Product Code: 54461
The Smoke Detector Market was valued at USD 1.80 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 2.90 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 8.3% over the forecast period 2020 - 2025. The latest trend of amalgamation with smartphones will drive the smoke detector market in the forecast period.
- A smoke detector is critical for the early detection of a fire in the residential, commercial, as well as the industrial segments throughout the world. In a fire, smoke and deadly gases tend to spread farther and faster than heat, leading to death from inhalation of smoke and toxic gases.
- Siemens AG is working on modern smoke detection where the device can see the flickering flames, feel the heat, smell the smoke in the air, they can detect the popping sounds or other unusual noises. Modern smoke detection systems work somewhat the same way human senses by using a variety of senses.
- The increase in concern about fire safety the guidelines are set by the US Fire Administration (USFA), smoke detectors must be installed inside every bedroom outside each sleeping area and on each level of the home, including the basement and one carbon monoxide detector on each level and in each sleeping area.
- However, there are certain complications in installing the smoke detectors like installing the smoke detectors on a mounting surface that could be considerably cooler or warmer than the room, such as on an exterior wall or ceiling with poor insulation.
Scope of the Report
Smoke detectors are employed to detect smoke in the surrounding environment, in case of a fire emergency the system can trigger alarms and activate safety systems. The systems come in different types depending on the use and environment used. These systems are really important and are being employed in many commercial and residential areas.
Key Market Trends
Residential Applications to Drive the Demand for Smoke Detectors
- With increasing focus on safety across homes, smoke and fire detectors are increasingly being used.
- In the US, according to the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association), with 2,630 home fire deaths accounting for 77% of all civilian fire deaths, fire-safety initiatives targeted at the home remain the key to any reductions in the overall fire death toll.
- Moreover, fire system installations in the country increased in 2018 for the fourth time since 2012 with a 6% gain. Also, the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) forecast a 10% growth in single-family construction in 2018.
- Moreover, the United Kingdom has also witnessed an increase in fire services over the past few years. Further, with the expansion of smart homes trend across the world, the demand for smoke and fire detectors has hiked. Thus, the installation of smoke detectors in the residential segment is expected to grow further.
North America Accounts for a Significant Market Share
- North America, with an average of 3,000 US citizens dying each year, due to fire accidents and almost two-thirds of home fire deaths occurring in homes without smoke detectors, has a prospect of installing smoke detectors throughout the region is growing.
- In addition to that, firefighters pay a high price for the terrible fire record as well. Roughly 100 firefighters die each year in the line of duty. Direct property losses due to fire reached almost USD 23 billion in 2017. Most of these losses and deaths can be prevented if strict measures are taken concerning home safety.
- As an entity of the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency, the US Fire Administration (USFA) is dedicated in the prevention, preparedness, and response by providing national leadership to local fire and emergency services. They have laid out foundations and regulations for installing smoke detectors in new and existing homes throughout the United States.
The market for smoke detectors is fragmented because of the higher competition between the players and therefore, the market concentration is low.
- January 2018 - Siemens building technologies division introduced a smoke sensor which can be utilized in buildings, rounding out its product offering for a healthy indoor climate. The sensor can be used to monitor smoke pollution and detection and is easy to integrate into building management systems.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Increasing Concerns for Fire Safety
- 4.3.2 Implementation of Residential Safety Standards
- 4.3.3 Technological Advancements and Innovations in Sensor Technology
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 High Cost of Replacement of Traditional Smoke Detectors with Smart Smoke Detectors
- 4.4.2 Complications Regarding Installation of Smoke Detectors
- 4.5 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Technology Type
- 5.1.1 Ionization Smoke Detection Device
- 5.1.2 Photoelectric Smoke Detection Device
- 5.1.3 Duct Smoke Detection Devices
- 5.1.4 Beam Smoke Detection Device
- 5.2 By End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Commercial
- 5.2.2 Residential
- 5.2.3 Transportation & Logistics
- 5.2.4 Oil & Gas
- 5.2.5 Other End user Industries
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Latin America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Schneider Electric
- 6.1.2 Johnson Controls
- 6.1.3 Siemens AG
- 6.1.4 Honeywell International
- 6.1.5 Hitachi
- 6.1.6 Hochiki Corporation
- 6.1.7 Kidde Fire Safety
- 6.1.8 Tyco
- 6.1.9 Gentex Corporation
- 6.1.10 Mircom Group
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS