Product Code: 66301
The flame detectors market is expected to register a CAGR of around 6% over the forecast period (2021 - 2026). Flame detectors are witnessing multiple applications in a variety of environments ranging from industrial heating and drying systems, industrial gas turbines, to petrochemical oil and gas facilities. They reduce the risk in a given environment by quickly detecting an unwanted flame.
- Increasing awareness about safety, across different industry verticals, such as manufacturing, oil and gas, mining, among others, is boosting the growth of the flame detectors market.
- The growing exploration of new mining sites is fueling the need for flame detectors. Additionally, the newly formed safety regulations for hazardous areas are more stringent and the need for comprehensive flame detector solutions across diverse sectors are the factors expected to augment the market's growth.
- In recent years, communication, video image processing, and data storage power technology have developed rapidly and are readily available and easy to implement. They are expected to contribute to the development of the next generation of flame detection systems and products over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Oil and Gas End-user Industry is Expected to Hold a Major Share
- Many oil and gas installations, especially oil rigs and floating production storage and offloading (FPSOs), are located in areas that face harsh weather conditions, such as the North Sea. Weather conditions can reach extremes, with very low temperatures, strong winds, ice, and snow. Flame detectors have been installed in these environments.
- For instance, the Skarv Oil Field, located between the Norne field and Heidrun, and the Schiehallion Oil Field are both located in the North Sea, where these extremes prevail. Similarly, oil fields and facilities in the Prudhoe Bay area in Alaska face tough conditions.
- To meet the safety requirements of these facilities, flame detectors can be installed to offer fast and reliable fire detection under these harsh conditions. These flame detectors can work efficiently in spite of the extreme conditions, remaining unaffected by the different climates and offering a constant high level of performance.
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share
- North America is expected to be a major contributor to the growth of the market. The United States plays a key role in proliferating the demand from the region compared to Canada. The country is witnessing an increasing demand from almost all the end-user segments, especially from the oil and gas, energy, and power segments.
- Moreover, some of the key vendors of the market are located in the region, which aids the growth of the market. Some of them include Honeywell International Inc., Emerson Electric Co., United Technologies Corporation, and Spectrex Inc.
- The US Department of the Interior (DoI) plans to allow offshore exploratory drilling in about 90% of the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) acreage, under the National Outer Continental Shelf Oil and Gas Leasing Program (National OCS Program) for 2019-2024. As a result, the oil and gas sector in the region is expected to present new opportunities for the market.
- Additionally, Canada has one of the most active mining industries in the world. According to the Mining Association of Canada, the country ranks among the top five members for the global production of 13 major minerals and metals, including potash, uranium, nickel, cobalt, aluminum, diamonds, titanium, and gold. All the above developments, in both countries, are expected to boost the market's growth in the region.
The flame detectors market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. The market has witnessed frequent mergers and acquisitions and new product development by manufacturers to maintain their competitive edge.
- June 2018: 3M Gas & Flame Detection, the new product portfolio under 3M's Personal Safety Division, debuted its gas and flame solutions, product breadth, and innovative technologies as a unified front. This new group was formed from 3M's 2017 acquisition of Scott Safety and its Detcon, Oldham, Simtronics, and GMI brands. It will be on-site at Booth 653 of the World Gas Conference (Washington DC, USA) and at Booth 5.A. of the Automation Instrumentation Summit (Belgioiso, Italy).
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Increasing Number of Safety Regulations for Hazardous Areas
- 4.3.2 Growing Adoption of Flame Detectors across Diverse Industry Sectors such as Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, and Energy and Power
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 High Installation and Maintenance Costs
- 4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.6 Value Chain Analysis
5 Technology Snapshot
- 5.1 Single IR
- 5.2 Single UV
- 5.3 Dual UV/IR
- 5.4 Triple IR
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 6.1 By End-user Industry
- 6.1.1 Manufacturing
- 6.1.2 Oil and Gas
- 6.1.3 Mining
- 6.1.4 Energy and Power
- 6.1.5 Other End-user Industry
- 6.2 Geography
- 6.2.1 North America
- 6.2.2 Europe
- 6.2.3 Asia-Pacific
- 6.2.4 Rest of the World
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 7.1 Company Profiles
- 7.1.1 Honeywell International Inc.
- 7.1.2 Siemens AG
- 7.1.3 Bosch Security Systems B.V. (Robert Bosch GmbH)
- 7.1.4 Emerson Electric Co
- 7.1.5 United Technologies Corporation
- 7.1.6 MicroPack Engineering Ltd.
- 7.1.7 Johnson Controls International PLC
- 7.1.8 Simtronics ASA
- 7.1.9 3M Co
- 7.1.10 MSA Safety Incorporated
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS