Product Code: 50954
The market for defoamers is expected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. One of the major factors driving the market studied is the increasing paints and coatings production. However, the market is likely to be restrained by the negative impact of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The growing demand for eco-friendly defoamers is likely to act as an opportunity for the market in the future.
- Asia-Pacific accounted for the major share of the market globally.
Key Market Trends
Water and Wastewater Treatment Segment to Drive the Market Growth
- The defoamers find their applications in industrial and municipal wastewater treatment technologies. The applications of defoamers benefit these processes through increased production capacity, output volume, and reduced operational cost.
- The foam in the wastewater treatment systems can result due to biological activity, mechanical action, chemical contamination, surfactants in the influent, or some polymer treatments.
- Thus defoamers reduce the health hazard posed by the foam formation in wastewater treatment plants.
- The leading market for defoamers from the water and wastewater treatment industry was China, followed by the United States and Germany.
- The demand for defoamers from the water treatment industry is expected to record a CAGR of 5% during the next 5 years. China is expected to be the major contributor to the growth.
- The major companies providing defoamers for water and wastewater treatment industry include Suez, BASF SE, Buckman, Accepta, Dow, and Croda International PLC, among others.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific accounted for the major market share, owing to the high demand from countries like China and India.
- China is one of the largest consumers of defoamers in the Asia-Pacific region. This could be attributed to the fact that the country is the largest producer of automobiles, and has the largest market share in the growth of the SUV market.
- Moreover, the country is the largest construction market in the region. This growth in the construction sector is expected to lead to an increase in the demand for paints and coatings, and in turn, is likely to push the growth for defoamers in the country.
- The country is the largest producer and exporter of textiles in the world. The textile industry in China diminished a little in recent years but still offers significant opportunities. According to the China National Textile and Apparel Council, the Chinese textile industry is expected to grow at a healthy annual rate of 7%. The Council is also planning to boost the exports of fiber products to USD 400 billion by 2020.
- Owing to the aforementioned reasons, Asia-Pacific is likely to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
The market for defoamers is moderately consolidated, as the majority of the market is occupied by a few key companies. Some of the major players of the market include BASF SE, Croda International PLC, Ashland, Evonik Industries AG, and Clariant AG, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Paints and Coatings Production
- 4.1.2 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Negative Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Oil-based Defoamer
- 5.1.2 Emulsion Defoamer
- 5.1.3 Silicone-based Defoamer
- 5.1.4 Powder Defoamer
- 5.1.5 Polymer-based Defoamers
- 5.1.6 Other Types
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Paints and Coatings
- 5.2.2 Oil and Gas
- 5.2.3 Pulp and Paper
- 5.2.4 Food and Beverages
- 5.2.5 Water and Wastewater Treatment
- 5.2.6 Other End-user Industries
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124 ASEAN Countries
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Accepta
- 6.4.2 Aqua Clear Inc.
- 6.4.3 Ashland
- 6.4.4 BASF SE
- 6.4.5 BRB International
- 6.4.6 Buckman
- 6.4.7 Clariant
- 6.4.8 Croda International PLC
- 6.4.9 Dow
- 6.4.10 Eastman Chemical Company
- 6.4.11 ELEMENTIS PLC
- 6.4.12 Elkem Silicones
- 6.4.13 Evonik Industries AG
- 6.4.14 SAN NOPCO LIMITED
- 6.4.15 Solvay
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS