over precipitated silica (internal substitution) is likely to hinder the market's growth.
- Growing emergence of green tires is projected to act as an opportunity for the market in future.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from the Rubber Industry
- Specialty Silica is majorly used in the tire production owing to its extremely high purity and low moisture absorption. It brings superior electrical properties to rubber products.
- Specialty Silica has an excellent reinforcing effects especially enhancing the tear resistance.
- Additionally, specialty silica is commonly used in Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) and High Temperature Vulcanized (HTV) rubber, that requires high mechanical strength and good electrical insulation.
- In industrial rubber goods, specialty silica is used for reducing hysteresis loss in conveyor belts or as an active filler in colored rubber particles or in products with good contact.
- Precipitated Silicas have been used in tire compounds as a minor portion of the filler, coupled with carbon black as the major filler. The substitution of low levels of silica for carbon black helps in enhancing tear resistance, cut growth and adhesion properties.
- All the aforementioned factors is expected to drive the global market during the forecast period.
India to dominate Asia-Pacific region
- India is a growing economy and holds great potential for future market opportunities. Despite demonetization and GST reforms affecting the national production volume, the impact of such reforms is slowly waning.
- Moreover, the country's government has been taking initiatives to attract FDIs in the manufacturing sector, to make India a manufacturing hub.
- Indian roadways are the second largest in the world. Owing to the increasing number of vehicles and traffic, the government is planning to further extend the roadways in the coming years.
- Growing investments in the infrastructure sector, and other strategic initiatives of the
government, are expected to boost the paints and coatings demand in construction sector in the country.
The specialty silica market is fragmented. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. Key players in the specialty silica market include W. R. Grace & Co., Cabot Corporation, 3M (Ceradyne Inc.), Denka Company Limited, Evonik Industries AG, Merck KGaA, and Wacker Chemie AG, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Innovation and Expansion in the Tire Industry
- 4.1.2 Increasing Demand for Precipitated Silica from the Food Industry
- 4.1.3 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Growing Preference of Fumed Silica over Precipitated Silica (Internal Substitution)
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Precipitated Silica
- 5.1.2 Silica Gel
- 5.1.3 Fumed Silica
- 5.1.4 Colloidal Silica
- 5.1.5 Fused Silica
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Rubber
- 5.2.2 Personal Care
- 5.2.3 Food & Feed
- 5.2.4 Chemicals
- 5.2.5 Plastics
- 5.2.6 Plants, Coatings & Inks
- 5.2.7 Metal & Refractories
- 5.2.8 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 South Korea
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M (Ceradyne Inc.)
- 6.4.2 Cabot Corporation
- 6.4.3 Clariant
- 6.4.4 Denka Company Limited
- 6.4.5 Evonik Industries
- 6.4.6 Fuji Silysia Chemical
- 6.4.7 Fuso Chemical Co. Ltd
- 6.4.8 Glassven C.A
- 6.4.9 Imerys-
- 6.4.10 Merck KGaA
- 6.4.11 Orisil
- 6.4.12 W. R. Grace & Co.
- 6.4.13 Wacker Chemie AG
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Growing Emergence of Green Tires