Product Code: 53675
The thermal spray market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 6% during the forecast period. One of the major drivers of the thermal spray market identified in the report is the rising demand from the aerospace and medical devices industries, increasing usage of thermal spray ceramic coatings, and replacement of hard chrome coatings by thermal spray coatings. However, with the development and emergence of hard trivalent chrome coatings in recent years, the overall demand for the thermal spray is expected to be hindered.
- The aerospace end-use industry dominated the market, and it is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period, owing to the increasing investment in the global aerospace industry.
- Recently, several new methods have been developed to recycle thermal spray processing materials. This is likely to act as an opportunity for the market, in the future.
- North America dominated the thermal spray market across the world, owing to the high demand from the various end-user industries.
Key Market Trends
The Aerospace End-user Industry is Expected to Witness the Highest Market Share
In the aerospace sector, thermal spray coatings are extensively used as protective coatings to protect aircraft components and repair the old ones. They are used in the protection of engine turbine blades and actuation systems to provide high thermal resistance and longevity.
Thermal sprays are largely employed for several purposes in jet engine components, such as crankshafts, piston rings, cylinders, valves, and so on. In addition to these, they are also applied in the coating of landing gear (bearings and axles inside the landing gear) to withstand the forces during landing and take-off.
A variety of degradation problems exist in aircraft engines, due to metal to metal wear, hot corrosion, fretting, particle erosion, and many more. This degradation is accelerated when high-temperature is involved. Thermal spray coatings impart the required surface conditions that are required to increase the service life of the engine components.
Thermal spray coatings, such as zirconium oxide, aluminum bronze, and cobalt-molybdenum are used for coating purposes in rocket combustion chambers, compressor air seals, and high-pressure nozzles, respectively.
In addition, coatings of chromium cobalt, aluminum oxide, and chromium carbide are employed in turbine air seals, fuel nozzles, and turbine vanes, respectively. High-velocity oxy-fuel (HVOF) spray and plasma spray processes are the majorly used processes in this sector.
Such, the aforementioned factors are expected to support the consumption of thermal spray used in the aerospace industry during the forecast period.
North American Region is Expected to Dominate the Market
- The North American region dominated the market share. The United States is the second-largest producer of automotive in the world.
- The US aerospace industry is also thriving, owing to the strong exports of aerospace components to countries, such as France, China, and Germany, along with robust consumer spending in the United States.
- The manufacturing industry of Canada is also expected to thrive during the forecast period, owing to the increasing business investment, government expenditure, and consumer spending.
- The aerospace industry of Canada is also witnessing strong growth. The country is the third-largest in terms of civil aircraft production, along with being second in business aircraft production and third in helicopter production, around the world.
- Owing to the rise of these end-user industries in the United States and Canada, North America is projected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
The global thermal spray market is very fragmented, with the top 4 players accounting for not more than 25% of the total market share. The major players present in the market include Oerlikon, Linde (Praxair Technology Inc.), Chromalloy Gas Turbine LLC, Hoganas AB, Kennametal Inc., HC Starck GmbH, Bodycote PLC, and the Fisher Barton Group, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Rising Use of Thermal Spray Coatings in the Aerospace Industry
- 4.1.2 Increasing Usage of Thermal Spray Coatings in Medical Devices
- 4.1.3 Rising Popularity of Thermal Spray Ceramic Coatings
- 4.1.4 Replacement of Hard Chrome Coating
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Emergence of Hard Trivalent Chrome Coatings
- 4.2.2 Issues Regarding Process Reliability and Consistency
- 4.2.3 Decreasing Automotive Production
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product Type
- 5.1.1 Coatings
- 5.1.2 Material
- 126.96.36.199 Coating Material
- 188.8.131.52.1 Powders
- 184.108.40.206.1.1 Ceramics
- 220.127.116.11.1.2 Metal
- 18.104.22.168.1.3 Polymer and Others
- 22.214.171.124.2 Wire/Rod
- 126.96.36.199.3 Others (Liquid)
- 188.8.131.52 Supplementary Material (Auxiliary Material)
- 5.1.3 Thermal Spray Equipment
- 184.108.40.206 Thermal Spray Coating System
- 220.127.116.11 Dust Collection Equipment
- 18.104.22.168 Spray Gun & Nozzle
- 22.214.171.124 Feeder Equipment
- 126.96.36.199 Spare Parts
- 188.8.131.52 Noise-reducing Enclosure
- 184.108.40.206 Others
- 5.2 Thermal Spray Coatings & Finishes
- 5.2.1 Combustion
- 5.2.2 Electric Energy
- 5.3 End-User Industry
- 5.3.1 Aerospace
- 5.3.2 Industrial Gas Turbines
- 5.3.3 Automotive
- 5.3.4 Electronics
- 5.3.5 Oil & Gas
- 5.3.6 Medical Devices
- 5.3.7 Energy & Power
- 5.3.8 Others
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 ASEAN Countries
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of the North America
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 Italy
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of the Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Argentina
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
- 18.104.22.168 United Arab Emirates
- 22.214.171.124 South Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa (MEA)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Thermal Spray Material Companies
- 188.8.131.52 5iTECH (AlSher APM LLC)
- 184.108.40.206 Ametek Inc.
- 220.127.116.11 Ardleigh Minerals Incorporated
- 18.104.22.168 Bay State Surface Technologies Inc. (Aimtek)
- 22.214.171.124 C&M Technologies GmbH
- 126.96.36.199 Castolin Eutectic
- 188.8.131.52 Carpenter Powder Products (CRS Holdings Inc.)
- 184.108.40.206 Fujimi Incorporated
- 220.127.116.11 Thermion
- 18.104.22.168 Global Tungsten & Powders Corp.
- 22.214.171.124 HC Starck GmbH
- 126.96.36.199 HAI Inc.
- 188.8.131.52 Hoganas AB
- 184.108.40.206 Hunter Chemical LLC
- 220.127.116.11 Kennametal Inc.
- 18.104.22.168 LSN Diffusion Limited
- 22.214.171.124 Metallisation Limited
- 126.96.36.199 Metallizing Equipment Co. Pvt. Ltd
- 188.8.131.52 OC Oerlikon Management AG
- 184.108.40.206 Plasma Powders & Systems Inc.
- 220.127.116.11 Polymet Corporation
- 18.104.22.168 Powder Alloy Corporation
- 22.214.171.124 The Fisher Barton Group (Lineage Alloys)
- 126.96.36.199 Linde
- 188.8.131.52 Saint-Gobain SA
- 184.108.40.206 Sandvik AB
- 220.127.116.11 Centerline Holdings Inc. (Supersonic Spray Technologies)
- 6.4.2 Thermal Spray Coatings Companies
- 18.104.22.168 APS Materials Inc.
- 22.214.171.124 ASB Industries Inc.
- 126.96.36.199 Bodycote PLC
- 188.8.131.52 Chromalloy Gas Turbine LLC
- 184.108.40.206 FW Gartner Thermal Spraying (Curtis-Wright)
- 220.127.116.11 TOCALO Co. Ltd
- 18.104.22.168 Eurocoating SpA
- 22.214.171.124 The Fisher Barton Group (Thermal Spray Technologies)
- 126.96.36.199 Thermion
- 188.8.131.52 FM Industries Inc.
- 6.4.3 Thermal Spray Equipment Companies
- 184.108.40.206 Air Products & Chemicals Inc.
- 220.127.116.11 Artec SpA
- 18.104.22.168 Arzell Inc.
- 22.214.171.124 ASB Industries Inc.
- 126.96.36.199 Bay State Surface Technologies Inc. (Aimtek)
- 188.8.131.52 Camfil Air Pollution Control
- 184.108.40.206 Castolin Eutectic
- 220.127.116.11 Donaldson Company Inc.
- 18.104.22.168 Flame Spray Technologies BV
- 22.214.171.124 Thermion
- 126.96.36.199 GTV Verschleibschutz GmbH
- 188.8.131.52 HAI Inc.
- 184.108.40.206 Imperial Systems Inc.
- 220.127.116.11 Kennametal Inc.
- 18.104.22.168 Linde
- 22.214.171.124 CenterLine Holdings Inc. (Supersonic Spray Technologies)
- 126.96.36.199 Metallisation Ltd
- 188.8.131.52 Metallizing Equipment Co. Pvt. Ltd
- 184.108.40.206 OC Oerlikon Management AG
- 220.127.116.11 Plasma Powders & Systems Inc.
- 18.104.22.168 Powder Feed Dynamics Inc.
- 22.214.171.124 Progressive Surface
- 126.96.36.199 Saint-Gobain SA
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Growing Applications in the Oil and Gas Industry
- 7.2 Advancements in Spraying Technology (Cold Spray Process)
- 7.3 Recycling of Thermal Spray Processing Materials