Product Code: 52093
The global prepreg market is expected to record a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. Prepregs are composites, impregnated with reinforcement fibers that provide several advantages, such as corrosion resistance, higher strength-to-weight ratio, lower maintenance, and longer lifecycle, in comparison to traditional counterparts of steel and aluminum.
- The market is majorly driven by the rising demand from wind energy and aerospace and defense applications.
- Autoclave and maintenance constraints are expected to hinder the markets growth.
- Narrowing supply-demand gap and technical advancements in prepreg product development are likely to act as an opportunity to the global prepreg market over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
The Aerospace and Defense Industry to Drive the Market
- Owing to the superior strength-to-weight ratio of prepregs, there is a high demand for prepregs in the aerospace sector. Prepregs (especially carbon prepregs) are increasingly being used to replace their metal counterparts, to manufacture interior and exterior structures, as the specific strength and modulus of the former are higher than most metallic alloys.
- Increased expenditure on specialized military equipment in the defense sector, due to the current increase in defense budgets and the resurgence of global security threats in key nations (such as the United Kingdom, France, Japan, and several Middle Eastern countries), is expected to boost the demand for prepregs.
- Robust increases of global revenue passenger kilometers (RPKs), year over year, are leading to an unprecedented level of aircraft production rates.
- Overall, a steady growth rate in the aerospace industry and increased applications of prepregs in military applications provide a great opportunity and growth potential for prepreg manufacturers.
The United States to dominate the North America Market
- The United States is the world's largest and most powerful economy in the world. The aerospace and the defense sectors of the United States are the largest in the world. Defense budgets are increasing with the rising global tensions, in order to equip the armed forces with modern platforms.
- More spending in the defense and aerospace sector is likely to be seen in the coming years, which, in turn, is expected to drive the demand for prepreg in the United States.
- Major players in the United States are expected to increase their investments in the development of advanced prepregs for use in newer applications in industrial sectors, which is likely to lead to increased consumption of prepregs in the future.
- The automotive market of the United States (which is one of the largest in the world) has currently slowed down, while it is expected to grow at a moderately high rate in the forecast period. The light commercial vehicles market is expected to grow at a moderately low rate during the forecast period. It is expected to significantly drive the prepeg market.
The global prepreg market is consolidated in nature. The major companies include Axiom Materials, Mitsubishi Chemical Carbon Fiber and Composites Inc., Solvay, Hexcel Corporation, and, TEIJIN LIMITED among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Demand from the Aerospace and Defense Sector
- 4.1.2 Growing Demand from the Wind Sector
- 4.1.3 Increased Adoption of Carbon Prepreg
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Autoclave and Maintenance Constraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Resin Type
- 5.1.1 Thermoset
- 5.1.2 Thermoplastic
- 5.2 Fiber Type
- 5.2.1 Carbon
- 5.2.2 Glass
- 5.2.3 Aramid
- 5.3 End-user Industry
- 5.3.1 Aerospace and Defense
- 5.3.2 Automotive
- 5.3.3 Electrical and Electronics
- 5.3.4 Wind Turbine
- 5.3.5 Leisure
- 5.3.6 Other End-user Industries
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Axiom Materials
- 6.4.2 Composite Resources Inc.
- 6.4.3 Gurit
- 6.4.4 Hexcel Corporation
- 6.4.5 Isola Group
- 6.4.6 Koninklijke Ten Cate BV
- 6.4.7 Mitsubishi Chemical Carbon Fiber and Composites Inc.
- 6.4.8 Park Eletrochemical Corp.
- 6.4.9 Renegade Materials Corporation
- 6.4.10 SGL Carbon
- 6.4.11 Solvay
- 6.4.12 Sunrez Corporation
- 6.4.13 TEIJIN LIMITED
- 6.4.14 Toray Industries Inc.
- 6.4.15 Ventec International Group
- 6.4.16 Yokohama Aerospace America Inc.
- 6.4.17 Zoltek
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Narrowing Supply-Demand Gap
- 7.2 Technical Advancements in Prepreg Product Development