Product Code: 66094
The market for Lithium hydroxide is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 10% during the forecast period of 2019 - 2024. Major factors driving the market studied are the growing demand for electric vehicles which use lithium batteries and increasing demand for power tools which use lithium hydroxide NCA cathode. However, rising concern regarding the toxicity of lithium hydroxide is expected to restrain the growth of the market.
- Batteries application dominated the market in 2018 and is expected to grow during the forecast period owing to the increasing demand for EVs.
- Growing industrialization in Asia pacific is expected to drive the demand for power tools which in turn is expected to increase the demand for lithium hydroxide as the power tools use lithium hydroxide NCA cathode.
- North America dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption from the countries followed by Europe and Asia-pacific.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Electric vehicles
- One of the major applications of lithium hydroxide is in making cathodes for rechargeable batteries which are used in electric vehicles. Lithium hydroxide is the most preferred among all the lithium compounds for this purpose as they have extreme electrochemical potential and low density.
- Generous subsidies for electric vehicles and stringent regulations regarding the usage of conventional vehicles by the government are some of the key factors that are driving the growth of electric vehicle production in countries like China which occupies the majority share of the global electric vehicle market.
- According to International Energy Agency, the global EV sales has reached 1.1 million by 2017 with a growth rate of 54% over 2016. Norway was the major shareholder globally, with a share of around 39% followed by Iceland and Sweden.
- Companies like Tesla are investing hugely in promoting the use of electric vehicles by developing cost effective and high performance electric vehicles in order to leverage the adoption of electric vehicles and to create a network of supporting businesses, such as EV charging stations and service centers.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share in 2018. China has been both the leading producer and market for Li-ion batteries. South Korea and Japan also have high demand for Li-ion batteries. Rise in urbanization is expected to boost the demand for technically advanced devices, due to the benefits provided by the devices. This is expected to, consequently, lead to a growth in demand for lithium-ion batteries in the region. With growing industrialization in countries such as China and India demand for power tools which use lithium-ion batteries is also expected to increase. This in turn is expected to boost the demand for lithium hydroxide market.
The global Lithium hydroxide market is consolidated with top five players accounting for a major share of the market. The major companies include SQM S.A., Albemarle Corporation, FMC Corporation, and Ganfeng Lithium Co.,Ltd. among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Electric Vehicles
- 4.1.2 Increasing Demand for power tools
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Rising concern about the toxicity
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Trade Analysis
- 4.6 Price Trends
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Application
- 5.1.1 Batteries
- 5.1.2 Lubricating greases
- 5.1.3 Ceramics
- 5.1.4 Others
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 Australia & New Zealand
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.2 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 5.2.3 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Russia
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 5.2.4 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Argentina
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
- 5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
- 18.104.22.168 South Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 8.1 SQM S.A.
- 6.4.2 8.2 Tianqi Lithium Corporation
- 6.4.3 8.3 Albemarle Corporation
- 6.4.4 8.4 Leverton-Clarke Speciality Chemicals
- 6.4.5 8.5 FMC Corporation.
- 6.4.6 8.6 Ganfeng Lithium Co.,Ltd.
- 6.4.7 8.7 Nemaska Lithium
- 6.4.8 8.8 SICHUAN BRIVO LITHIUM MATERIALS CO., LTD.
- 6.4.9 8.9 Shangai China Lithium Industrial co., Ltd
- 6.4.10 8.10 HELM AG
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Development in Lithium deposits