Product Code: 54221
The aerosol cans market was valued at USD 10.24 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 12.32 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 3.13% over the forecast period 2020 - 2025. Packaging has the increased its value from just being aesthetics to the value creation to the product for storage, transportation, and ease of use. These cans are mostly made of aluminum or steel and are one of the effective packaging solutions that fit all the features related to execution during storage, transportation, and convenience to the consumer.
- Continuously improving consumer lifestyle is backing the demand from personal care and cosmetic industry. Aerosol cans enable the application in 360 degrees and consume 25% less substance for the relative area coverage.
- Furthermore, the fast adaptation of spray paints in the automotive industry for personalization and maintenance purpose has created numerous opportunities for the growth of the aerosol cans market.
- However, after the ban on chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) in 1978 in the United States, the replacements propellants have achieved a significant reduction but still causes environmental damage. Hence the lack of quality organic aerosol propellants and increasing awareness regarding connections between toxic chemicals and health is expected to restrict the market growth.
Scope of the Report
Owing to the convenience and strength offered by aerosol packaging, aerosol cans have become the standard packaging used in many industries. The scope of the report is restricted to products of different materials offered by various market players for widespread end-users globally.
Key Market Trends
Personal Care to Hold the Largest Market Share
- The rising aging population, coupled with increased disposable income, contribute to the growth of the personal care sector across the world. Skin care and toiletries remain the most important product categories in Europe, followed by hair care and fragrances.
- Aerosol cans production has crossed 8 billion can mark for the second time in a row as there were about 8.14 billion manufactured in 2018 also an improvement on the previous year. According to AEROBAL, that represents 75% global production of aluminium aerosol cans has supplied over 84% of their output to the cosmetics sector.
- Growing consumer's lifestyle and rise in their disposable income are enabling more demand for personal care products, such as shower and shaving foams, sprays and dry shampoos are bolstering market developments. There is an increase in demand for recycled aerosol cans as it reduces the manufacturing cost for the company.
Europe Emerging as a Prominent Market
- Europe, with developed economies, such as Germany and the United Kingdom, is anticipated to record stable growth over the forecast period. Focus on reducing packaging waste is expected to increase the growth of the market for aerosol cans, in Europe. Furthermore, cost-effectiveness and reducing wastage by increasing the shelf life of the product, is also giving a boost to the market.
- Every year AEROBAL organizes World Aluminium Aerosol Can Award to encourage the innovative ideas for aerosol cans. In 2018, it was held in Dusseldorf, Germany. As the demand for the aerosol cans is high in Europe, new players are emerging into the market, and such awards are encouraging them to sustain and innovate their product. The award won by the German aerosol can manufacturer Tubex for Nivea Body Mousse.
- Countries like Spain and Paris have responded positively to the changing trends in fashion and has embraced the aerosol packaging format. The constant gain in personal care segment is majorly due to the consistent increase in the production of hair mousses, deodorants/antiperspirants, and shaving gels, which has shown steady growth over the years.
The aluminium aerosol can market is highly consolidated with the presence of a few major players in the market as the market is price sensitive, hence the sustaining in the market is difficult.
- Jan 2019 - Ball Corporation introduced a new technology by introducing its 360° custom shaped aerosol can at ADF&PCD exhibition in Paris. This provides innovative shapes at every angle of the can which will create customer attraction towards the shelf.
- June 2018 - Ball corporation and platinum equity announced a joint venture to form Ball metal pack. This new company manufactures steel containers for aerosol products. Platinum and Ball corporation own the shares of the joint venture as 51% and 49% respectively.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Growing Demand from the Cosmetic Industry
- 4.2.2 Increasing Adoption in Developing Nations
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Increasing Competition from Substitute Packaging
- 4.4 Value Chain Analysis
- 4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Material
- 5.1.1 Aluminium
- 5.1.2 Steel-Tinplate
- 5.1.3 Other Materials
- 5.2 By End-user Vertical
- 5.2.1 Personal Care
- 5.2.2 Household
- 5.2.3 Automotive
- 5.2.4 Industrial
- 5.2.5 Food
- 5.2.6 Pharmaceutical/Veterinary
- 5.2.7 Insect Control
- 5.2.8 Paints & Varnishes
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Latin America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Ball Corporation
- 6.1.2 Crown Holdings Inc.
- 6.1.3 Nampak Ltd.
- 6.1.4 CCL Container (Hermitage), Inc.
- 6.1.5 Exal Corporation
- 6.1.6 Arminak & Associates LLC
- 6.1.7 Colep Scitra Aerosols
- 6.1.8 Spray Products Corporation
- 6.1.9 Mauser Packaging Solutions
- 6.1.10 DS Containers, Inc.
- 6.1.11 MidasCare Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS