Product Code: 69622
The market for Electrically Conductive Adhesives is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 7% globally during the forecast period. The major factor driving the market studied is increasing application in power electronics. On the flip side, unfavorable conditions arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak and is hindering the growth of the market studied.
- Increasing applications of the single part and two-part epoxy adhesives in power electronics are expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market across the globe with the largest consumption coming from China, Japan, and India.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Epoxy and Silicone Chemistry Types
- Electrically Conductive Adhesives are adhesives that have filler components like pure silver, copper, aluminum, or iron as they provide excellent electrical conductivity, superior adhesion, and good physical strength.
- These adhesives are used in circuit assembly applications and processes where heat curing or hot soldering can be altered.
- Epoxy and Silicone-based, electrically conductive adhesives are widely used in various applications like touch-panels, coating, and bonding RFID chips, mounting LEDs, and various other applications.
- Both epoxy and silicone-based adhesives are segmented into one part and two-part epoxies and silicones which find multiple applications.
- These adhesives provide electrical continuity similar to traditional soldering without the heat-stress, and they adhere to many conductive polymers where adhesion with solder is not possible.
- Epoxy and silicone adhesives offer the advantages of extended shelf life, room temperature storage, and much lower cure temperatures increasing their application compared to other types.
- Hence, owing to the growing application of epoxy and silicone based electrically conductive adhesives in power electronics and other applications especially in Asia-Pacific region, the demand for epoxy and silicone based electrically conductive adhesives is expected to increase over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for electrically conductive adhesives during the forecast period. Due to the high demand from countries like China, India, and Japan, the market for electrically conductive adhesives has been increasing.
- The largest producers of electrically conductive adhesives are located in the Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of electrically conductive adhesives are Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, 3M, Dow, Aremco, H.B. Fuller Company.
- The "Made in China 2025" policy, incorporated by China has set specific targets to increase self-sufficiency in integrated circuits production to 40% in 2020, and to 70% by 2025 increasing the scope of application for electrically conductive adhesives in circuit chips over the coming years.
- Taiwan's semiconductor equipment purchase grew by 34% in 2019 reaching USD 3.9 billion making it one of the leading countries for the market in the region.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for electrically conductive adhesives market during the forecast period.
The global electrically conductive adhesives market is fragmented, with players accounting for a marginal share in the market. Some of the major companies include Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, 3M, Dow, Permabond.com, H.B. Fuller Company
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Application in Power Electronics
- 4.1.2 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Unfavorable Conditions Arising due to Covid-19 Outbreak
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Chemistry Type
- 5.1.1 Epoxy
- 5.1.2 Silicone
- 5.1.3 Polyurethane
- 5.1.4 Acrylic
- 5.1.5 Others
- 5.2 Type
- 5.2.1 Isotropic
- 5.2.2 Anisotropic
- 5.3 Application
- 5.3.1 Solar Cells
- 5.3.2 Automotive Electronics
- 5.3.3 LED Lighting
- 5.3.4 Printed Circuit Board
- 5.3.5 LCD Displays
- 5.3.6 Others
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share (%)/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M
- 6.4.2 Aremco
- 6.4.3 Creative Materials Inc
- 6.4.4 Dow
- 6.4.5 H.B. Fuller Company.
- 6.4.6 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- 6.4.7 HITEK Electronic Materials Ltd
- 6.4.8 Master Bond Inc
- 6.4.9 MG Chemicals.
- 6.4.10 Panacol-Elosol GmbH
- 6.4.11 PARKER HANNIFIN CORP
- 6.4.12 Permabond
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS