Product Code: 61263
The market for ion exchange membrane is likely to grow at a CAGR of over 3.5% during the forecast period of 2019-2024. One of the key driving factors of the market is growing demand from healthcare and electronics sector. However, rising health concerns due to non-ionized organic contamination is expected to restrain the market.
- Increasing demand from wastewater treatment is also expected to boost the demand for ion exchange membrane during the forecast period.
- Rise in wastewater treatment projects in developing economies is likely to provide opportunities for market growth in the future.
- Asia-Pacific has accounted for the major share of the market in 2018.
Key Market Trends
Water Treatment to Dominate the Market
- Ion exchange membranes are used in a variety of applications including purification and separation. The membrane technology offers various benefits, such as high energy efficiency, low maintenance cost, and is eco-friendly.
- In the past few years, there has been an increase in concerns of clean water for drinking and sanitation across the globe which is likely to boost the demand for ion exchange membranes as they are used in removing impurities from contaminated water.
- In India, the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) requires EPA (the United States Environmental Protection Agency) to establish regulations to protect human health from contaminants in drinking water. The act authorizes EPA to develop national drinking water standards and ensure compliance with these standards.
- Hence, owing to the aforementioned reasons, water treatment is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific has accounted for the highest market share in 2018 owing to the high demand from countries like India and China.
- One of the key factors behind the high demand for ion exchange membranes in Asia-Pacific is government policies regarding water treatment in the developing economies of the region like China, India, and Indonesia.
- The economic growth and urbanization of China are also likely to boost the demand for ion exchange membranes as it will result in the parallel rise in demand for effective water treatment solutions.
- In highly populated countries like China and India, the need for conservation and re-use of water is rising at a significant rate.
- Hence, Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
The global ion exchange membrane market is a fragmented market, with intense competition among the top players to capture the major share in the market. Some of the key players of the market include 3M, ION EXCHANGE, Merck KGaA, and LANXESS, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Demand from Healthcare and Electronics Sector
- 4.1.2 Increasing Demand from Wastewater Treatment
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Rising Health Concerns due to Non-Ionized Organic Contamination
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Charge
- 5.1.1 Cation
- 5.1.2 Anion
- 5.1.3 Amphoteric Ion
- 5.1.4 Bipolar Ion
- 5.1.5 Mosaic Ion
- 5.2 Material
- 5.2.1 Hydrocarbon Membrane
- 5.2.2 Perfluorocarbon Membrane
- 5.2.3 Inorganic Membrane
- 5.2.4 Composite Membrane
- 5.2.5 Partially Halogenated Membrane
- 5.3 Application
- 5.3.1 Electro dialysis
- 5.3.2 Electrolysis
- 5.3.3 Storage Batteries
- 5.3.4 Water Treatment
- 5.3.5 Others
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 ASEAN Countries
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 18.104.22.168 United States
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 126.96.36.199 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 Italy
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of the Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Argentina
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
- 18.104.22.168 South Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa (MEA)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M
- 6.4.2 AGC ENGINEERING Co., Ltd.
- 6.4.3 Dioxide Materials
- 6.4.4 DowDuPont
- 6.4.5 Evergreen Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- 6.4.6 Fujifilm Manufacturing Europe B.V.
- 6.4.7 Suez
- 6.4.8 Hyflux Ltd
- 6.4.9 ION Exchange
- 6.4.10 Lanxess AG
- 6.4.11 Liaoning Yichen Membrane Technology Co., Ltd
- 6.4.12 Merck KGaA
- 6.4.13 ResinTech Inc.
- 6.4.14 Saltworks Technologies Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Rise in Wastewater Treatment Projects in Developing Economies
- 7.2 Increasing Investments in Healthcare Sector in Asia-Pacific