Product Code: 49923
The cosmetic packaging machinery market was valued at USD 3.52 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 4.98 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 5.62% over the forecast period 2020 - 2025. Next-generation automated packaging machines are replacing traditional cosmetics packaging machines. These machines are being designed without control cabinets, and are vertically and horizontally connected.
- Almost all the industries are moving towards significant automation for improving their cost and energy utilization. With the automation, human intervention has reduced significantly reducing human errors up to an extent. For the same reason, packaging industries are also adopting integrated and next-generation automated machinery, ultimately driving the packaging machinery market.
- Due to growing economies and increasing disposable income across the global population, the demand for personal care and consumers goods is multiplying. The cosmetic companies have expansions globally. For instance, L'Oreal is spending Euro 15 million for its expansion in France plant, which will be a part of its luxury Excellence Manufacturing Centre.
- The trend is towards the usage of vacuum machinery for cosmetics products in order to gain aseptic packaging. This growth is this trend increasing its deployments over their conventional packaging machine and hence driving the market for cosmetic packaging machinery market.
- On the other hand, the requirement of high initial capital is restricting companies from replacing their existing packaging line, and the stringent government regulations for cosmetics and their equipment are few of the factors limiting the market for cosmetic packaging machines.
Scope of the Report
The scope of the study for cosmetic packaging machinery market is limited to the type of machines used for various operation for cosmetics packaging globally. The packaging machines for perfumeries are nor considered for market estimation.
Key Market Trends
Labelling Machines to Witness Significant Growth
- With the growing technological advancements and digital transformation, the importance of labelling has increased tremendously over the years. Cosmetic products are available in different forms of packagings and material, and hence, the choice of labelling machines to suit the packaging technics is essential.
- Even FDA and EU do not have many restrictions on ingredients for cosmetic products and the testing of products is left up to the manufacturers, the regulations for listing the ingredients is mandatory which makes the labelling machine essential for each packaging.
- Cosmetics product companies are expanding their productions across the countries due to the increase in sales of consumer goods for personal care over the year. According to Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the United States is expected to spend USD 3.2 trillion in 2019 on personal healthcare.
- Owing to this increase, the packaging machinery adoption for cosmetics will also increase subsequently. In addition to this, according to the Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, labelling machines witnessed high demand in packaging sector. This factor coupled with rising demand for cosmetics is expected to drive the market growth.
North America is the Key Market for Cosmetic Packaging Machinery
- The United States is a hub for cosmetic products and is known for its innovative and quality products. The consumers in the United States are seeking out products geared toward their specific needs and preferences.
- The country has the footprint of many multinational companies, such as Revlon, MAC Cosmetics, Avon, and L'Oreal. The United States is the biggest market for skin care products, including anti-aging and anti-wrinkle products.
- The formation of the Advanced Manufacturing Partnership (AMP) is an initiative, undertaken by the United States to make the industry, universities, and the federal government invests in emerging technologies. This initiative has helped the country gain a competitive edge in the global economy, by investing in packaging equipment, which is used in the final line of production.
The cosmetic packaging machinery market trend is moderately concentrated with the presence of many big players offering solutions. Companies are adopting new product innovation and acquisitions to increase there market share.
- Apr 2019 - Zhejiang Zhongke Packaging Machinery, launched multiple products to meet the changing market demand and to strengthen its product portfolio in the rigid box manufacturing segment. The ZK 5540 B is an automatic folder gluer for rigid box manufacturing. It is equipped with servo motor, PCL programmable controller, photoelectric tracer, touchscreen HMI and other systems.
- March 2018 - Leonard Green & Partners has completed the acquisition of the US-based packaging machinery company ProMach from AEA Investors. The terms of the deal have not been disclosed, and it is reported that the management team and employees of the acquired business will continue to operate from their facilities across the globe.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Technology Snapshot
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Growing Demand for Personal Healthcare Products
- 4.3.2 Increasing Industrial Automation
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 High Initial Capital Requirement
- 4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Machine Type
- 5.1.1 Form/Fill/Seal Machinery
- 5.1.2 Labelling Machinery
- 5.1.3 Capping Machinery
- 5.1.4 Wrapping Machinery
- 5.1.5 Other Machine Types
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 5.2.2 Europe
- 5.2.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.4 Latin America
- 5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Bosch Packaging Technology, Inc. (Robert Bosch GmbH)
- 6.1.2 I.M.A. Industria Macchine Automatiche S.P.A.
- 6.1.3 Marchesini Group S.p.A.
- 6.1.4 Packsys Global Ltd
- 6.1.5 Prosy's Innovative Packaging Equipment
- 6.1.6 Turbofil Packaging Machine, LLC
- 6.1.7 Vetraco Group
- 6.1.8 Zhejiang Rigao Machinery Corporation, ltd.
- 6.1.9 Wimco Ltd
- 6.1.10 ProMach Inc.
- 6.1.11 Liquid Packaging Solutions Inc.
- 6.1.12 APACKS
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS