Product Code: 51995
The global automotive air filter market is anticipated to register a CAGR of about 8.57% during the forecast period (2019 - 2024).
- The intake and cabin air filters are vital components of a vehicle. The intake air filter aids in the efficient working of the automobile's engine. The poor performance of the air filter can result in inefficient functioning and lead to more emissions. The cabin air filter plays an equally important role in the automobile. It prevents harmful pollutants from entering the passenger cabin, and its performance has a direct bearing on passenger satisfaction and experience.
- Air composition and quality widely vary across the world and depend on environmental conditions soil, dust, road conditions, traffic, construction the list goes on. The properties of dust depend on the mineralogical composition, as well as the percentage of quartz and corundum in the dust. These elements are extremely hard and are capable of significant damage/wear to engine parts. Quartz is prevalent across the world and is considerably harder than most metals that are used in the manufacturing of automotive engines, therefore the air filter plays a crucial role in filtering quartz particles from the air intake. The air filter needs to effectively protect the engine against a direct intake of abrasive particles and road dust.
- The growing automotive market, especially cars sales, is majorly driving the air filter market. Consumers are becoming more aware of the importance of air filter for purified air and staying isolated in their passenger cabin from the atmosphere dirt that leads to the booming cabin air filter aftermarket.
Scope of the Report
The global automotive air filter market has been segmented by type, vehicle type, and geography.
Key Market Trends
Decline in Vehicle Sales Hampering the Air Filter Market Growth
World vehicle sales fell in 2018 owing mainly to a sharp contraction in auto purchases in China in the second half of the year amid a Government-led crackdown on non-bank lending. Sales in Western Europe also dropped sharply in the final months of 2018 owing to a shortage of qualifying vehicles under new emission test procedures introduced in the European Union in September, but still managed a slight increase for the year when excluding the UK.
In 2018, Chinese vehicle sales fell for the first time in two decades owing to a pronounced slowdown in economic activity, particularly in the latter half of the year. Total sales for the year sat three percentage points below 2017's record high and recorded a sharp year-on-year decline of 14% in December. Several factors contributed to a weak sales performance in 2018: an increase in the tax rate applied on small vehicles, a government crackdown on excessive lending, and trade frictions with the US.
New vehicle emission tests rules which entered into force in September in the EU led to a big swing in sales in the second half of 2018, though auto purchases in Western Europe excluding the UK managed to eke out a 0.3% increase in 2018. Based on the all aforementioned factors, the vehicle sales has been declining which in turn hampering the air filter market growth.
Asia-Pacific - Expected to Lead the Air Filter Market
The Asia Pacific is anticipated to lead the global air filter market over the forecast period. China, India, and Japan are the major economies in the regional market that are anticipated to influence the global industry due to rising vehicle production. The Europe region is also likely to have significant growth in the coming years. Earlier, it was one of the largest regional markets, in terms of revenue, owing to high product demand.
North America is witnessing strong demand for air filter as the vehicle production is growing in the country due to the presence of major companies such as Ford Motors Co., Chrysler, and General Motors. High disposable income and huge customer base are expected to fuel the demand for automobiles in the region resulting in a steady growth of the market over the next few years.
The global automotive air filter market is majorly dominated by, Alco, Ashley Filters, Denso Corporation, Cummins, Sogefi Group, amongst others. The companies are expanding their presence by opening new plants and making existing air filters more advanced. For instance,
- MANN+HUMMEL announced that the new MANN-FILTER C 24 005 air filter offers a new filter medium made from recycled synthetic fibers. The air filter achieves excellent filtration thanks to the multi-layer MICROGRADE A-S medium and removes at least 99.5 percent of dirt particles in the range from 0.001 - 0.352 millimeters.
- Donaldson Company opens air filter manufacturing plant in Jesus Maria, Mexico. The company invested USD 26 million, the plant has an output capacity of 20 million filters per year is expected once the plant becomes fully operational which will be supplied to companies including Caterpillar, John Deere, CNH, Volvo, Daimler, Nissan, Volkswagen, Chrysler, General Motors, Navistar, Kenworth.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Drivers
- 4.2 Market Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Type
- 5.1.1 Air Intake Filters
- 5.1.2 Cabin Air Filters
- 5.2 By Vehicle Type
- 5.2.1 Passenger Vehicles
- 5.2.2 Commercial Vehicle
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Rest of the World
- 188.8.131.52 South America
- 184.108.40.206 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Vendor Market Share**
- 6.2 Company Profiles
- 6.2.1 ACDelco Corporation
- 6.2.2 Alco Filters
- 6.2.3 Ashley Filters
- 6.2.4 Cummins Inc.
- 6.2.5 Denso Corporation
- 6.2.6 Donaldson Filtration Solutions
- 6.2.7 MAHLE GmbH
- 6.2.8 Mann + Hummel Group
- 6.2.9 Sogefi Group
- 6.2.10 Spectrum Filtration
- 6.2.11 Ahlstrom Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS