Product Code: 72072
The Hot Melt Glue Labelers Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.5%. This type of applicator are used extensively for wraparound labels that cover the body of a container and wall surface. This makes them ideal for use in end user industries like food, beverage and pharmaceutical among others.
- Automatic hot melt glue labeling machine, that are used for various kinds of material of container and label meet the requirements of users that have variety of the containers. Moreover, these models are cost-effective for mass production requirements.
- The increase in adoption of hot melt glue labelers is expected to be aided by the introduction of modularization design concepts that make it convenient for users to change the bottles. This enables end users to interchangeably connect cold-glue and hotmelt labelling stations to the main machine as required.
- Additionally, many players are introducing models that are reducing energy costs and fumes while using hot glue. Futura labeller model was completely redesigned recently to meet the above objectives. The new station introduced by the company has reduced maintenance costs by more than 50%.
Key Market Trends
Application in the Food & Beverage Segments is Expected to Drive the Growth of the Market
- Food and beverage packaging across the globe must adhere to a very strict set of safety standards. These regulations are also applicable to glues that are used for case and carton sealing and folding, seal tray forming, package labeling, windowing, filters and many other applications.
- The various kinds of hot melt glues used in food packaging include ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) hot melt glue, metallocene hot melt glue, fugitive hot melt glue and polyurethane reactive (PUR) hot melt glue. Most of the hot melt glues are FDA compliant for both direct and indirect food contact. Metallocene hot melt glues are designed specifically to offer best quality bonds for the food and beverage packaging industry.
- Moreover, there has been continuous increase in PET bottle production where hot melt glue labels are extensively used. Coca Cola for instance alone produces about 108 billion 500ml PET plastic bottles a year, which is a fraction of the global PET bottle production levels.
- Additionally, there has been a significant rise in the consumption of bottled water in the world in the past decade. This growth has been led by countries like United States. According to the IBWA the bottled consumption in the country reached an all time high of 42.3 gallons in 2018. This is expected to further proliferate the use of hot melt glue labels in this market.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to be the Fastest Growing Region in the World
- The Foods business is continuously growing in terms of volume in the region and is also witnessing the introduction of new innovations that are fast re-shaping landscape of packaged foods. Such dynamic are expected to aid the growth of the market in the region. HUL for instance re-launched its Kissan Sweet & Spicy range of ketchups to meet the evolving palate of new-age consumers. HUL has also gone ahead and launched a new variant of its premium jam, Kissan Tropical blast and new packages of Kissan Mixed Fruit jams. Such developments are expected to aid the growth of the market in the region as bottled food packages make extensive use of hot melt adhesives.
- Moreover, the need for heightened shelf appeal, convenience and premiumization in beverage packaging is leading to the introduction of new variety and distinction in packages and eventual expansion of the market. According to Mondi Southeast Asia accounts for one third of its Speciality Cans that it is selling for variety of applications like soft drinks, beer, ready-to-drink teas, coffee, sparkling waters, juices, energy drinks and functional beverages.
- The Asia-pacific market is one of the most dynamic pharmaceutical markets of the world. In 2018 for instance, the export value of drugs and pharmaceuticals of India amounted to more than one trillion rupees. Additionally, China is one of the two largest markets for OTC drugs in the world valued at USD 25 billion (data sourced from Sun Pharma). With cough, cold & allergy segments that have bottled syrup as drugs accounting for a majority of the OTC market this region offers huge opportunities for hot melt glue label applications.
The competitive Landscape for the hot glue labelers market is extremely fragmented with the landscape being fragemented by multiple smaller players. The recent developments of the market are as follows:-
- Feb 2019 - HB Fuller recently introduced two hotmelt adhesives that have been designed for use in graphic arts industry in India. Swifttherm 8048 is an EVA-based hotmelt that has been developed and manufactured by the company in India. Swiftherm Advantage 8000 is a metallocene-based spine glue that has been introduced to close the gap between conventional EVA and PUR adhesives.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Deliverables
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.2.1 Increasing Application in Labelling of Cold Food and Beverage Segment
- 4.2.2 Technological Advancement Making these Labelers More Cost Effective
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.3.1 Application Remains Limited to Certain End-User Segments
- 4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.5 Porters 5 Force Analysis
- 4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Type
- 5.1.1 Automatic
- 5.1.2 Semi-Automatic
- 5.2 By Type of Label Application
- 5.2.1 Pre-Cut Label
- 5.2.2 Roll Fed
- 5.3 By Application
- 5.3.1 Food
- 5.3.2 Beverage
- 5.3.3 Pharmaceutical
- 5.3.4 Chemical
- 5.3.5 Others
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia Pacific
- 5.4.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Company Profiles
- 6.1.1 Accutek Packaging Equipment Companies Inc.
- 6.1.2 Aesus Packaging Systems, Inc.
- 6.1.3 Krones AG
- 6.1.4 Clearpack Group
- 6.1.5 Criveller Group
- 6.1.6 Sacmi Packaging SpA
- 6.1.7 KHS Group
- 6.1.8 Multi-Tech Systems International Inc.
- 6.1.9 Sidel, Inc.(Tetra Laval Group)
- 6.1.10 Della Toffola SpA
- 6.1.11 Propack Automation Limited
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS