Product Code: 66057
The market for linear alkylbenzene sulfonate is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5% during the forecast period of 2019 - 2024. Increasing demand for dishwashing liquids and other household cleaning products is expected to stimulate the market growth as LAS widely used as an anionic surfactant in cleaning products.
- The Environment friendly bio-degradable nature of LAS is also expected to drive the market.
- Increasing demand for eco-friendly surfactants is also expected to boost the market growth.
- Asia-Pacific is accounted for the major market share followed by Europe and North America.
Key Market Trends
Household Detergents and Cleaners Application to Dominate the Market
- One of the key applications of LAS is as a surfactant in detergents and cleaning products and has widely replaced the usage of other synthetic surfactants like Branched Alkybenzene sulfonate (BAS) owing to its biodegradability.
- Increasing awareness towards cleanliness and hygiene in developing countries owing to awareness campaigns organized by the government like the swachh bharat campaign in India is one of the key factors in increasing demand for detergents and cleaners.
- Growing per capita income and availability of a wide range of choices are also boosting the demand for detergents in developing countries.
- Additionally, the positive growth of food and beverage industry worldwide is expected to drive the demand for dishwashing liquids.
- Hence, the household detergents and cleaners application is likely to continue dominating the market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
Asia-Pacific accounted for the major market share in LAS market and is expected to continue dominating the market during the forecast period. The key factors driving the Asia-Pacific market are positive trends for synthetic detergents industry in India and China. The growth in India's beauty and personal care industry which was valued at USD 8 billion in 2018 is also expected to boost the LAS market. In addition to these factors like rising industrialization, growing disposable income and increasing population are also driving the market in Asia-pacific region.
LAS market is moderately consolidated with a few players occupying a major share of the market. Some of the key players include BASF SE, Stepan Company, Hansa Group SA and Croda international Plc among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Dish Washing Liquid in Asia-Pacific Region
- 4.1.2 Growing prominence as a substitute for Dodecylbenzene Sulfonates owing to Biodegradability
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Volatile Prices of Raw Materials
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Regulatory Policy Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Application
- 5.1.1 By Application
- 184.108.40.206 Household Detergents and Cleaners
- 220.127.116.11 Industrial Cleaners
- 18.104.22.168 Personal Care products
- 22.214.171.124 Others
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 South Korea
- 18.104.22.168 Australia & New Zealand
- 22.214.171.124 ASEAN Countries
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.2 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
- 5.2.3 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Russia
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.2.4 South America
- 18.104.22.168 Brazil
- 22.214.171.124 Argentina
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
- 5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
- 184.108.40.206 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Croda International Plc
- 6.4.2 Bodal Chemicals Ltd.
- 6.4.3 Stepan Company
- 6.4.4 BASF SE
- 6.4.5 Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- 6.4.6 Lion Specialty Chemicals Co., Ltd
- 6.4.7 Clariant
- 6.4.8 Hansa Group AG
- 6.4.9 Kao Corporation
- 6.4.10 Formosan Union Chemical Corp
- 6.4.11 CEPSA Quimica SA
- 6.4.12 Desmet Ballestra
- 6.4.13 Sasol
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Rise in Demand for Personal Care Products in Developing Countries