Product Code: 63646
The digital process automation market was valued at USD 7.8 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach a value of USD 16.12 billion by 2026 at a CAGR of 12.98 %, during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). As new technologies are trending and accelerating, the merging of the virtual and physical worlds are enabling the creation of new business models. Manufacturers are introducing new business models under which they are selling digital services along with products, such as digital twins.
- Due to the increasing demand for automating business, the primary application of a digital process automation tool is focusing at industries requiring an efficient back-end processing management. Thus, increasing establishments of business enterprises, such as BFSI business enterprises, e-commerce retailers, and manufacturing industries.
- Increase adoption of low code automation platform, as it involves rapid design and development with minimal amounts of coding with greater accessibility, is often relying on third-party application programming interfaces (APIs).
Key Market Trends
Adoption of Business Process Management (BPM) to Drive the Market Growth
- Digital process automation (DPA) is growing as an important evolution of the traditional category of business process management or BPM. This growth in DPA is due to the rising need for the different businesses to automate the processes as part of extensive digital transformation initiatives.
- Organizations across different verticals are continually trying to find out new sectors or verticals, through which they can reduce their total operational costs. They have increased their spending on managing their business processes with digitalization, which is expected to drive the DPA market growth.
North America to Account for a Significant Market Share in the Market
- Due to the presence of large digital process automation vendors in the region, North America is expected to significantly contribute to market expansion.
- The major trends responsible for the growth of DPA market in the region include the diverse packaging that increases demand for advanced sensing technology, which will directly impact the increase of automated products.
- The United States is significantly growing due to improved technology and streamlined global supply chains/logistics. This emergence of international logistics networks means that the United States manufacturers can now efficiently and effectively deliver the finished products and raw materials anywhere around the world.
- This trend has massively increased the economic opportunities of US manufacturers and international competitors. Robotic process automation (RPA) is one key technology that is enabling companies to address the fast pace of change across all areas of business. RPA provides virtual agents to automate tasks, processes, and workflows for complex work.
The digital process automation market is moving toward the fragmented market as the rivalries are heating up, because entry and exit barriers are going down due to the comparative low-cost of digital business models, and in many cases, new entrants do not even need to own physical assets or infrastructure. New product launches and focuses on continuous technology innovations are some strategies adopted by the major players. Key players are IBM Corporation, Pegasystems Inc., Appian Corporation, Oracle Corporation, etc. Recent developments in the market are -
- Mar 2019 - Appian announced the next release of its low-code platform, which will make it easier than ever to build powerful enterprise applications up to 20x faster. The new version accelerates development and expands low-code/no-code platform capabilities in a number of key areas, including integration, robotic process automation (RPA), interface design, enterprise mobility, and customer engagement.
- Dec 2018 - IBM partnered with Blue Prism Company to deliver the digital workforce capabilities. With this partnership, it will help to recognize the opportunity to improve customer experiences, increase productivity, and provide new products and services through intelligent automation.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Increase Demand of Automating Business Process for Efficient Back-end process
- 4.3.2 Increase Adoption of Low Code Automation for Greater Accessibility
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 Lack of Skilled Workforce
- 4.5 Value Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Component
- 5.1.1 Solution
- 5.1.2 Service
- 5.2 By Deployment
- 5.2.1 On-demand
- 5.2.2 On-premise
- 5.3 By Organization Size
- 5.3.1 Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises
- 5.3.2 Large Enterprises
- 5.4 By End User
- 5.4.1 Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI)
- 5.4.2 Manufacturing
- 5.4.3 IT and Telecommunication
- 5.4.4 Aerospace and Defense
- 5.4.5 Healthcare
- 5.4.6 Retail and Consumer Goods
- 5.4.7 Other End Users
- 5.5 Geography
- 5.5.1 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 5.5.2 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
- 5.5.3 Asia-Pacific
- 22.214.171.124 China
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.5.4 Latin America
- 5.5.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 IBM Corporation
- 6.1.2 Bizagi Group Limited
- 6.1.3 Pegasystems Inc.
- 6.1.4 Appian Corporation
- 6.1.5 Oracle Corporation
- 6.1.6 Software AG
- 6.1.7 DST Systems Inc.
- 6.1.8 OpenText Corporation
- 6.1.9 Newgen Software Technologies Ltd.
- 6.1.10 TIBCO Software Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS