Product Code: 47500
The market for cyanoacrylate adhesive is expected to expand at a CAGR of more than 7% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are growing demand for lightweight and low-carbon-emitting vehicles.
- Stringent environmental regulations is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Increasing usage in medical applications is expected to act as an opportunity in the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Rising Demand from the Healthcare Sector
- Every year, the number of surgeries performed worldwide is growing enormously. Sutures, staples, and metallic grafts are an integral part of the surgery, and also the highest standard possible at present for wound closure.
- However, the pain and discomfort caused by these invasive techniques have led to an urgent need for the development of tissue adhesives for surgical settings.
- The ester form of cyanoacrylate,*N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate, is one of the adhesive components that have been widely used as a tissue adhesive in medical and veterinary applications for surgical wound closure and to close the wounds from cat declawing, etc.
- Cyanoacrylate adhesives even acquired the gold standard status in medical adhesives, which helped these adhesives to retain good market share in the medical adhesives market.
- Technological advancements in improving non-toxicity are expected to strengthen the growth rate of the cyanoacrylate adhesives market in the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific*accounted for the largest regional market for the cyanoacrylate adhesives market.
- The market demand for cyanoacrylate is majorly driven by expanding various industries such as plastic industry, dynamic economic development in India and China, and the burgeoning electronics industry.
- Furthermore, increasing usage in the medical application, such as dental and surgical adhesives, and rising standard of living is increasing the demand for home furnishings, which in turn, will offer numerous opportunities in the growth of the cyanoacrylate adhesives market, in Asia Pacific region.
- Such rapid growth in various end-user industries is likely to increase the demand for cyanoacrylate adhesives in the forecast period.
The cyanoacrylate adhesive market is fragmented. The major companies include 3M, Master Bond Inc., H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, and Arkema Group, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- Report customization as per the client's requirements
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Demand for Lightweight and Low-carbon-emitting Vehicles
- 4.1.2 Growing Demand from the Electronics and Furniture Industries
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Stringent Environmental Regulations
- 4.2.2 Others
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Product Type
- 5.1.1 Alkoxy Ethyl-based
- 5.1.2 Ethyl Ester-based
- 5.1.3 Methyl Ester-based
- 5.1.4 Other Product Types
- 5.2 By End-use
- 5.2.1 Transportation
- 5.2.2 Footwear and Leather
- 5.2.3 Furniture
- 5.2.4 Consumer Goods
- 5.2.5 Healthcare
- 5.2.6 Electronics
- 5.2.7 Other End-uses
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 South Korea
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Mexico
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M
- 6.4.2 Arkema Group (Bostik SA)
- 6.4.3 CHEMENCE
- 6.4.4 DELO Industrie Klebstoffe GmbH & Co. KGaA
- 6.4.5 DowDuPont
- 6.4.6 H.B. Fuller Company
- 6.4.7 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- 6.4.8 Jowat SE
- 6.4.9 Master Bond Inc.
- 6.4.10 Permabond LLC
- 6.4.11 Pidilite Industries Ltd
- 6.4.12 Sika AG
- 6.4.13 tesa Tapes
- 6.4.14 TONG SHEN ENTERPRISE CO., LTD.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Increasing Usage in Medical Applications
- 7.2 Others