Product Code: 49576
The market for submersible pump is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5.64% during 2020 - 2025. Major factors driving the market are the strict regulations for wastewater treatment across industries, recovery in the oil and gas and mining industry, growth in the construction industry, and surge in industrial infrastructure. However, this market faces certain challenges, such as high maintenance & operation costs, and volatility in oil & gas prices. These factors act as a roadblock to the growth of the market.
- The oil and gas sector accounts for the largest market, mainly due to increasing capital expenditure, maintaining or increasing production from wells, and increasing exploitation of shale reserves and increasing production of a large amount of wastewater. North America is expected to be the leader in the oil and gas sector.
- Irrigation is a major application area for solar pumps in India. This makes India a land of huge market opportunity for solar submersible pumps. The Government of India had set ambitious targets for expanding the country's renewable energy generating capacity, and in 2010 launched the Jawaharlal Nehru National (JNN) Solar Mission. In 2014, as part of this mission, the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) outlined the Solar Pumping Programme for Irrigation and Drinking Water, which sought to promote the adoption of solar pumps over five years. Hence, due to such government support, submersible pumps market in India is expected to provide ample opportunity for pump manufacturers in this area.
- The Asia-Pacific region has the largest share in the global submersible pumps market, with China and India being the major contributors.
Key Market Trends
Oil and Gas Industry to Dominate the Market
- Heavy duty submersible pump handles a lot of solids efficiently, and is used during drilling oil and gas well. Currently, more than 90% of producing well in the world uses artificial lift to optimize production, after the decline in natural drives. The demand for submersible pumps has been volatile in the past few years, mainly due to the downturn in the industry. However, the recovery in crude oil price and low breakeven price is driving the production activity in the market studied period.
- The oil and gas production market is currently driven by the United States, which is exploiting its shale reserve, as well as one of the largest markets for artificial lift, due to the presence of more than a million production wells. The increasing exploitation of shale reserve has resulted in increased production of wastewater. The lack of availability of water and government regulation on wastewater treatment are encouraging the industry to treat the produced water. This is expected to create tremendous demand opportunities for submersible pumps that finds application in pumping wastewater from the field.
- Moreover, national oil companies in the region have taken the lead in investing and developing the oil and gas industry. A number of new naphtha crackers are anticipated to come online by 2021-2022 in India, China, Vietnam, and other countries. Several upcoming brownfield refinery projects and refinery expansion in China and India are expected to drive the demand for submersible pumps for pumping and wastewater treatment purposes over the coming years.
Asia-Pacific is expected to be the Largest Market
- Asia-Pacific expected to be the largest market during the forecast period, followed by North America and Europe. The governments in developing countries, such as India, China, etc. have formulated policies to proliferate the industrial sector growth that is leading to expansion of industries, such as oil and gas, construction, etc. which have a widespread application of submersible pumps, thus, driving the submersible pump market in Asia-Pacific.
- China is experiencing rapid growth in urbanization rate, which has increased population density in urban areas, resulting in a decline in water quality. The rise in urbanization has resulted in substantial increase in produced wastewater in the country. In order to address this problem, the Government of China had increased the regulation, as well as incentives, for the industrial sector to treat wastewater. Moreover, the municipalities are increasing investments on the sewage water treatment and drinking water treatment plants. Similar trend is expected to continue during the forecast period, which, in turn, is expected to drive the demand for submersible pump in the water and wastewater industry, during the forecast period.
- India has large arable land resources, tenth-largest in the world, and is among the 15 leading exporters of agricultural products in the world. The Government of India has introduced several projects to stimulate the agricultural sector. Around 285 new irrigation projects are expected to be undertaken in 2018 to provide irrigation for 18.8 million hectares of land. As per the Union Budget 2018-2019, the scheme has been allocated USD 401.6 million. This is expected to increase the demand for submersible pumps in the country.
- Moreover, increasing water scarcity problems, coupled with increasing population, has resulted in increasing demand for packaged drinking water, which is expected to continue in the coming years. As a result, growth in water treatment plants and expanding the capacity of existing facilities are expected to drive the market in the Asia-Pacific region.
- The market for submersible pumps remains to be highly fragmented and some of the key players include Borets, The Gorman-Rupp Company, Flowserve Corporation, Grundfos Group, ITT Goulds, Schlumberger Limited, KSB SE & Co KgaA, and Sulzer Ltd.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of Study
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
- 4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
- 4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
- 4.5 Market Dynamics
- 4.5.1 Drivers
- 4.5.2 Restraints
- 4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.7.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Borewell Submersible Pump
- 5.1.2 Openwell Submersible Pump
- 5.1.3 Non-clog Submersible Pump
- 5.2 Drive Type
- 5.2.1 Electric
- 5.2.2 Hydraulic
- 5.2.3 Other Drive Types
- 5.3 Head
- 5.3.1 Below 50 m
- 5.3.2 Between 50 m to 100 m
- 5.3.3 Above 100 m
- 5.4 End-User
- 5.4.1 Water and Wastewater
- 5.4.2 Oil and Gas Industry
- 5.4.3 Mining and Construction Industry
- 5.4.4 Other End Users
- 5.5 Geography
- 5.5.1 North America
- 5.5.2 Asia-Pacific
- 5.5.3 Europe
- 5.5.4 South America
- 5.5.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 Baker Hughes Co.
- 6.3.2 Schlumberger Limited
- 6.3.3 Halliburton Co.
- 6.3.4 Weir Group PLC
- 6.3.5 Sulzer AG
- 6.3.6 Grundfos Group
- 6.3.7 The Gorman-Rupp Company
- 6.3.8 Flowserve Corporation
- 6.3.9 Atlas Copco AB
- 6.3.10 Ebara Corporation
- 6.3.11 Borets International Ltd
- 6.3.12 ITT Goulds Pumps
- 6.3.13 Franklin Electric Co. Inc.
- 6.3.14 KSB AG
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS