Product Code: 51874
The market for water and wastewater treatment technologies is likely to register a CAGR of around 9%, during the forecast period. One of the major driving factors of the market is the rapidly diminishing freshwater resources across the world. However, lack of awareness on appropriate usage of water treatment techniques is likely to restrain the market.
- Increasing demand from shale gas exploration activities is also likely to boost the market growth.
- Active research on water treatment technologies may provide opportunities for the market growth, in the future.
- Middle East & Africa is likely to witness the highest growth rate, during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Municipal Water and Wastewater Treatment to Dominate the Market
- Wastewater treatment is necessary and used across the world, in different cities. The major applications of treatment technologies include preliminary treatment, primary and secondary treatment, tertiary treatment, biological nutrient removal (BNR), resource recovery, energy generation, etc.
- Moreover, municipal wastewater treatment involves a lot of biomass therefore, biological treatment is a major step used for the treatment of bio waste.
- North America and Europe are adopting the latest technologies in wastewater treatment at a faster rate, than in other regions. The developed regions of North America and Europe are expected to continue the momentum of adaptation of the latest technologies.
- The majority of drinking water used in Israel and Saudi Arabia is generated from the desalination process, which is likely to boost the demand for municipal water and wastewater treatment technologies.
- Hence, the municipal water and wastewater treatment industry is likely to dominate the market, during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific accounted for the major share of the water and wastewater treatment technologies market, owing to high demand from countries, like China and Japan.
- China has been discharging more wastewater than industrial wastewater, in the recent times. Adding to the issue is the huge problem of pollution, especially in the major industrial locations of the country.
- Hence, the Chinese government began to concentrate more on the reorganization of the pollutant treatment measures, including water and industrial wastewater treatments, which majorly include biological treatment that comprises of aerobic treatment, anaerobic treatment, etc.
- In India, the major industries are contributing to an extensive discharge of wastewater, which is resulting in the increasing usage of wastewater treatment technologies in the region.
- Hence, Asia-Pacific is likely to dominate the market during the forecast period.
The market for water and wastewater treatment technologies is moderately fragmented, as the market share is divided among a large number of players. Some of the key companies of the market include Veolia Environmental, Suez, Ecolab Inc., DuPont de Nemours, Inc., and Evoqua Water, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Rapidly Diminishing Fresh Water Resources
- 4.1.2 Increasing Demand from Shale Gas Exploration Activities
- 4.1.3 Growing Wastewater Complexities in Developing Economies
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Lack of Awareness on Appropriate Usage of Water Treatment Techniques
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Oil/Water Separation
- 18.104.22.168 Gravity separators
- 22.214.171.124 Hydro-cyclones
- 126.96.36.199 Gas Flotation
- 188.8.131.52 Nutshell filters
- 5.1.2 Suspended Solids Removal
- 184.108.40.206 Clarifier/Settling tanks
- 220.127.116.11 Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF)/ Induced Air Flotation (IAF)
- 18.104.22.168 Non-membrane Filtration
- 22.214.171.124 MF/UF Polymeric Membranes
- 126.96.36.199 Electrocoagulation
- 5.1.3 Dissolved Solids Removal
- 188.8.131.52 Reverse Osmosis (RO)
- 184.108.40.206 Multi-stage Flash Evaporation (MSFE)
- 220.127.116.11 Multi-effect Distillation (MED)
- 18.104.22.168 Vapor Compression Distillation (VCD)
- 22.214.171.124 Ion Exchange (IX)
- 126.96.36.199 Continuous Deionization (CDI)
- 188.8.131.52 Electro-dialysis (ED)/Electro-dialysis reversal (EDR)
- 184.108.40.206 Zero-Liquid Distillation
- 220.127.116.11 Thermal Brine Concentrator
- 5.1.4 Biological Treatment/Nutrient and Metals Recovery
- 18.104.22.168 Anaerobic/Oxic Treatment
- 22.214.171.124 Aerobic/Anoxic Treatment
- 5.1.5 Disinfection/Oxidation
- 126.96.36.199 Chlorine-based Compounds
- 188.8.131.52 Ultraviolet Light
- 184.108.40.206 Ozonation
- 220.127.116.11 Advanced Oxidation Processes
- 5.1.6 Other Types
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Municipal Water and Wastewater Treatment
- 5.2.2 Food and Beverage
- 5.2.3 Pulp and Paper
- 5.2.4 Oil and Gas
- 5.2.5 Healthcare
- 5.2.6 Poultry and Aquaculture
- 5.2.7 Chemical
- 5.2.8 Other End-user Industries
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 ASEAN Countries
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 18.104.22.168 United States
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 126.96.36.199 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 Italy
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of the Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Argentina
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
- 18.104.22.168 South Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa (MEA)
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 AECOM
- 6.4.2 Aquatech International LLC
- 6.4.3 Black & Veatch Holding Company
- 6.4.4 Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction
- 6.4.5 DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- 6.4.6 Ecolab
- 6.4.7 Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- 6.4.8 IDE Technologies
- 6.4.9 ITT INC.
- 6.4.10 Kurita Water Industries Ltd
- 6.4.11 Louis Berger
- 6.4.12 Mott Macdonald
- 6.4.13 Organo Corporation
- 6.4.14 Ovivo
- 6.4.15 Paques
- 6.4.16 REMONDIS SE & Co. KG
- 6.4.17 Schlumberger Limited
- 6.4.18 Severn Trent Water
- 6.4.19 Siemens
- 6.4.20 Solenis
- 6.4.21 SUEZ
- 6.4.22 Tetra Tech, Inc.
- 6.4.23 Veolia
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Active Research on Water Treatment Technologies