Product Code: 55577
The axial compressor market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5% during the period of 2020-2025. Factors such as growing demand for natural gas which, in turn, is leading to growing gas pipeline network is expected to be one of the most significant drivers for the compressor market during the forecast period. Apart from that, the emerging countries, such as India, Vietnam, and Malaysia are encouraging the foreign investments in the manufacturing industry through several government programs, which, in turn, is expected to drive the manufacturing sector, in turn, supporting the demand for axial compressors during the forecast period. However, consumers opt to service and continue usage of existing compressors as opposed to investing in new installations, in order to reduce capital expenditure, since the cost of new compressor is significantly high. This along with emission of methane in the atmosphere from the compressors, leading to environmental issues are the restraining factors for the market studied.
- Oil and gas end-user segment is likely to dominate the axial compressor market owing to the increased use of axial compressors in upstream, midstream and downstream sectors for a number of distinctly different applications, such as transmission, storage, gas gathering, gas lift, gas injection, flash gas compression, refrigeration, etc.
- Rising electricity demand in emerging markets, such as India, China, Brazil, and Mexico are expected to drive the natural gas demand in power generation sector, which in turn is expected to create a significant opportunities for axial compressors manufacturers and suppliers in the near future.
- Asia Pacific has dominated the market in 2018 and is expected to show substantial market growth owing to the increase in gas demand and rise in manufacturing industry in countries such as India, China, Australia, etc.
Key Market Trends
Oil and Gas Segment to Dominate the Market
- Natural gas demand grew by 4.6% in 2018 and is expected to continue this trend over the forecast period, signifying an almost equal increase in axial compressor market.
- Axial compressor demand in midstream oil & gas Industry is also expected to grow with increase in exports and imports by gas producing countries such as the United States and Russia and gas consuming countries such as China and the European Union respectively. The consumption of natural gas is expected to witness the fastest growth among all fuel types. The lower cost, in comparison with other fossil fuel types, is expected to supplement the demand for natural gas, during the forecast period.
- Global oil and gas trunk pipeline are expected to grow from 1.9 million km in 2019 to 2.2 million km by 2023, showing a total growth of 13.4%. Asia-Pacific and North America lead in this data with a total of approximately 14 million km growth in pipeline length according to announced and planned projects, this trend is expected to show positive signs for axial compressor market in coming years.
- In the United States there has been a significant reduction in share of energy production from coal, which is being gradually being replaced by energy production from gas. Share of energy production from gas rose from 27.5% in 2014 to 35.1% in 2018, this indicates towards a growth for axial compressor market growth in Oil and Gas Industry.
- A similar rise for gas demand for energy production can be seen globally, with more growth rate in developing countries such as India, China, Mexico, etc., thereby driving the axial compressor market along with it.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia Pacific has witnessed the fastest growth rate corresponding to the industrial and consumer market growth, especially from the countries such as India and China and also the gas demand growth from developed countries such as Australia.
- Power generation and manufacturing industry are the biggest consumers of natural gas in this region. Increasing demand for electricity in countries, such as India and China is expected to drive natural gas demand.
- India's investment in refining and petrochemicals industry, and the growth of steel production is expected to pave a way for the axial compressor market in India. Refining capacity of India grew to 22495.43 TMT in March 2019, an increase of 6.51% from March 2018
- China's commitment towards reducing pollution by substituting energy production from coal with renewable energy and energy production from gas have led to a constant rise in gas demand over the years, making it the world's 3rd largest country in terms of gas consumption.
- Refining capacity of China is also on the rise, with a recent contract for 1 MTA ethylene and refinery expansion project of Sinochem Quanzhou Petrochemical.
- Therefore, the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the market in forecast period, similar to the trend witnessed in recent years.
The global axial compressor market is fragmented with a lot of big and small active players. Some of the major companies include Siemens AG, Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding Co Ltd, MAN SE, Baker Hughes Company, and Ingersoll Rand.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of the Study
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast, till 2025
- 4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
- 4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
- 4.5 Market Dynamics
- 4.5.1 Drivers
- 4.5.2 Restraints
- 4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.7 Industry Attractiveness: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes
- 4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION AND ANALYSIS
- 5.1 Stage
- 5.1.1 Single Stage
- 5.1.2 Multi Stage
- 5.2 End-User
- 5.2.1 Oil & Gas
- 5.2.2 Chemical
- 5.2.3 Steel
- 5.2.4 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 Competitive landscape
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 Seimens AG
- 6.3.2 Mitsui Engineering & Shipbuilding Co Ltd
- 6.3.3 MAN SE
- 6.3.4 Baker Hughes Company
- 6.3.5 Howden Compressors Ltd
- 6.3.6 Ingersoll-Rand PLC
- 6.3.7 Wartsila Oyj Abp
- 6.3.8 Elliott Group Ltd.
- 6.3.9 Zhejiang Kaishan Compressor Co. Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS