Product Code: 62375
The Optical Spectrum Analyzer Market is expected to register a CAGR of over 6%, during the forecast period 2018 - 2023. The scope of the market covers the systems by various vendors of the market.
Telecommunications Sector to Hold the Largest Market Share
Signal analyzers form the backbone of the telecom industry as determining and producing required signal spectrum and strength is of upmost importance. Optical spectrum analyzers are used to allow continuous monitoring of the required output signals. The revolution in mobile technology, and wireless technology has enabled it to evolve from 1G to 4G. Currently researchers are working on defining next generation of wireless communication, i.e., 5G through the emphasis on small cell concepts, network speed and capacity enhancement and introducing new communications technologies - the future 5G2. Improving the speed and capacity is required to make the communication for potentially billions of wireless devices feasible. To support the combination of small cells and mm-wave radio for future 5G access, fiber-optic communication plays an important role in both the backhaul and fronthaul networks, thus driving the need for OSA's to fulfill this need.
United States to Hold the Largest Market Share
China boasts of a robust electronics industry owing to the growing import and export market across the globe. The growing demand for consumer goods such as mobile phones, tablets, and other electronic gadgets have been on the rise. With this growing market, there is a greater need for higher quality and efficiency of these goods, thus driving the need for OSA's for improved testing and inspection of devices. Further, the telecom sector serves a large customer base in this region. With advancements and adoption of 4G and transition to 5G, there are greater investments to ensure appropriate communication between channels. All these have been enabled by the implementation of OSA's in the testing of telecom signals.
Key Developments in Optical Spectrum Analyzer Market
- March 2018 - Yokogawa released a benchtop AQ6360 optical spectrum analyzer, primarily for production testing of data communication and telecom devices, including laser diodes, optical transceivers, and optical amplifiers. The instrument is the companies first aimed at testing telecom devices during and after production.
- February 2018 - Viavi Solutions Inc. announced a definitive agreement to acquire the Test and Measurement business of Cobham plc for USD 455 million. The acquisition is aimed at strengthening the company's competitive position in 5G deployment and diversity the company's military, public safety and avionics test markets.
- Major Players: YOKOGAWA ELECTRIC CORPORATION, THORLABS INC., VIAVI SOLUTIONS, EXFO INC., ANRITSU CORPORATION, ADC CORPORATION, APEX TECHNOLOGIES, BRISTOL CORPORATION INC., ARAGON PHOTONICS BRILLOUIN, FINISAR CORPORATION, NEW RIDGE TECHNOLOGIES, ID PHOTONICS and YENISTA OPTICS amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase Optical Spectrum Analyzer Market Report
- Current and future optical spectrum analyzer market outlook in the developed and emerging economies
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter's five forces analysis
- The segments that are expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
Customization of the Report:
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Optical Spectrum Analyzer Market Dynamics
- 4.1 Optical Spectrum Analyzer Market Overview
- 4.2 Optical Spectrum Analyzer Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Growth of 5G (Millimetre Wave) Technology
- 4.3 Optical Spectrum Analyzer Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Replacement of Optical Spectrum Analyzer Products with Advanced Products
- 4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry
5. Global Optical Spectrum Analyzer Market Segmentation
- 5.1 Optical Spectrum Analyzer Market By Type
- 5.1.1 Portable
- 5.1.2 Handheld
- 5.1.3 Benchtop
- 5.2 Optical Spectrum Analyzer Market By End User
- 5.2.1 Telecommunication
- 5.2.2 Manufacturing
- 5.2.3 Consumer Goods
- 5.2.4 Others (Biomedical)
- 5.3 Optical Spectrum Analyzer Market By Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Latin America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Key Vendor Profiles
- 6.1 Yokogawa Electric Corporation
- 6.2 Thorlabs Inc.
- 6.3 VIAVI Solutions
- 6.4 EXFO Inc.
- 6.5 Anritsu Corporation
- 6.6 ADC Corporation
- 6.7 Apex Technologies
- 6.8 Bristol Corporation Inc.
- 6.9 Aragon Photonics Brillouin
- 6.10 Finisar Corporation
- 6.11 New Ridge Technologies
- 6.12 ID Photonics
- 6.13 Yenista Optics
7. Future Outlook