Product Code: 52939
The Digital Logistic Market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.89% during the forecast period 2020 - 2025. Growth is driven owing to increasing adoption of advanced technologies in the logistics sector. Moreover, these digital solutions are helping the logistic companies in reducing incurred costs.
- Convergence of logistics and technology, along with cloud-based collaborative solutions that extend through the entire supply chain, tight integration of warehouse, transport, and end consumer information, and transparency through the supply chain are driving the growth of the market studied.
- In 2019, the Indian Government has focused highlights on AI, IoT and Big Data to transform the supply chain and logistics industry in the country by investing INR 100 crore into the sector which is driving the demand for digital logistics market in the country.
- The technological advancement in the digital market and rising cloud adoption are expected to fuel the demand for digital logistic solutions. For instance, in January 2020, Cargocast launched new digital cargo platform that is enabling hands free visibility and automated warehouse operations by leveraging RFID technology.
- With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, many industries have faced significant supply chain and logistic disruption owing to lockdown imposed by various government. To meet those essential deliveries companies are transforming their existing supply chain capabilities with digital logistics platform. According to Logistics News, digital supply chains using artificial intelligence and enabling digital payments are the solution to deal with emergencies such as Covid-19 pandemic.
Key Market Trends
Emergence of Digital Technology in Logistics Sector.
- The technological advancement in the digital market and rising cloud adoption are expected to fuel the demand for digital logistic solutions. For instance, in October 2018, Oracle, launched Oracle Blockchain Applications Cloud, a suite of services to enhance transparency in the supply chain. It is expected to help in tracking products in the supply chain on a distributed ledger, boosting the reliability of business transactions while accelerating the delivery process.
- The increasing demand for fleet and warehouse management systems is expected to augment the need for digital solutions in the logistics sector.
- Advancements in the sensors and IoT analytics market are expected to attract logistics vendors, to invest in digital solutions. The global IoT transportation and logistics spending are expected to cross USD 38.9 billion by 2020.
Latin America Has Significant Share In The Market.
- The Latin America region is expected to grow over the forecast period; however, the growth in the past has been slower in the region as compared to other regions in the world and is projected to show similar trend in early forecast period. Several technological advancements such as IoT, AI, and Cloud amongst others have arrived late in the region as compared to the adoption rate of these technological advancements in other regions.
- According to a study by GSMA, the number of IoT connections in Latin America amounted to 526 million in 2018 and is expected to grow to 1,300 million by 2025. This depicts a strong growth rate in the number of connections in the region. Hence, these trends are expected to boost the adoption of mobile devices in the region.
- Maersk projected that, the Brazilian trade were expected to grow faster in 2019 that the previous year 2018, mainly driven by the SMEs in the country. According to the company, the SME landscape in Brazil accounts for over 56 million employees and is responsible for over 20% of the country's GNP.
The Digital Logistics Market is fragmented due to the presence of a large number of players which cater to various types of organizations such as SMEs to Large Enterprises. Some key players in the market are IBM Corporation, Advantech Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., among others. Some key developments in the market are:
- December 2019 - Oracle Corporation continued expansion of its cloud interoperability partnership with Microsoft, in order to help joint customers across the world run their mission-critical workloads across Oracle Cloud and Microsoft Azure. The new interconnect location means enterprises can build workloads that seamlessly interoperate between Microsoft and Oracle cloud regions in Canada.
- November 2019 - Oracle announced that it is expanding its Chicago Innovation Lab, empowering more organizations to explore new technologies and strategies to bolster their digital transformation efforts. Since its successful launch in the last year, the Lab helped construction organizations explore and test solutions from Oracle and the larger construction ecosystem in a simulated worksite environment. Currently, Oracle is planning for an extended facility, while broadening the scope of the newly named Oracle Industries Innovation Lab.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.2.5 Threat of Substitute Products
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.1 Market Drivers
- 5.1.1 Emergence Of Digital Technology
- 5.1.2 Growth In E-Commerce Industry And Emergence Of Multichannel Distribution Networks
- 5.1.3 Growing Adoption Of Cloud Based Applications
- 5.2 Market Restraints
- 5.2.1 Lack of ICT Infrastructure and Data Security Concerns
- 5.3 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 6.1 Type
- 6.1.1 Inventory Management
- 6.1.2 Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- 6.1.3 Fleet Management
- 6.1.4 Other Types
- 6.2 End-user Vertical
- 6.2.1 Automotive
- 6.2.2 Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences
- 6.2.3 Retail
- 6.2.4 Food and Beverage
- 6.2.5 Oil and Gas
- 6.2.6 Other End-user Verticals
- 6.3 Geography
- 6.3.1 North America
- 6.3.2 Europe
- 6.3.3 Asia Pacific
- 6.3.4 Latin America
- 6.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 7.1 Company Profiles
- 7.1.1 IBM Corporation
- 7.1.2 Advantech Corporation
- 7.1.3 Oracle Corporation
- 7.1.4 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
- 7.1.5 DigiLogistics Technology Ltd
- 7.1.6 Hexaware Technologies Limited
- 7.1.7 Tech Mahindra Limited
- 7.1.8 JDA Software Pvt Ltd
- 7.1.9 UTI Worldwide Inc.(DSV Group)
- 7.1.10 SAP SE
- 7.1.11 Manhattan Associates Inc.
- 7.1.12 HighJump Software Inc.
- 7.1.13 Vinculum Group
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OF THE MARKET