Product Code: 48958
The market for in-pipe hydro systems is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 2.3% approximately during the forecast period of 2020 - 2025. The in-pipe hydro power systems are becoming more popular, as they do not require additional infrastructure or substantial upfront cost. Factors such as increased focus on renewable power generation and rising need for efficient power generation in both commercial and industrial applications are expected to drive the demand for in-pipe hydro systems. Also, weather independent system is anticipated to drive the market as the energy produced by the in-pipe hydro system eliminates the weather dependency, which is observed with energy produced from other types of renewable-based energy generation systems. On the other hand, factors such as high initial cost, interruptions caused in the natural flow of water, and shortage of water supply are anticipated to hinder the market growth.
- Industrial water systems are likely to witness a significant demand over the forecast period as water requirement is huge for major industries i.e. water used in industries for purposes like fabricating, diluting,cooling, and washing etc.
- Expanding water infrastructure facilities across the world is creating huge opportunities for in-house power system deployment, which is anticipated to to create a significant opportunity for the market in the near future.
- North America is expected to be the largest market with majority of the demand coming from the countries such as the United States and Canada.
Key Market Trends
Industrial Water Systems to Witness Significant Demand
- The industrial sector is offering vast business opportunities for the in-pipe hydro systems market. As the requirement of water across industries, such as steel, and chemicals etc. is widespread, and water pipeline network in such industries can be used to install in-pipe power generation system that can be used for self-consumption.
- As the focus across the world has increased on implementing energy efficiency measures across the industries, the power generation from water pipeline network in the industrial plants can lead to efficiency in energy consumption.
- In addition to solar photovoltaic and wind systems, in-pipe water to wire power systems are becoming particularly interesting for the integration of renewable sources at industrial scale because of the potential to harness clean energy from excess head pressure in industrial water pipelines.
- Able to operate across a wide range of head and flow conditions micro hydro power systems can be deployed in municipalities, energy-intensive industries and agricultural irrigation districts providing a consistent amount of clean and continuous energy without the typical intermittency of wind and solar and at the same time helping in pipelines management and maintenance.
- The increased water needs in emerging markets such as India and China, the global water demand is expected to rise about 6.350 cubic kilometers in 2030. Also, the European industry's water demand is expected to increase by around 100 billion cubic meters of water in 2030, compared to 2005.
- Therefore, based on the above-mentioned factors, industrial water systems are anticipated to witness significant demand over the forecast period.
North America to Dominate the Market
- Owing to the low cost of in-pipe hydro systems, coupled with urbanization and construction, the in-pipe hydro systems market is expected to grow during the forecast period.
- North America is expected to occupy the maximum market share, during the forecast period, due to increasing turbine installations, technological progress, and the presence of prominent players in the region.
- The in-pipe hydro systems segment in the renewable energy market has been gaining popularity, since 2018, and these systems are being used on a large scale wherever available.
- Rising awareness towards environment and green energy generation techniques is the key driver for the In-pipe hydro systems market in the United States.
- Harvesting energy generated in a New England water utility's pipes via pressure-reducing valves doesn't affect required operations, but the process changes the monetary and renewable energy equation. Hence, the Keene (New Hampshire) facility became the first energy-neutral water treatment plant in North America.
- As the United States upgrades its aging water infrastructure, in-pipe hydropower offers new solutions to help make water infrastructure smarter and more sustainable and resilient.
- The small-scale hydropower by installed capacity in MW is likely to be less than 50 for Canada and 5-100 for the United States.
- Upcoming industrial and water treatment construction projects in Canada are likely to be Kitimat Clean Ltd, Chevron Canada Ltd, Pieridae Energy - Halifax, etc.
- Therefore, based on these factors such as rising awareness and increasing installations especially in North America region, is likely to create positive impact on in-pipe hydro systems market over the forecast period.
The global in-pipe hydro systems market is consolidated. The key companies include Leviathan Energy LLC, Xinda Green Energy Co. Limited, Lucid Energy Inc., Rentricity Inc., and Natel Energy Inc.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Scope of the Study
- 1.2 Market Definition
- 1.3 Study Assumptions
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.1 Introduction
- 4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD million, till 2025
- 4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
- 4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
- 4.5 Market Dynamics
- 4.5.1 Drivers
- 4.5.2 Restraints
- 4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
- 4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
- 4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Application
- 5.1.1 Municipal Water or Wastewater Systems
- 5.1.2 Industrial Water Systems
- 5.1.3 Other Applications (Irrigation Systems, Urban and Building Applications, etc.)
- 5.2 Capacity
- 5.2.1 Pico - Hydro (up to 5 KW)
- 5.2.2 Micro - Hydro (up to 100KW)
- 5.2.3 Mini-Hydro (100kW and above)
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 5.3.2 Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.3 Company Profiles
- 6.3.1 Leviathan Energy LLC
- 6.3.2 Lucid Energy Inc.
- 6.3.3 Rentricity Inc.
- 6.3.4 Xinda Green Energy Co. Limited
- 6.3.5 Natel Energy Inc
- 6.3.6 Tecnoturbines SL
- 6.3.7 HS DYNAMIC ENERGY CO.,LTD.
- 6.3.8 GS-Hydro Oy
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS