Product Code: 51124
The super abrasives market is expected to witness significant growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 9% over the forecast period. The major factors driving the market are CNC machines replacing old technologies and conventional abrasives substituted by super abrasives.
- Based on the end-user industry, the electronics segment dominated the market, followed by automotive and aerospace.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market, holding a share of almost 50%. This is primarily due to the rising demand from the electronics and automotive industries.
- The diamond segment dominated the market, holding a share of almost 70%.
Key Market Trends
Electronics Industry to Dominate the Market
- Super abrasives find various applications in the electronics industry. This is because of the type of materials that the super abrasive tools are capable of processing. The tools can be used to process semiconductor materials, ceramics, carbide alloys, copper and copper alloys, aluminum, resin, and rubber, all of which are majorly used in electronic component manufacturing.
- Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) are the key elements for many electronic devices, like desktop computers and home theater systems, among others. Super abrasive grinding tools are largely used for the creation of PCB's in the electronics industry.
- Super abrasives in the electronics industry provide consistent slicing performance, uniform diamond counts, uniform wire diameter, and even diamond distribution, and no diamond clustering.
- Asia-Pacific and European regions are expected to be the key driving regions for the consumption of super abrasives during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- The Asia-Pacific region dominated the super abrasives market. Owing to the demand for electronics in countries, such as China, India, and Japan, the demand for super abrasives in the manufacturing processes is also increasing in the region.
- China has the world's largest electronics production base. Electronic products, such as smartphones, OLED TVs, tablets, wires, and cables, recorded the highest growth in the electronics segment. The country not only serves the domestic demand for electronics but also exports electronic output to other countries.
- In India, the consumer durables, like electronics appliances, have witnessed a tremendous increase in the production and sales, owing to the growing middle-class income, rapid urbanization, and change in lifestyle of the working class. Government initiatives have supported the expansion of consumer electronics production.
- Many global manufacturers have expanded their production facilities in the country, and many manufacturing projects are underway in the next 10 years.
- Such aforementioned factors, in turn, are expected to boost the market studied during the forecast period.
The super abrasives market is fragmented in nature, with top four players accounting for about 40% of the market. These include Asahi Diamond Industrial Co. Ltd, Saint-Gobain Abrasives Inc., 3M, and Noritake Co. Limited, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 CNC Machines Replacing Old Technologies
- 4.1.2 Conventional Abrasives Substituted by Super Abrasives
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 High Initial Investment due to High Cost of Abrasives
- 4.2.2 Advanced Technological Requirements
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Material Type
- 5.1.1 Diamond
- 22.214.171.124 Vitrified Diamond
- 126.96.36.199 Electroplated Diamond
- 188.8.131.52 Resin Bond Diamond
- 184.108.40.206 Metal Diamond
- 5.1.2 Cubic Boron Nitride (CBN)
- 220.127.116.11 Vitrified CBN
- 18.104.22.168 Electroplated CBN
- 22.214.171.124 Resin Bond CBN
- 126.96.36.199 Metal CBN
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Powertrain
- 5.2.2 Bearing
- 5.2.3 Gear
- 5.2.4 Tool Grinding
- 5.2.5 Turbine
- 5.2.6 Other Applications
- 5.3 End-user Industry
- 5.3.1 Aerospace
- 5.3.2 Automotive
- 5.3.3 Medical
- 5.3.4 Electronics
- 5.3.5 Oil and Gas
- 5.3.6 Other End-user Industries
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 NORDIC Countries
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 Rest of the World
- 18.104.22.168 Brazil
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 United Arab Emirates
- 188.8.131.52 Others
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M
- 6.4.2 Action SuperAbrasive
- 6.4.3 Asahi Diamond Industrial Co. Ltd
- 6.4.4 Carborundum Universal Ltd
- 6.4.5 Guangdong Chanway Industrial Co. Ltd
- 6.4.6 Diamant Gesellschaft Tesch GmbH
- 6.4.7 Diametal AG
- 6.4.8 Dr.Kaiser
- 6.4.9 Eagles Superabrasives
- 6.4.10 Gunter Effgen GmbH
- 6.4.11 Ehwa Diamond Industrial Co. Ltd
- 6.4.12 Zhuhai Elephant Abrasives Co. Ltd
- 6.4.13 Finzler, Schrock & Kimmel GmbH
- 6.4.14 Heger GmbH Excellent Diamond Tools
- 6.4.15 Zhengzhou Hongtuo Superabrasive Products Co. Ltd
- 6.4.16 Husqvarna AB
- 6.4.17 Klingspor
- 6.4.18 Krebs & RiedelSchleifscheibenfabrik GmbH & Co.
- 6.4.19 KURE GRINDING WHEEL
- 6.4.20 Mirka Ltd
- 6.4.21 Noritake
- 6.4.22 Saint-Gobain Abrasives (Saint Gobain) 9.23 Sak Industries Private Limited
- 6.4.23 Hyperion Materials & Technologies
- 6.4.24 Shanghai Z&Y Industrial Diamond Co. Ltd
- 6.4.25 Sia Abrasives Industries AG
- 6.4.26 SlipNaxos Chile SA
- 6.4.27 Jiangsu Subei Grinding Wheel Factory Co. Ltd
- 6.4.28 Super Abrasives Inc.
- 6.4.29 Zische Schleifwerzeuge GmbH
- 6.4.30 Toyoda Van Moppes Ltd
- 6.4.31 Tyrolit
- 6.4.32 VSM AG
- 6.4.33 White Dove Company Limited
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS