Product Code: 49472
The military rotorcraft market is estimated to register a CAGR of more than 3% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- Several countries around the world have increased their defense spending for strengthening their border security and also for the procurement of advanced weapons and technologies. This may help the growth of the military rotorcraft market in the years to come.
- Recent unrest and political tensions between countries, like India, Pakistan, and China, nuclear weapons testing by North Korea, and the incidents, like the unrest in Syria, have forced the neighboring nations to strengthen their armed forces. In this regard, the procurement of aerial vehicles like the rotorcraft has grown over the years, as the weapons fired aerially can be more effective and lethal and will have a higher range of operation.
- Advancement in aircraft technologies, the necessity for the replacement of aging rotorcraft, and the recent increase in disasters are some of the driving factors for the use of military rotorcraft.
Key Market Trends
Attack helicopter segment to dominate the market
Currently, the attack helicopter segment has the highest market share out of all the segments, due to the procurement of attack helicopters on a large scale around the world. However, the other types segment, which includes rotorcraft used for several purposes, like reconnaissance, training, observation, and maritime purposes, is projected for a high growth rate, due to the increasing usage of the rotorcraft for many support purposes.
North America to have the highest market share
North America, at present, has the highest market share in the military rotorcraft market. The United States has the largest number of military rotorcraft in the world, and it is constantly procuring new military rotorcraft every year in huge quantities. Furthermore, through Foreign Military Sales (FMS), the United States sells its military rotorcraft on a large scale to countries across the world. However, during the forecast period, the revenues from Asia-Pacific are expected to increase with a higher growth rate than North America. The revenues from Asia-Pacific are driven by the high demand from the countries in the region.
Russian Helicopters JSC, Lockheed Martin Corporation, The Boeing Company, Textron Inc., and Leonardo SpA are some of the prominent players in the market. There have been many partnerships in recent times for the production of advanced military rotorcrafts. In December 2018, Sikorsky (Lockheed Martin Corporation) and The Boeing Company unveiled the first look of the "Defiant helicopter", which is one of two designs competing under the US Army's joint multi-role technology demonstrator program. The first flight would be delayed until 2019. The ongoing partnerships are expected to bring new and advanced rotorcraft models into the limelight in the years to come, thereby helping the partner companies to grab new contracts and increase their market share.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Attack helicopters
- 5.1.2 Transport helicopters
- 5.1.3 Multi-mission helicopters
- 5.1.4 Other Types
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 5.2.2 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Italy
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 5.2.3 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 South Korea
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.4 Latin America
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Latin America
- 5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
- 184.108.40.206 United Arab Emirates
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Vendor Market Share
- 6.2 Company Profiles
- 6.2.1 Russian Helicopters JSC
- 6.2.2 Lockheed Martin Corporation
- 6.2.3 The Boeing Company
- 6.2.4 Textron Inc.
- 6.2.5 Airbus SE
- 6.2.6 Leonardo SpA
- 6.2.7 Korea Aerospace Industries Ltd
- 6.2.8 Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation
- 6.2.9 Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd
- 6.2.10 MD HELICOPTERS Inc.
- 6.2.11 Turkish Aerospace Industries Inc.
- 6.2.12 Helibras
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS