Product Code: 58800
The 8K Market has registered a CAGR of 32.9% over the forecast period 2021 - 2026.
- The advancements in display technology, along with the increase in demand for high-resolution TVs among consumers, create a positive outlook for the growth of the 8K market. The large-screen and high-resolution TVs offer better quality and realistic images, as well as an enhanced viewing experience.
- Further, the 8K imaging systems have a high pixel count, which is preferred over the traditional imaging techniques. The high resolution afforded by 8K technology provides a level of detail that is used for telemedicine and by surgeons and medical students over remote connections. This is driving the adoption of 8k technology in healthcare. Thus, the demand for 8K technology in healthcare is propelling.
- However, on the flipside 8K content availability is restraining the market growth. Also, the high cost related to 8K technology-based products is also challenging the market.
Key Market Trends
Television Segment is Expected to Have Significant Growth
- With the help of advanced facilities, companies produce very large LCD sheets, called mother glass, from which TV display panels are cut. As a result, bigger TV panels can be produced with less waste, helping to drive down costs and consumer prices.
- Moreover, according to Samsung, people have moved from 32 inch to 55 inch, as the average screen size now. This is a trend toward larger screen technologies, as the big bezels and backs that often came attached to the display itself have disappeared. That means that people can fit much more screen in the same amount of space and that the TVs themselves aren't quite so ugly, meaning that the average display size has quickly shot up.
- Further, 8K technology provides display video at 120 frames per second rather than the current 60 frames per second. Thus, the sports networks are especially interested in this technology. By doubling the number of frames displayed each second, it can help reduce motion blur during fast-moving action.
- The demand for 8K Ultra HDTV, in the United States, is increasing year-on-year. They are the early adopters of this technology. And thus, the above factors are expected to have a positive outlook in the 8K television market.
Asia-Pacific to Witness the Fastest Growth
- In the Asia-Pacific region, China and Japan dominate the 8K technology market. China is emerging as a leading consumer product manufacturing hub, with local players expanding their market share in all segments. Therefore, China is expected to witness high growth in the 8K technology market.
- Japan introduced a broadcast channel dedicated to 8K content, and this gives an in-depth look at the complicated requirements. To enjoy 8K media, one will need an 8K TV, a dedicated satellite to receive the transmission, and in some cases a replacement for boosters and distributor boxes. Additionally, Japan is pioneering this technology with plans to broadcast the 2020 Olympics in 8K.
- Therefore, China and Japan will be among the highest growth registering countries in the 8K technology market. All these factors together are expected to result in the Asia-Pacific region witnessing the fastest CAGR among all other regions during the forecast period.
The 8K market is highly fragmented and competitive because of the presence of major players. Some companies, like Samsung Electronics, LG Electronics, Sony Corporation, Sharp Corporation, Canon Inc., Red Digital Cinema, Dell Technologies are the major players in the 8K technology market. These players are focusing on strengthening their presence in the 8K technology market to meet the increasing demand from the consumer electronics industry, with high demand for better display screens and technological advancements in micro-LEDs.
- January 2019: Samsung Electronics showcased a 98-inch QLED 8K TV at CES 2019. It features a resolution of 7680Hx4320, high light output, and full-array local dimming.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Increasing Demand for High-end Display in Consumer Electronics Market
- 4.2.2 Increasing Technological Advancements in Camera and Data Transfer Technology
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 High Price and Prime Costing of 8K Products
- 4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Device
- 5.1.1 Monitor
- 5.1.2 Television
- 5.1.3 Camera
- 5.1.4 Full Dome
- 5.2 By Application
- 5.2.1 Healthcare
- 5.2.2 Consumer
- 5.2.3 Commercial
- 5.2.4 Other Applications
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 South korea
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Rest of the World
- 18.104.22.168 Latin America
- 22.214.171.124 Middle-East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 BOE Japan Co. Ltd
- 6.1.2 Canon Inc
- 6.1.3 Dell Inc.
- 6.1.4 Hisense Co. Ltd
- 6.1.5 Ikegami Tsushinki Co. Ltd
- 6.1.6 LG Electronics Inc
- 6.1.7 Panasonic Corporation
- 6.1.8 Red Digital Cinema Camera Company
- 6.1.9 Samsung Group
- 6.1.10 Sharp Corporation
7 INVESTMENT OUTLOOK
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS