Product Code: 48991
The infusion pumps and accessories market is predicted to witness a CAGR of approximately 5.8% over the forecast period, 2019-2024. This report is segmented by product type, application, end-user, and geography.
The infusion pumps have been in use for four decades, and its applications are increasing gradually, across the world.
The ease that an infusion pump offers, while treating a patient, has largely been responsible for its popularity and increasing use.
Currently, there are a number of various types of infusion pumps available; one of them, which has gained huge popularity for continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion, is the insulin infusion pump.
Since their inception, the application of insulin pumps has been increasing, especially in developed nations, such as the United States.
A significant rise in their use was observed in the past decade; in the year 2016, nearly 374,000 patients with Type 1 diabetes used insulin pumps in the United States.
As per the recent records, more than half a million patients with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes are using insulin pumps.
Key Market Trends
Volumetric Infusion Pumps are Believed to Witness Highest CAGR in the Forecast Period
- Volumetric infusion pumps have a wide range of applications in various disease areas, owing to which the market value for volumetric is the highest, as compared to the markets for other pumps.
- One of the main use out of the innumerable uses of volumetric infusion pumps is its use in intravenous infusions.
- The use of these pumps in such critical cases increases the value of these devices in the total infusion pumps system.
- Moreover, the safety, accuracy, and simplicity of the pumps attribute to the high demand of these pumps.
- Currently, the volumetric infusion pump segment is driven by its wide applications, advantages, and increasing use in developed countries.
- In the coming years, the demand for these pumps is expected to increase, globally, especially in the Asia-Pacific and South American countries, due to their increasing popularity.
- The increasing chronic disease population is expected to boost the demand for these pumps, and therefore, the market growth in the future.
- Moreover, as the socio-economic prospect of developing countries improves, more people are expected to be able to opt for volumetric pumps in hospitals.
Germany Dominates the Market in Europe Region
- The growth of the German infusion pumps and accessories market has been attributed to patients and physicians, who are steadily adopting new technologically advanced products for regular treatment of chronic disease conditions.
- Germany has well-established health insurance funds with a stronghold by national agencies on the reimbursement. These agencies are considered as the central decision-making system.
- The biggest advantage for manufacturers, due to this system, is that it saves time for officials on evaluation and decision making, as only one dossier needs to be provided to the national authorities.
- However, it must also be noted that due to the supreme power of the central decision-making body, if the reimbursement decision turns negative, the patient availability gets difficult.
- In Germany, more than 50% of unstable patients use insulin pumps. The trend for the usage of insulin pumps is growing over the years and the same trend is expected to be followed in the country which will ultimately contribute to the growth of the market.
The market for infusion pumps and accessories is highly competitive and consists of the global as well as local players.
Due to the technological advancements, small and mid-sized companies are focusing on market penetration to grab the market share. Some of the key global players of this market are B. Braun Melsungen AG, Becton, Dickinson and Company, Medtronic Plc., Smiths Medical Inc. and Terumo Corporation.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Increasing Adoption Rate of Infusion Pumps
- 4.2.2 Rising Incidences of Chronic Disease
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 High Price of Infusion Pumps
- 4.3.2 Safety Issues Associated with Infusion Pumps
- 4.4 Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Product Type
- 5.1.1 Infusion Pump Types
- 22.214.171.124 Syringe Infusion Pumps
- 126.96.36.199 Volumetric Infusion Pumps
- 188.8.131.52 Elastomeric Infusion Pumps
- 184.108.40.206 Insulin Infusion Pumps
- 220.127.116.11 Enteral Infusion Pumps
- 18.104.22.168 Others
- 5.1.2 Accessories/Disposables
- 5.2 By Application
- 5.2.1 Gastroenterology
- 5.2.2 Diabetes Management
- 5.2.3 Hematology
- 5.2.4 Others
- 5.3 By End User
- 5.3.1 Hospitals
- 5.3.2 Ambulatory Surgery Center
- 5.3.3 Others
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Mexico
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 Spain
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Australia
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 Middle-East and Africa
- 184.108.40.206 GCC
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
- 5.4.5 South America
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil
- 126.96.36.199 Argentina
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Braun Melsungen AG
- 6.1.2 Baxter International Inc.
- 6.1.3 Becton, Dickinson and Company
- 6.1.4 CareFusion Corporation
- 6.1.5 F. Hoffmann-la Roche Ltd
- 6.1.6 Johnson & Johnson
- 6.1.7 Medtronic Inc.
- 6.1.8 Pfizer Inc.
- 6.1.9 Smiths Medical
- 6.1.10 Terumo Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS