Product Code: 57245
The palletizer market accounted for USD 2.37 billion in 2019 and is expected to touch USD 3..27 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 5.34% during (2020 - 2025). With the increasing trend of Industry 4.0, the automation of material handling operations is also growing which in result will drive the robotic palletizer market.
- A palletizer is a machine that enables the automatic stacking of goods and products. It also enables the depalletizing or unloading of goods. Thus the palletizers ensure time-saving and achieve operational excellence coupled with ease to operate, thereby, the use of automatic palletizers is growing on a large scale at industries and factories.
- Moreover, the Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries, which has been conducted under the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, has established that workplace injuries have decreased by 25% in 10 years, due to the advent of various technologies in the workplace. Thus, when considering the safety that robotic palletizer offers compared to a person stacking and lifting, the overall savings are more significant and palletizers continue to prove profitable for packaging and packing products.
- However, the high equipment cost coupled with high maintenance cost is acting as a restraint for the market during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
An automatic palletizer is a machine that enables the automatic stacking of goods and products. It also enables the depalletizing or unloading of goods. Robotic palletizers provide a viable method to reduce operational costs and improve work efficiency for industries that employ the manual workforce for repetitive tasks, such as loading/unloading goods, packaging, and palletizing. Owing to the intense growth in demand in sectors such as food & beverage, healthcare, and others across the globe, the future scope for the market also increases.
Key Market Trends
Pharmaceutical Packaging Offers Potential Growth
- With a high level of specification in the pharmaceuticals packaging industry and increasing demand for integration of track-and-trace serialization technology, palletizer is to grow among the other types of packaging machinery.
- Further, to ensure high precision and accuracy, many pharmaceuticals packaging plants are constantly automating their final product with the palletizing robot due to the demand for increased productivity. Their compact design makes palletizers ideal for small space and depalletizers provide an efficient means to sort containers from bulk layered pallets onto a conveyor or conveying system. This also ensures a safe environment free of toxins and contaminants because of chemicals used in manufacturing drugs.
- The packaging of the pharmaceutical products is very important with regard to its stability, acceptance to the patient, transport, etc and palletizing is one of its important machinery because it helps in proper stacking and transportation of products without any error.
- Moreover, the growing demand for unit dosing and small-size pharmaceuticals have a positive impact on the palletizer market. The palletizer speed capacity which can continuously work in the same mode, without any interruption results in cost reduction and increases in productivity and thus helps in fulfilling the demand.
- Thus, with the advancement and improvement of the pharmaceutical packaging, palletizer is also expected to grow along with that.
Asia-Pacific to Witness the Fastest Growth
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness the fastest adoption of robotic palletizers due to the adoption of robotics and automation in the manufacturing and commercial sectors in the developing regions such as China and India.
- With the rise in population and increasing disposable income in these regions. the preference for consumption of food and beverages is increasing. Thus, the food and beverage industry in these regions gradually automating their material handling processes to reduce product damage and enhance the efficiency of production processes which in return will create a positive outlook on the palletizer market.
- Additionally, the government's initiative like 'Make in India', the manufacture and consequent distribution and logistics activities are expected to witness an exponential growth for automated material handling machines market which in return will create a market for palletizer as well.
- Therefore, the above factors are expected to have a positive outlook in the palletizer market in the Asia-Pacific region during the forecast period.
The palletizer market is fragmented and competitive in nature. Some of the key players are A-B-C Packaging Machine Corp, ABB Ltd, Honeywell Intelligrated, Krones AG, Schneider Packaging Equipment Co. Inc., etc amongst others. Factors such as relentless competition in order to maintain the market shares increased domestic consumption, and rapid urbanization have attracted many new players into the market.
- February 2019 - Wildeck, Inc. introduced a new product in addition to its family of material handling products i.e.the Pallet Drop Zone (DZ) Safety Gate. As one side of the DZ gate is raised the other closes. This ensures that the elevated ledge is protected at all times, safeguarding personnel and palletized materials from falls
- February 2018 - Columbia Machine introduced HL9200 palletizer, which is designed to provide flexibility by incorporating variable lane position technology with soft turn case handling; and two configurable layer tables to provide stable layer forming.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Increased Emphasis on Workplace Safety
- 4.3.2 Wide Adoption of Robotics in Warehouse Applications
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 High Initial Equipment Cost
- 4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Product
- 5.1.1 Conventional Palletizer
- 188.8.131.52 High-Level Palletizer
- 184.108.40.206 Low-Level Palletizer
- 5.1.2 Robotic Palletizer
- 5.2 By End-user Vertical
- 5.2.1 Food & Beverages
- 5.2.2 Pharmaceuticals
- 5.2.3 Personal Care & Cosmetics
- 5.2.4 Chemicals
- 5.2.5 Other End-user Verticals
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Latin America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Latin America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 22.214.171.124 UAE
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 A-B-C Packaging Machine Corp.
- 6.1.2 ABB Ltd.
- 6.1.3 BEUMER Group GmbH & Co. KG
- 6.1.4 Honeywell Intelligrated
- 6.1.5 KION Group AG
- 6.1.6 Krones AG
- 6.1.7 Schneider Packaging Equipment Co. Inc.
- 6.1.8 Sidel
- 6.1.9 YASKAWA Electric Corp.
- 6.1.10 Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Inc.
- 6.1.11 Arrowhead Systems Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS