Product Code: 64534
The global extrusion coatings market is expected to record a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period of 2019-2024. The major factors driving the market studied are the growing demand from the food and beverage industry, and the steady growth of the packaging industry.
High costs compared to other coatings and the contribution to the carbon footprint is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
Development of bio-based polymers as raw materials is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
Key Market Trends
Liquid Packaging to be the Largest Application
- Liquid packaging application accounted for the largest share in global extrusion coatings market in 2018.
- Liquid packaging involves applications used for both short and long shelf life products (dairy as well as non-dairy).
- Packaging of liquid foods demands design flexibility, printability, looks, feel, and sustainability, among other features.
- Certain advantages with the usage of extrusion coatings for liquid packaging include temperature resistance, abrasion resistance, grease resistance, lowered coefficient of resistance, reduced water vapor transfer rate, etc.
- The ongoing growth in the personal care and cosmetic industry is also expected to increase the usage of liquid packaging, thus inducing the consumption of extrusion coatings.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific represented the largest regional market for global extrusion coatings market in 2018. The major countries responsible for the consumption of extrusion coatings in the region include China, India, and ASEAN countries.
- There is an ongoing growth in the economy and the disposable incomes among the population in the region which is increasing the demand for extrusion coated materials. Among all the countries in the region, China's market is expected to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- In Asia-Pacific, China is the largest economy, in terms of GDP. The country's annual growth of GDP was 6.6% in 2018 and is expected to decrease slightly to 6.3% in 2019. The growth in the country remains high but is gradually diminishing, as the population is ageing, and the economy is rebalancing from investment to consumption, manufacturing to services, and external to internal demand.
- The construction sector had slowed down after 2013, but it is still a major contributor to the GDP of China. After the government's push for infrastructure investment, as a means to sustain economic growth, the construction industry is growing rapidly in China. Thereby, increasing the demand for industrial packaging, which therefore increases the consumption of extrusion coatings market in the country during the forecast period.
- In India, the industrial sector is witnessing rapid growth in recent times, with the focus of making the country the 5th largest manufacturing country in the world, by the end of the year 2020. With the help of Make in India drive, India is becoming the hub for manufacturing.
- Also, the food processing industry in India is rapidly increasing with upcoming investments and governmental support. With increasing investments in the food processing industry, the demand for and the growth of the food and beverage packaging in the country is likely to increase, thus increasing the consumption of extrusion coatings market in the country during the forecast period.
The global extrusion coatings market is fragmented in nature. The major companies include LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Davis Standard, and Borealis AG, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Demand from Food and Beverage Industry
- 4.1.2 Steady Growth of Packaging Industry
- 4.1.3 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 High Costs Compared to Other Coatings
- 4.2.2 Contribution to Carbon Footprint
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Material
- 5.1.1 Polyethylene
- 188.8.131.52 Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- 184.108.40.206 High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- 220.127.116.11 Others (MDPE, LLDPE, etc.)
- 5.1.2 Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA)
- 5.1.3 Ethylene Butyl Acrylate (EBA)
- 5.1.4 Polypropylene
- 5.1.5 Polyethylene Terephthalate
- 5.1.6 Other Materials
- 5.2 Substrate
- 5.2.1 Paperboard and Cardboard
- 5.2.2 Polymer Films
- 5.2.3 Metal Foils
- 5.2.4 Other Substrates
- 5.3 Application
- 5.3.1 Liquid Packaging
- 5.3.2 Flexible Packaging
- 5.3.3 Medical Packaging
- 5.3.4 Personal and Cosmetic Packaging
- 5.3.5 Photographic Film
- 5.3.6 Industrial Packaging/Wrapping
- 5.3.7 Other Applications
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Russia
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Argentina
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
- 18.104.22.168 South Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Akzo Nobel N.V.
- 6.4.2 Borealis AG
- 6.4.3 Celanese Corporation
- 6.4.4 Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- 6.4.5 Davis-Standard LLC
- 6.4.6 DowDuPont Inc.
- 6.4.7 Dura Coat Products Inc.
- 6.4.8 LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- 6.4.9 Optimum Plastics
- 6.4.10 PPG Industries
- 6.4.11 Qenos Pty Ltd
- 6.4.12 SABIC
- 6.4.13 The Lubrizol Corporation
- 6.4.14 The Sherwin-Williams Company
- 6.4.15 Transcendia
- 6.4.16 Westlake Chemical Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Development of Bio-based Polymers as Raw Materials
- 7.2 Other Opportunities