Product Code: 64121
The market for anti-graffitti coatings is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 3.5% during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the market studied is the elimination of re-painting costs and devaluation of property. However, strict regulations on the fossil fuels used in coatings is likely to restrain the market.
- Increasing popularity of graffiti artists also likely to boost the demand during the forecast period.
- Growth in the usage of non-stick coatings is likely to act as an opportunity for the market growth in future.
- North America accounted for the highest market share in 2018 followed by Europe. North America is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Construction Industry to Witness the Highest Growth Rate
In the construction industry, anti-graffiti coatings are applied on various substrates including concrete, masonry, wood, metal, etc.
According to Bureau of Justice, the most common form of vandalism is graffiti. The cleanup process of these undesirable arts burden businesses and property owners, and also account for a considerable portion of municipal budgets across the world.
On an average, American cities spend about USD 12 billion on cleanup of graffiti art each year. Some of the major targets for graffiti in construction structures include business buildings, historical monuments, schools, public stations, shopping malls, government buildings, etc.
Several major cities in North American and European regions are experiencing an increase in graffiti, where most of it exhibits hatred for police, administrations, etc. Application of anti-graffiti coatings is one of the effective steps in avoiding graffiti on structures and other properties.
Owing to the increase in the graffiti incidents, especially in the North American and European regions, the construction industry segment is likely to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
North America to Dominate the Market
- North America represented the largest regional market for global anti-graffiti coatings market in 2018.
- This immense demand for anti-graffiti coatings is a consequence of the growing cases of graffiti and expenditure on the removal of graffiti in the region.
- In North American region, the United States provides the major market for the anti-graffiti coatings.
- The ongoing developments in nanotechnology and bio-based technology in this region is also expected to drive the market for anti-graffiti coatings.
- Hence, owing to the aforementioned factors, North America is likely to dominate the anti-graffiti coatings market during the forecast period.
The global market for anti-graffiti coatings is partially consolidated as the major share of the market is distributed among a few key players. Some of the major manufacturers in the market include DowDuPont, 3M, BASF SE, Akzo Nobel NV, etc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Elimination of Re-painting Costs and Devaluation of Property
- 4.1.2 Increasing Popularity of Graffiti among Graffiti Artists
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Strict Regulations on the Fossil Fuels Used in Coatings
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters 5 Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Substrate
- 5.1.1 Metal
- 5.1.2 Concrete
- 5.1.3 Masonry
- 5.1.4 Wood
- 5.2 Type
- 5.2.1 Sacrificial
- 5.2.2 Semi-Sacrificial
- 5.2.3 Permanent
- 5.3 End-user Industry
- 5.3.1 Automotive and Transportation
- 5.3.2 Construction
- 5.3.3 Other End-user Industries
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 South Korea
- 18.104.22.168 ASEAN Countries
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of the Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa (MEA)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 BASF SE
- 6.4.2 DowDuPont
- 6.4.3 3M
- 6.4.4 Akzo Nobel NV
- 6.4.5 Sika AG
- 6.4.6 Hydron Protective Coatings
- 6.4.7 The Sherwin Williams Company
- 6.4.8 CSL Silicones Inc.
- 6.4.9 Protective Coatings International Ltd
- 6.4.10 IGP Pulvertechnik AG
- 6.4.11 Watson Coatings Inc.
- 6.4.12 A&I Coatings
- 6.4.13 NanoTech Coatings
- 6.4.14 Axalta Coatings Systems LLC
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Introduction of Bio-based Technology Coatings
- 7.2 Growth in the Usage if Non-stick Coatings