Product Code: 64559
The global ceramic binders market is expected to record a CAGR of over 8% during the forecast period of 2019-2024. The major factor driving the market studied is the rising use of binders in various ceramic applications.
Environmental concerns and health and safety issues are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, with the largest consumption from countries, such as China and India.
Key Market Trends
Advanced Ceramics Segment to Contribute Significant Demand to the Market
- Advanced ceramics exhibit several exceptional properties, such as high resistance to bending, melting, stretching, corrosion, and wear and tear.
- Their physical stability, heat resistance, chemical inertness, good electrical properties, and suitability to be used in mass products, make them a better alternative to metals and plastics. These are even known for high chemical purity and careful processing.
- There are two main sub-classes of advanced ceramics, namely - electroceramics and structural ceramics.
- Electro ceramics find extensive applications in electronic substrates and packaging, as dielectric and piezoelectric ceramics, magnetic ceramics, and optical ceramics.
- Structural ceramics include - automotive ceramics, aerospace, bio-ceramics, and wear-resistant ceramics. These advanced ceramics find applications in various auto components, such as engine blocks, as they improve engine efficiency and cause less pollution.
- Advanced ceramics can be used in the aerospace sector, where turbine blades can be applied to resist extreme temperature and high-pressure conditions.
- Considering the above-mentioned properties, increasing applications of advanced ceramics are likely to boost the market studied, during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Dominating the Ceramic Binders Market
- Asia-Pacific was the largest market for ceramic binders in 2018. Growth in the regional market is driven by the rising demand majorly from the advanced ceramics in major economies such as China and India.
- Major players are expected to make investments in the ceramic binders market in countries such as India, Indonesia, and Vietnam, etc. Such factors coupled with the rapid growth of Asia-pacific is quite instrumental in the expansion of the global ceramic binders market.
- The Chinese manufacturing industry is currently the largest in the world. The manufacturing industry in the country is supported by low labor and material costs during its initial growth phase, and better infrastructure and favorable policies, in recent times.
- The economic growth in the country gained momentum in 2017, recording a Y-O-Y growth of 6.9%, from the 6.7% growth registered in 2016, which was the weakest pace over the past 26 years.
- The growing middle-class population and urbanization of Western China and India have contributed to the increasing demand and production of vehicles, in the region. For instance, in 2018, around 27.8 million vehicles were produced in China. In India, 5,174,645 units of motor vehicles were produced in the year 2018, with an increase of 8% from the previous year. In Japan, 9,728,528 units of motor vehicles were produced in the year 2018, with a growth of 0.4% than the previous year. Thus showing the demand for ceramic binders in the forecast period.
- China represents one of the largest aerospace industries, across the globe, making Asia-Pacific a dominant market. The Chinese government is investing significantly in the aerospace sector, to bolster its domestic manufacturing, and is planning to build new airports, which is expected to drive the MRO market, over the forecast period. Currently, the country is running 2,185 general aviation aircraft and is planning to operate more than 5,000 aircraft and 500 airports, by 2020. Therefore the demand for ceramic binders is expected to increase rapidly, during the forecast period.
The ceramic binders market is fragmented in nature. The major companies include KYOEISHA CHEMICAL Co. Ltd, ZIRCAR Ceramics, Imerys, and Almatis among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Rising Use of Binders in Various Ceramic Applications
- 4.1.2 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Environmental Concerns and Health and Safety Issues
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Cement
- 5.1.2 Alumina
- 5.1.3 Phosphate
- 5.1.4 Silica
- 5.1.5 Other Types
- 5.2 Chemistry
- 5.2.1 Organic
- 5.2.2 Inorganic
- 5.3 Application
- 5.3.1 Traditional Ceramics
- 5.3.2 Advanced Ceramics
- 5.3.3 Abrasives
- 5.3.4 Other Applications
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M Company
- 6.4.2 Almatis
- 6.4.3 Bhiwadi Polymers Limited
- 6.4.4 Ecolab
- 6.4.5 Imerys Group
- 6.4.6 Kuraray
- 6.4.7 Kyoeisha Chemical Co. Ltd
- 6.4.8 Polychemistry
- 6.4.9 Ransom & Randolph
- 6.4.10 Sekisui
- 6.4.11 Shreeji chemicals
- 6.4.12 Toagosei
- 6.4.13 Zicar Ceramics
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS