Product Code: 46825
The market for cone crushers is expected to witness a CAGR of 6.55% during the forecast year (2019-2024). Advantages like low transportation costs, rapid urbanization and increasing mining activity in developing countries are some of the factors driving the cone crushers market.
- Cone crushers are an emerging form of crushers mostly deployed in secondary crushing process with moderate to high growth potential. The key parameters, that impact the selection of cone crushers include characteristics of the ore/site, the topography of the location, capital costs, life of mine/expansion site, and performance requirements.
- The innovative use and applications of special systems such as the spring release system present in cone crushers, which act as a protective shield in case of material overload and prevent any damage to the machine have been incorporated as a norm and are now present in almost all such equipment.
- Miners across the globe are required to develop more energy and cost efficient technologies for processing minerals. The needs rise especially when the ore grades are declining at current operational mines worldwide. As more ore needs to be processed to meet production targets, the need for processing equipment such as stone crushers is significant, which is driving the market forward.
Scope of the Report
A cone crusher is a type of secondary crusher which takes medium grained feed from a primary crusher and then further crushes the feed to a finer level as per the requirement. Modern cone crushers that use hydraulic hold-down clamping technology are enabling industries to crush down more capacity, with much more power.
Key Market Trends
Mining Sector to Witness Highest Growth
- Cone crushers are widely used in the mining industry for processing quarried materials and heavy mining substances. With the additional advantage of transportation to the required location and maneuvering the equipment within the site, the cone crusher's demand is expected to rise.
- Cone crushers are also being adopted on a large scale in the mining sector because they eliminate the usage of large conveyor belts, truck haulage, and road construction, thus saving the costs to a large extent.
- Though the global outlook for the mining sector remains largely mixed owing to the fluctuations in metal & oil prices, but this market is expected to grow rapidly owing to the increased construction activities in developing countries.
- As mineral production is increasing year on year, for instance, the increasing production of lithium is evidence of the positive growth of the cone crushers market.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Witness the Highest Growth
- As the Asia Pacific region is a major developing region, mining and construction industry are expected to grow rapidly in this region. The increased manufacturing units and rising industrialization, also with the higher transportation costs in the countries, such as China, India, and Japan, are boosting the growth of cone crushers market.
- The construction industry of China is growing at a rapid rate and is expected to add USD 2.1 trillion to global construction output by 2030. The country's "one belt, one road" project is driving the co-operation and trade with its neighboring countries, and thus, attracting massive investments in the construction sector, which is expected to drive the market growth.
- India is also one of the fastest growing construction markets in this region and is expected to spend around USD 13 trillion in the construction industry by 2030. The country's rapidly expanding population is generating significant housing projects demand due to the increase in disposable income and urbanization. The focus on improving infrastructure to boost the economic position is also adding to the market opportunity in the region.
The cone crushers market is highly competitive owing to the presence of large players running their business in national as well as international boundaries. The market appears to be highly concentrated and the key strategies adopted by the major players are equipment innovation and mergers and acquisition. Some of the key players in the market are Terex Corporation, Metso Corporation, ThyssenKrupp AG among others. As the investment from, the end-users are higher the business strategize in providing after-sales support to maintain and improve their customer base.
- July 2018 - Metso Corporation announced the acquisition of P.J. Jonsson och Soner, a prominent mobile crushing and screening solution provider in Sweden. With this acquisition, the company expects to expand the breadth and availability of product and service offerings for the Nordic market.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Increased Demand in Mining Sector in Emerging Market
- 4.3.2 Growth of Construction Industry
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 Carbon Emission, Noise and Pollution
- 4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Type
- 5.1.1 Compound
- 5.1.2 Hydraulics
- 5.1.3 Gyratory
- 5.1.4 Other Type
- 5.2 By Power Source
- 5.2.1 Electric Connection
- 5.2.2 Diesel Connection
- 5.2.3 Dual Connection
- 5.3 By End-user Application
- 5.3.1 Mining & Metallurgy
- 5.3.2 Construction
- 5.3.3 Aggregate Processing
- 5.3.4 Demolition
- 5.3.5 Other End-user Applications
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 Latin America
- 18.104.22.168 Brazil
- 22.214.171.124 Argentina
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Latin America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
- 184.108.40.206 UAE
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Terex Corporation
- 6.1.2 Metso Corporation
- 6.1.3 McCloskey Equipment
- 6.1.4 WESTPRO Machinery Inc.
- 6.1.5 Telsmith Inc.
- 6.1.6 SANDVIK AB
- 6.1.7 Puzzolana Machinery Fabricators LLP
- 6.1.8 Shanghai SCM Mining and Construction Machinery Co. Ltd
- 6.1.9 FLSmidth & Co. A/S
- 6.1.10 Thyssenkrupp AG
- 6.1.11 Tesab Engineering Ltd.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS