Product Code: 50665
The global cased hole logging services market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 2% during 2020-2025. The increasing drilling and completion activities, globally, has been driving the demand for the cased hole logging services over the study period. However, the volatile oil prices over the recent period, owing to the supply-demand gap, geopolitics and several other factors has been restraining the growth in the demand for cased hole logging services.
- The E-line cased hole logging services is expected to have the maximum share in the market, in 2018, owing to its higher accuracy and reliability.
- The increasing oil and gas discoveries coupled with the liberalization in the industry globally, has been leading to creation of new opportunities for the players to invest in. The new emerging markets are several developing nations of Middle East and Africa, Asia-Pacific and South America.
- North America is estimated to hold the maximum share in the cased hole logging services market, in 2018. Additionally, the growth rate of the South America region is expected to be the highest during the forecast period, primarily due to the rapidly increasing oil and gas activities in the region, over the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
E-Line to Dominate the Market
- Electrical line (E-line) is a cable which is utilized to lower the tools and transmit data to the surface and to the tools deployed. An e-line can perform the slickline job and can also help to evaluate (log) the formation, when the data must be sent to the surface.
- E-lines consists of single strands or multi-strands. E-Line is a more value-added deployment method, as it covers both requirements, i.e. it can intervene on a mechanical level and collect data about well conditions too.
- The market for E-Line wire-line services has been growing, as there are a higher number of old wells (conventional) across the globe that require intervention and monitoring. In addition, a number of down-hole tools that were previously deployed by coiled tubing can now be deployed using E-Line, which is more cost-effective.
- Owing to the above mentioned properties, the demand for e-line cased hole logging services has been growing over the forecast period.
North America to Dominate the Market
- North America is expected to dominate the cased hole logging services market and to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period.
- The United States (US), as of 2019, is the largest producer of oil and gas. In the US, there are more than 900,000 active oil and gas wells, and more than 130,000 have been drilled since 2010.
- In 2018, the US has witnessed three significant oil discoveries, including two in the Gulf of Mexico, at Ballymore (545 Mb) at a depth of 2,000 m underwater, and at Appomattox (140 Mb) under 2,300 m of water.
- In 2018, the Canadian government had anticipated that the oil production from Canada is likely to reach 4.5 mmbpd by 2020, and production is expected to increase from an offshore well situated in the West Orphan Basin, offshore Newfoundland, and Labrador, which is estimated to hold 25.5 bbl of oil and 20.6 tcf of gas.
- The annual oil output of Mexico has been dropping, over the years, as the giant Cantrell field in the shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico drying up. However, the Mexican government is trying to increase private investments in its controlled areas of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Therefore, increasing oil and gas drilling and completion activities in the region are expected to increase the demand for cased hole logging services market over the forecast period in North America region.
The global cased hole logging services market is partially consolidated, due to the small number of companies operating in the industry. The key players in this market include Schlumberger Limited, Halliburton Company, China Oilfield Services, Weatherford Plc. and Baker Hughes Company.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of the Study
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast, till 2025
- 4.3 Onshore and Offshore Active Rig Count, till 2019
- 4.4 Historic and Forecast of Upstream CAPEX in USD billion, by Onshore and Offshore, 2018-2025
- 4.5 Historic and Forecast of Offshore CAPEX in USD billion, by Water Depth, 2018-2025
- 4.6 Historic and Forecast of Offshore CAPEX in USD billion, by Region, 2018-2025
- 4.7 Brent Crude Oil Spot Prices Forecast, till 2025
- 4.8 Major Upcoming Upstream Projects
- 4.9 Recent Trends and Developments
- 4.10 Government Policies and Regulations
- 4.11 Market Dynamics
- 4.11.1 Drivers
- 4.11.2 Restraints
- 4.12 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.13 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.13.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.13.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.13.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.13.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
- 4.13.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Wireline Type
- 5.1.1 E-Line
- 5.1.2 Slickline
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 5.2.2 Europe
- 5.2.3 Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.4 South America
- 5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 Baker Hughes Company
- 6.3.2 Schlumberger Limited
- 6.3.3 Halliburton Company
- 6.3.4 Nabors Industries Ltd.
- 6.3.5 Weatherford International Plc.
- 6.3.6 Superior Energy Services
- 6.3.7 OilServ
- 6.3.8 China Oilfield Services Limited
- 6.3.9 RECON Petrotechnologies Ltd.
- 6.3.10 Pioneer Energy Services
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS