Product Code: 52242
The Total Lab Automation market was valued at USD 1027.5 million in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 1554.94 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 6% over the forecast period 2020 - 2025. Total Laboratory Automation system performs laboratory testing throughout the system in a timely and cost-effective fashion.
- Increasing demand for higher accuracy in the results of the testing done in the laboratories is one of the important factors augmenting the adoption of automation in the laboratories. This is expected to boost the total lab automation market over the forecast period. For instance, in December 2018, The Indus Hospital (TIH) installed a new Total Lab Automation (TLA) system supplied by Abbott Diagnostics in the Korangi Campus. Installed with the support of Martin Dow Group, TLA has helped the hospital in building the laboratory and associated facilities.
- Some of the prominent players in the market are entering into strategic partnerships which have allowed them to further the technology thereby fueling the demand for the TLA over the forecast period. For instance, in October 2018, Inpeco S.A., the privately held leader in total laboratory automation (TLA) solutions entered into a partnership with Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. o Connect Total Lab Automation Solution and Smart HPLC Technology.
- However, the high initial investment coupled with the rigidity shown by the small and medium laboratories to go for automation is some of the factors that hinder the growth of TLA throughout the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
Total Laboratory Automation (TLA) represents an automation system which is used for the performance of highly repetitive tasks conducted in the library. The report also includes the equipment as well as software segments that are offered in the market as a standalone solutions. This report segments the market by Type, Application, and Geography.
Key Market Trends
Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Expected to Have Largest Market Share
- A Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) also allows the user to automate workflows, integrate instruments, produce reliable results quickly, and helps in improving efficiency by tracking data from sequencing that runs over time and across experiments.
- The advances in the fields of genomics that deals with molecular biology concerned with the structure, function, evolution, and mapping of genomes generate an unprecedented amount of data making it imperative for the laboratories to look for the solutions that cater to such needs. This is expected to boost the LIMS market over the forecast period.
- Some of the prominent players in the market through continuous research and development are bringing out new systems in the market thereby fueling the growth for the LIMS market over the forecast period.
- For instance, in October 2018, Abbott announced the launch of two web-based laboratory information management systems such as STARLIMS Life Sciences Solution CL 11.0 and STARLIMS Quality Manufacturing Solution QM 11.1 to enable laboratories to make data management simpler, better integrated, and more user-friendly.
North America is Expected to Enjoy the Largest Share
- With the increased spending on health care services has led to an increase in research and development activities which involve clinical trials where automation becomes imperative to get error-free results achieving greater accuracy. This is expected to boost the lab automation market over the forecast period.
- For instance, according to the clinical trials.gov as of the start of the year, 293,359 studies were registered with the site.
- The region has regulatory bodies such as The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) that regulates and monitors all laboratory testing performed on humans in the United States through the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) that covers 260,000 laboratory entities. This represents a potential opportunity for the lab automation providers which could boost the growth for the market over the forecast period.
- Some of the prominent players in the region are entering into strategic partnership mergers & acquisitions and strategic partnerships, in order to further the technology used for automation, in turn fueling the demand for the lab automation throughout the forecast period.
- For instance, in January 2019, Shimadzu Medical Systems USA, announced the acquisition of ORE Medical Imaging, Inc.
The total lab automation market offers strong competition to the operating players owing to the presence of some key players in the market such as Siemens AG, Honeywell, Schimadzu amongst others. Their ability to innovate their offerings has allowed the players to gain a competitive advantage over their competitors. Thro0ugh research and development activities, strategic partnerships and mergers & acquisitions these players are able to gain a strong foothold in the market.
- February 2019 - ERBA Diagnostics Mannheim GmbH (Mannheim, Germany) launched New Hematology Analyzers at MedLab Middle East, an international platform for laboratory management.
- July 2017 - Thermo Fisher Scientific announced two innovative technologies such as ISQ EC Single Quadrupole mass spectrometer and MAbPac RP 1mm columns. These technologies are further expected to increase analytical analysis.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
- 4.3 Market Drivers
- 4.3.1 Higher Accuracy Through Automation
- 4.3.2 Process miniaturisation
- 4.3.3 Increasing Demand for New Drug Discovery Through Automation
- 4.4 Market Restraints
- 4.4.1 High Initial Investment
- 4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Type
- 5.1.1 Equipment
- 188.8.131.52 Automated Liquid Handlers
- 184.108.40.206 Automated Plate Handlers
- 220.127.116.11 Robotic Arms
- 18.104.22.168 Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems (ASRS)
- 5.1.2 Software
- 22.214.171.124 Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- 126.96.36.199 Laboratory Information System (LIS)
- 188.8.131.52 Chromatography Data System (CDS)
- 184.108.40.206 Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN)
- 220.127.116.11 Scientific Data Management System (SDMS)
- 5.2 By Application
- 5.2.1 Drug Discovery
- 5.2.2 Genomics
- 5.2.3 Protein Engineering
- 5.2.4 Bio-analysis
- 5.2.5 Analytical Chemistry
- 5.2.6 Clinical Diagnostics
- 5.2.7 Proteomics
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 18.104.22.168 US
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 UK
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Siemens AG
- 6.1.2 Tecan Trading AG
- 6.1.3 Thermofisher Scientific, Inc
- 6.1.4 Danaher Corporation
- 6.1.5 Abbott Laboratories
- 6.1.6 Hamilton Company
- 6.1.7 Schimadzu Corporation
- 6.1.8 Roche Ltd.
- 6.1.9 Agillent Technologies Inc.
- 6.1.10 Honeywell International Inc
- 6.1.11 Qiagen Inc.
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS