Product Code: 50376
The wooden decking market is projected to register a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
The impact of COVID-19 on the construction and buildings is adversely affecting the wooden decking market. In 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, most of the construction and infrastructure projects were shut down for a specified period. Due to this, the demand for wooden decking was reduced drastically. The latest detection of COVID-19 variant 'Omicron' in late 2021 and its increasing cases globally are major concerns worldwide, which might affect the construction activities and the wooden decking market in the near future.
- Over the long term, the major factors driving the market studied are an increase in remodeling and refurbishment activities and the demand for housing and lavish infrastructure in developed nations.
- Replacement by composite decking is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Wood modification for enhanced properties is likely to act as an opportunity during the forecast period.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to register the highest growth rate in the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Residential Sector to Dominate the Market
- Wooden decking is used in the residential sector, both for new construction and repair and refurbishment in buildings. It is used for a wide variety of purposes, such as cladding and siding, pathways, swimming pool decks, flooring, etc., in residential construction. The increasing demand for residential projects worldwide is expected to drive the wooden decking market over the forecast period.
- Globally, there has been a significant undersupply to meet the demand for housing. This presented a major opportunity for investors and developers to embrace the alternative methods of construction and new partnerships in order to bring forward development.
- The construction sector in the Asia-Pacific region is the largest in the world and is increasing at a healthy rate, owing to the rising population, increase in middle-class income, and urbanization.
- Furthermore, India is likely to witness an investment of around USD 1.3 trillion in housing, over the next six years, during which it is likely to witness the construction of 60 million new homes. The rate of availability of affordable housing is expected to rise by around 70%, in 2024. The Indian government's 'Housing for All by 2022' is also a major game-changer for the industry. This initiative aims to build more than 20 million affordable homes for the urban poor by 2022. This will provide a significant boost to housing construction.
- Demographics in the country are expected to continue to spur the growth in residential construction. Rising household income levels combined with population migrating from rural to urban areas are expected to continue to drive demand for the residential construction sector in the country.
- In 2020, Singapore has awarded 2680.2 contracts in private residential sector and 2901.6 contracts in public residential sector, and a total of 5581.7 contracts were awarded in 2020 compared to the 8570.2 in 2019, according to government of Singapore.
- Besides, in the past few years, Vietnam has emerged as an attractive destination for residential tourists and migrants, which has led to increased demand for housing units in the country. This has led to the increased requirement of bigger residential complexes in the country, thus driving residential construction in Vietnam has emerged as an attractive destination for residential tourists and migrants, which has led to the increased demand for housing units in the country.
- Similarly, the United Arab Emirates has an exceptionally well-connected residential Plaza under construction in the heart of Dubai's new growth corridor, Al Furjan. Azizi Developments have been engaged in the development of the plaza, which includes - 16 luxurious penthouses, 46 one-bedroom units, 86 two-bedroom residences, 286 studios.
- While all such planned investments and projects have been delayed due to the adverse effect of COVID-19. The market is expected to recover with the resumed construction activities, which is anticipated to drive the demand for wooden decking during the forecast timeline.
North America to Dominate the Market
- North America is one of the largest economies, with the United States and Canada in the leading positions.
- The United States is the world's largest and most powerful economy. The US construction industry is expected to increase, driven by the growth in the residential sector.
- Residential construction for single families has witnessed a growth in the states of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Washington, Utah, Tennessee, Ohio, California, Idaho, and South Carolina. Geographically, the country's southern region is expected to have the highest growth, followed by the West, the Midwest, and the Northeastern regions.
- The United States has one of the world's largest construction industries globally. In November 2021, construction of 1,679,000 residential units started, which is expected to boost the demand for wooden decks in the market during the forecast period. However, residential construction dropped by 0.7% in October 2021 compared to September 2021, which indicates a slight decrease in the demand for new houses in the United States. The construction in the country has been on track to recovery since late 2020 and is estimated to grow during the later part of the forecast period.
- In Canada, the residential and commercial sectors witnessed steady growth in the recent past. The country has some of the largest construction projects, such as Panda Condominium, Harwood Condominium, Power and Adelaide Condominium, and Amazon Distribution Centre/Ottawa.
- As part of the 'Investing in Canada Plan,' the government announced plans to invest nearly USD 140 billion for major infrastructure developments by 2028.
- There has been a boom in constructing skyscrapers in Canada (especially in Toronto). Over 30 high-rise buildings are expected to be completed by 2025, and another 50 such buildings are in the proposal and planning phases in Toronto.
- The growing construction industry in the United States and Canada is projected to propel the North American wooden decking market during the forecast period.
The wooden decking market is partially fragmented in nature. The major companies include Deckorators Inc., United Construction Products Inc. (BISON Innovative Products), DuraLife Decking & Railing Systems, Thermory, and Trex Company Inc., among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increase in Remodeling and Refurbishment Activities
- 4.1.2 Demand for Housing and Lavish Infrastructure in Developed Nations
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Replacement by Composite Decking
- 4.2.2 Impact of the COVID-19 Outbreak
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Redwood
- 5.1.2 Tropical Hardwood
- 5.1.3 Cedar
- 5.1.4 Wood-Plastic Composites (WPC)
- 5.1.5 Other Types
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Railing
- 5.2.2 Floor
- 5.2.3 Wall
- 5.2.4 Other Applications
- 5.3 End User Industry
- 5.3.1 Residential
- 5.3.2 Non-residential
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 South Korea
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 Italy
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 Rest of the World
- 188.8.131.52 South America
- 184.108.40.206 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis** /Ranking Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 The AZEK Company LLC
- 6.4.2 Deckorators Inc.
- 6.4.3 Deck Solutions LLC
- 6.4.4 DuraLife Decking & Railing Systems
- 6.4.5 Fiberon
- 6.4.6 Humboldt Sawmill Company LLC
- 6.4.7 Kebony AS
- 6.4.8 Metsa Wood
- 6.4.9 Thermory
- 6.4.10 Trex Company Inc.
- 6.4.11 United Construction Products Inc. (BISON Innovative Products)
- 6.4.12 Mendocino Forest Products Company LLC
- 6.4.13 NeoTimber
- 6.4.14 Shubh Composites
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Wood Modification for Enhanced Properties