Product Code: 62708
The diaphragm pump market is expected to witness significant growth of CAGR greater than 5% majorly due to increasing demand from the end user industry such as oil & gas, water & wastewater, chemicals & petrochemicals, food & beverage, etc. Moreover, due to the growing demand for oil & gas, recovery in oil price, and the increasing number of onshore & offshore fields reaching their maturity, exploration & production activity is expected to make a shift toward deeper offshore regions, which result in increasing offshore ultra deepwater projects. This, in turn, is expected to drive the diaphragm pump market during the forecast period. However, technological advancements in alternative option of conventional pumps such as solar pumps are expected to hinder the pump market during the forecast period.
- The water & wastewater sector is expected to dominate the market growth owing to development of water and wastewater infrastructure, inline to surging demand for clean water. The demand for pumps from water and wastewater industry is growing rapidly on account to increasing government concerns. This, in turn, is expected to propel the demand for diaphragm pump market during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, the manufacturing of pumps have witnessed combination of 3D printing technology combined with computer modelling has led to a cutting edge development in pump design, repair and replacement which, in turn, drives the global market for diaphragm pumps and provide opportunity for the market in coming future.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the globe in 2018, with the majority of the demand coming from China and India, owing to rising economies and growing population. The Asia Pacific is also the fastest-growing region and this trend is expected to be the same in forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Waste & Wastewater Sector to Dominate the Market
- Most of the human and industrial activities that use water produce wastewater. As the overall demand for water grows, the quantity of wastewater produced, and its overall pollution load is continuously increasing worldwide. As a result, the governments across the world have introduced strict policies and regulations regarding wastewater treatment for both municipal and industrial sector.
- Around two-third of the world's population lives in areas that experience water scarcity for at least one month a year. Around 50% of the people facing this level of water scarcity lives in India and China. Therefore, the demand for treatment for wastewater produced as a result of human and industrial sector water usage is expected to grow, in order to improve the efficiency of water usage and meet the water demands.
- Moreover, on an average, high-income countries treat about 70% of the industrial and municipal wastewater it generates. That ratio drops to 38% in upper-middle-income countries and about 28% in lower-middle-income countries. With increasing awareness about environment and growing water shortage, the demand for water treatment plants and, in turn, pumps in water treatment plants is expected to increase in the developing countries.
- Furthermore, the modular design of wastewater treatment plant has also reduced the initial heavy investment challenge and allows an economical solution. These plants can readily be expanded as the wastewater flow and in turn capacity requirement of treatment plant increases. Due to this new trend in the water treatment industry, relatively smaller industries have started installing water treatment plants.
- Therefore, the growing concerns regarding the environmental impact of wastewater and water scarcity, stricter government regulation, and declining cost of water treatment plants are expected to drive the water treatment industry, and in turn, demand for diaphragm pump during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is witnessing huge economic growth which has resulted in the development of industrial infrastructure. The industrial infrastructure in the region witnessing growth with policy level focus for driving the industrial sector.
- Most of the countries in the Asia-Pacific region is in a growing phase and the high rate of population growth has led to increased requirement for water supply. The water demand in China and India grew significantly in recent years and is expected to do the same in forecast period, leading to an increase in water and wastewater management sector, which in turn is expected to increase the market for diaphragm pumps.
- India's investment in refining and petrochemicals industry is expected to pave a way for the diaphragm pump market in India. Refining capacity of India grew to 22495.43 TMT in March 2019, with an increase of 6.51% from March 2018. Refining capacity of China is also on the rise, with a recent contract for 1 MTA ethylene and refinery expansion project of Sinochem Quanzhou Petrochemical.
- Most of the countries in the Asia-pacific region have positive outlook pertaining to industries such as water and wastewater, oil & gas, etc. which, in turn, are expected to drive the demand for diaphragm pumps during the forecast period.
The diaphragm pump market is fragmented due to many companies operating in the industry. The key players in this market include Flowserve Corporation, Grundfos AS, Dover Corporation, Ingersoll-Rand PLC, Idex Corporation, Graco Inc., Tapflo Group, Verder Group, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of the Study
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast, in USD billion, till 2025
- 4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
- 4.4 Market Dynamics
- 4.4.1 Drivers
- 4.4.2 Restraints
- 4.5 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Mechanism
- 5.1.1 Air Operated
- 5.1.2 Electrically Operated
- 5.2 Discharge Pressure
- 5.2.1 Up to 80 bar
- 5.2.2 Between 80 to 200 bar
- 5.2.3 Above 200 bar
- 5.3 End User
- 5.3.1 Water & Wastewater
- 5.3.2 Oil & Gas
- 5.3.3 Chemical & Petrochemical
- 5.3.4 Pharmaceutical
- 5.3.5 Food & Beverage
- 5.3.6 Others
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 South America
- 5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 Dover Corporation
- 6.3.2 Ingersoll-Rand PLC
- 6.3.3 Flowserve Corp
- 6.3.4 Idex Corporation
- 6.3.5 Graco Inc.
- 6.3.6 Xylem Inc.
- 6.3.7 SPX Flow Inc
- 6.3.8 Tapflo Group
- 6.3.9 Verder Group
- 6.3.10 Grundfos AS
- 6.3.11 Yamada Corporation
- 6.3.12 LEWA Group
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS