Product Code: 69517
The market for barium fluorideis expected to grow at a CAGR of over 3% during the forecast period. The major factor driving the growth of the market is the increasing use of barium fluoride in optical applications. Moreover, barium fluoride is used as an additive in the manufacturing of aluminum refining process. Environmental concerns regarding BaF2 as it contains carcinogenic content and its harmful effect on human health is expected to impede the growth of the market studied. Moreover, unfavorable conditions arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak is anticiapted to restrict the product demand.
- Optical Material is anticipated to dominate the barium fluoride market owing to its application in NIR, VIS and MWIR spectrum.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the largest market for the barium fluoride during the period of forecast.
Key Market Trends
Optical Spectroscopy to Fuel the Growth of Barium Fluoride Market
- Broad use of Barium Fluoride in spectroscopic components is expected to grow the market studied. It is suitable for application in the passive IR band.
- Barium Fluoride is suitable in the fabrication of optical windows transmitting radiation in the spectrum from infrared to ultra-violet rays. It is also used to produce Barium Yttrium Fluoride (BaY2F8) crystals used in UV lasers and for a number of environmental instruments due to its resistance to water damage.
- It is used in the VUV window where high radiation resistance is needed from gamma and x-ray which is perfectly catered by BaF2.
- All the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the Barium Fluoride market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate Barium Fluoride Market
- Asia-Pacific region is forecasted to dominate the barium fluoride market owing to the high demand for spectroscopic components and an increase in the aluminum refining in the region.
- The top two aluminum producing countries China and India come from the Asia-Pacific region with 36 million metric tons and 3.7 million metric tons respectively by the end of 2019.
- Presence of some major aluminum producing players in the region like Hongqiao Group (China), Chalco (China), Xinfa (China) along with the high production capacity of aluminum in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to propel the Barium Fluoride market in the region.
- Thus, the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the market in the region during the forecast period.
The barium fluoride market is consolidated. Some of the companies operating in the business are Solvay, American Elements, Barium & Chemicals, Inc., Alfa Chemical Corp, and Triveni Interchem Private Limited.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand In Optical Spectroscopy
- 4.1.2 Extensive Usage in Aluminum Refining
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 High Carcinogenic Content
- 4.2.2 Unfavorable Conditions Arising Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Applications
- 5.1.1 Spectroscopic Components
- 5.1.2 Welding Agents
- 5.1.3 Additives
- 5.1.4 Others
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Aluminum Manufacturing
- 5.2.2 Optical Material
- 5.2.3 Oil & Gas
- 5.2.4 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 18.104.22.168 Mexico
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East & Africa
- 126.96.36.199 United Arab Emirates
- 188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
- 184.108.40.206 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Alfa Chemical Corp
- 6.4.2 American Elements
- 6.4.3 Barium & Chemicals Inc.
- 6.4.4 Harshil Industries
- 6.4.5 PARTH INDUSTRIES
- 6.4.6 Solvay
- 6.4.7 Super Conductor Materials, Inc
- 6.4.8 S. B. Chemicals
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS