Product Code: 52252
The adhesives and sealants market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period. The major factors driving the growth of the market studied are the shifting focus toward the usage of composites and the increasing demand from the packaging industry. On the flip side, stringent environmental regulations regarding VOC emissions serve as one of the stumbling blocks in the growth of the market studied.
- The packaging segment dominated the market and is likely to grow during the forecast period, owing to the robust growth in demand for packaging materials from the food and beverage and e-retail companies.
- The rising demand for bio-based adhesives is likely to provide huge opportunities for the market studied over the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the world, with robust demand from the end-user industries, such as packaging, transportation, electronics, construction, and furniture industry.
Key Market Trends
The Paper, Board, and Packaging Segment to Dominate the Market Demand
- The paper, board, and packaging segment is the largest consumer of the adhesives and sealants market. The packaging industry has been witnessing strong demand from end-user industries, such as food and beverages, cosmetics, consumer goods, stationery, and other end-user industries.
- Online retail shopping is increasing at a higher rate with the rising internet technologies and web applications, which has largely supported the growth of the packaging industry.
- Moreover, the demand for cosmetics and food and beverage products is expected to grow due to the growing population and demand for quality products, urbanization, and consumers inclining toward technology, hence fueling the demand for packaging industry.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to witness strongest growth in the demand for packaging materials, due to robust economic performance of the developing countries, promising robust market demand, and the growing population, whih is adding new demand to the market.
- Matured markets like Europe and North America are also expected to witness noticeable growth in their packaging industry due to the influence of the online retail business trends.
- Hence, with such robust growth of packaging industry across the world, the demand in the adhesives and sealants market is also expected to increase during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share of more than 40%. The increasing demand from industries, such as packaging, construction, electronics, and transportation.
- Industries such as food and beverage, cosmetics, and consumer goods are continuously seen innovating new products, increasing production, and resorting to attractive packaging materials in order to attract customers.
- Manufacturing companies have been shifting to flexible packaging, as it is lightweight and helps to facilitate selling products in different quantities without making much difference in packaging cost, as in the case of metal or glass packaging.
- This has been leading to robust growth in the demand for flexible packaging, which is further creating a noticeable demand for adhesives in packaging applications.
- The automotive industry has been switching to lightweight materials from heavy metals in order to reduce the weight of the vehicles. This has been facilitating the use of adhesives and sealants in the automotive industry.
- However, the slowdown in the automotive industry is, in turn, acting as a hindering factor to the market.
- On the brighter side, ASEAN Countries exhibited relatively positive growth in the production of vehicles in the region. Hence, all such trends in the automotive industry in the region is expected to add to the demand for adhesives and sealants in the region during the forecast period.
- Hence, such market trends are expected to drive the growth of the adhesives and sealants market in the region during the forecast period.
The market for adhesives and sealants is fragmented with the top five players accounting for almost 36% of the market. Some of the major players in the market include Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, 3M, H.B. Fuller, Arkema Group, and Sika AG, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Report
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Shifting Focus Toward Adhesive Bonding for Composite Materials
- 4.1.2 Increasing Demand from the Packaging Industry
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Stringent Environmental Regulations Regarding VOC Emissions
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Adhesives - by Technology
- 5.1.1 Water-borne
- 184.108.40.206 Acrylic
- 220.127.116.11 Polyvinyl Acetate (PVA) Emulsion
- 18.104.22.168 Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) Emulsion
- 22.214.171.124 Polyurethane Dispersion and CR (Chloroprene Rubber) Latex
- 126.96.36.199 Others
- 5.1.2 Solvent-borne
- 188.8.131.52 Chloroprene Rubber
- 184.108.40.206 Poly Acrylate (Pas)
- 220.127.116.11 SBC Resin Adhesives
- 18.104.22.168 Others
- 5.1.3 Reactive
- 22.214.171.124 Polyurethane
- 126.96.36.199 Epoxy
- 188.8.131.52 Cyanoacrylate
- 184.108.40.206 Modified Acrylic
- 220.127.116.11 Anaerobic
- 18.104.22.168 Silicone
- 22.214.171.124 Others
- 5.1.4 Hot Melt
- 126.96.36.199 Ethylene Vinyl Acetate
- 188.8.131.52 Styrenic Block Copolymers
- 184.108.40.206 Thermoplastic Polyurethane
- 220.127.116.11 Others
- 5.1.5 Other Technologies
- 5.2 Sealants - by Product Type
- 5.2.1 Silicone
- 5.2.2 Polyurethane
- 5.2.3 Acrylic
- 5.2.4 Polyvinyl Acetate
- 5.2.5 Other Product Types
- 5.3 End-user
- 5.3.1 Building and Construction
- 5.3.2 Paper, Board, and Packaging
- 5.3.3 Transportation
- 5.3.4 Woodworking and Joinery
- 5.3.5 Footwear and Leather
- 5.3.6 Healthcare
- 5.3.7 Electrical and Electronics
- 5.3.8 Others
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 ASEAN Countries
- 220.127.116.11 Australia & New Zealand
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Mexico
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M
- 6.4.2 AdCo (UK) Ltd
- 6.4.3 Arkema Group (Bostik SA)
- 6.4.4 Artimelt AG
- 6.4.5 Ashland
- 6.4.6 Avery Dennison Corporation
- 6.4.7 Beardow Adams
- 6.4.8 Buhnen GmbH & Co. KG
- 6.4.9 CHEMENCE
- 6.4.10 DELO Industrial Adhesives
- 6.4.11 Dow
- 6.4.12 Dymax Corporation
- 6.4.13 Franklin International
- 6.4.14 General Sealants Inc.
- 6.4.15 H.B. Fuller Company
- 6.4.16 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- 6.4.17 Hexcel Corporation
- 6.4.18 Huntsman International LLC
- 6.4.19 ITW Performance Polymers
- 6.4.20 Jowat SE
- 6.4.21 LINTEC Corporation (Mactac)
- 6.4.22 LORD Corporation
- 6.4.23 Mapei SpA
- 6.4.24 Master Bond
- 6.4.25 merz+bentel
- 6.4.26 Paramelt BV
- 6.4.27 Permabond LLC
- 6.4.28 Pidilite Industries Ltd
- 6.4.29 RPM International Inc.
- 6.4.30 Sashco, Inc.
- 6.4.31 Sika AG
- 6.4.32 The Soudal Group
- 6.4.33 TESA SE - A Beiersdorf Company
- 6.4.34 The Reynolds Company
- 6.4.35 Yokohama Industries Americas Inc.
- 6.4.36 UniSeal, Inc.
- 6.4.37 Wacker Chemie AG
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Rising Demand for Bio-based and Hybrid Adhesives
- 7.2 Other Opportunities