Product Code: 50272
The market for consumer appliance coatings is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are the growing home-appliance industry, and increased awareness of eco-friendly products.
- Technological advancements are likely to act as an opportunity.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption in a country such as India, China, etc.
Key Market Trends
Epoxy Polyesters (PE) Coatings Dominates the Market
- Polyesters are used for both internal and exterior products, but the exact specification is tailored to the particular application.
- PE coatings are the basis of most internal applications of pre-painted metal. Often the coatings can be the same as the basic exterior polyesters, but many variations are used.
- Several indoor applications are subject to greater scrutiny than exterior applications, therefore, high-quality aesthetics are important, and are often coupled with good formability, for forming into specific parts, and a high degree of scratch resistance
- All of these properties can be available in polyester coatings, which are used in highly decorative applications, such as the front panels of electronic appliances, and functional applications, such as ducting, thereby, propelling the demand for epoxy-polyester coatings.
- The aforementioned factors are likely to increase the demand for the consumer appliance coatings market over the forecast period.
China to Dominate the Asia-Pacific Region
- China is the world's largest market for consumer appliances and the domestic manufacturers dominate in the region.
- Rapidly rising living standards and a large number of new households have resulted in an increase in the consumption of consumer appliances coatings.
- Furthermore, the newer applications of consumer appliance coatings, such as fluoropolymer coatings, will offer numerous opportunities for the growth of the global consumer appliance coatings market.
- A growing interest in energy and water efficiency appliances will drive the market for consumer appliances coatings in the forecast period.
The consumer appliance coatings market is partially consolidated. Some of the major players include AkzoNobel N.V, Axalta Coatings System, LLC, PPG Industries, Inc., THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY., Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Home-appliance Industry
- 4.1.2 Increased Awareness of Eco-friendly Products
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Resin Type
- 5.1.1 Epoxy
- 5.1.2 Epoxy PE Hybrid
- 5.1.3 Thermoplastic
- 5.1.4 Others
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Refrigerators
- 5.2.2 Cooking appliances
- 5.2.3 Dishwashers
- 5.2.4 Washing machines
- 5.2.5 Microwave & Oven
- 5.2.6 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 18.104.22.168 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 18.104.22.168 Brazil
- 22.214.171.124 Argentina
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
- 184.108.40.206 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 AkzoNobel N.V
- 6.4.2 Axalta Coatings System, LLC
- 6.4.3 Dulux Australia
- 6.4.4 Evonik
- 6.4.5 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- 6.4.6 Jotun
- 6.4.7 Kansai Paints
- 6.4.8 PPG Industries, Inc.
- 6.4.9 THE SHERWIN-WILLIAMS COMPANY.
- 6.4.10 TIGER Drylac U.S.A.
- 6.4.11 Wacker Chemie AG
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Technological Advancements