Product Code: 56861
The centrifugal compressor market is expected to register a CAGR of approximately 4.23%, during the forecast period (2020 - 2025). Major factors driving the market studied are the expected increase in the uptake of newer oil and gas projects in the coming years, and the growing need to expand natural gas pipeline infrastructure. The declining cost of and increasing investments in renewable power generation are hampering the demand for natural gas-fired power generation, in turn, negatively impacting the demand for centrifugal compressors in the power generation industry.
The oil and gas industry dominated the market in 2018, and it is expected to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period, owing to the increasing oil and gas activities across the world.
Manufacturers are making strides to become more energy-efficient, amid rising end-user demands and changing energy efficiency standards, in several nations. If the manufacturers manage to increase the efficiency of a centrifugal compressor at significant levels, these compressors can become the preferred choice in a wider range of applications, in turn, driving the market.
Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, with China and India accounting for a major share.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Cost-optimized Solutions
- Budgetary restrictions across several end-user industries have resulted in companies looking for standardized solutions, instead of customized units. Customers are increasingly looking for centrifugal compressor products that minimize the overall operating costs, while providing high flow that is necessary for their applications, with minimal maintenance cost.
- In a bid to cater to such demands, major industry players are designing and offering new products. In July 2018, Atlas Copco launched a new oil-free H 1000-3150 centrifugal compressor, which allows a turndown of over 25% before blow-off, maximizing the energy savings and minimizing the operating costs.
- Moreover, increasing demand for natural gas across all the major industrial sectors is expected to boost the demand for such cost-optimized and standard compressors, as compared to the customized solutions in the future. This, in turn, is likely to boost the demand for centrifugal compressors during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific dominated the global market share, in 2018. The oil and gas and power industries remain the largest end users of these compressors in the region, accounting for more than 65% of the total market for centrifugal compressors. There are a number of floating production storage and offloading (FPSOs) projects in Asia-Pacific, which is expected to begin operations over the next four years. The increasing FPSO projects are expected to create tremendous opportunities in the market studied.
- China is also committed to strengthen its oil and natural gas pipeline network in the next 10 years, in an attempt to further boost the clean fuel's share in the country's energy mix. According to the National Development and Reform Commission, the country's natural gas pipelines is expected to reach 123,000 km, by 2025. As centrifugal compressors are one of the most commonly used equipment powering the long distance natural gas pipeline, the growth in the pipeline network is expected to drive the demand for the centrifugal compressor during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific is witnessing a widespread development of industrial infrastructure, which leads to a surge in demand for power. As the requirement of continuous power supply is imperative for industrial operations, new power plants need to be developed. Therefore, the increase in development of power generation plants, particularly the gas-fired generation plants, is expected to drive the demand for centrifugal compressor during the forecast period.
- The aforementioned factors, are therefore, expected to contribute to the increasing demand for centrifugal compressor in the region, during the forecast period.
- The centrifugal compressor market is fragmented in nature, with the presence of a large number of manufacturers. Atlas Copco, Ingersoll Rand Inc., and Gardner Denver Holadings Inc. were among the top providers of the centrifugal compressors across the world. Other prominent companies include Baker Hughes Company, Dresser-Rand Group Inc., and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Compressor Corporation.
- The centrifugal compressor market has witnessed a declining number of manufacturers, due to merger and acquisition of smaller manufacturers by the big organizations.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
- 4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
- 4.4 Drivers
- 4.5 Restraints
- 4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.7.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By End User
- 5.1.1 Oil and Gas
- 5.1.2 Power Sector
- 5.1.3 Petrochemical and Chemical Industries
- 5.1.4 Other End Users
- 5.2 By Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 5.2.2 Europe
- 5.2.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.4 Middle-East and Africa
- 5.2.5 South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Strategies Adopted by the Key Players
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 Atlas Copco
- 6.3.2 Ingersoll Rand Inc.
- 6.3.3 Baker Hughes Company
- 6.3.4 Sundyne
- 6.3.5 Gardner Denver Holdings Inc.
- 6.3.6 Dresser-Rand Group Inc.
- 6.3.7 Howden Group
- 6.3.8 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Compressor Corporation
- 6.3.9 Sullair LLC
- 6.3.10 Zhejiang Kaishan Compressor Co. Ltd
- 6.3.11 Kobe Steel Ltd
- 6.3.12 Air Products and Chemicals Inc.
- 6.3.13 Shenyang Blower Works Group Corporation.
- 6.3.14 Hitachi Ltd
- 6.3.15 MAN Energy Solutions
- 6.3.16 Xi'an Shaanxi Drum Power Co. Ltd
- 6.3.17 Elliott Group
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS