Product Code: 69480
The unidirectional tape market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 10% during the forecast period. One of the main factors driving the market is increasing demand of unidirectional tape in aerospace Industry across major economies of the world. However, high manufacturing and high processing costs of unidirectional tape is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- By end-user Industry, aerospace and defense industry is expected to dominate the market over the forecast period.
- Increasing Investment by major companies across the globe in R&D activities to develop new unidirectional tape products is likely to act as an opportunity for the market studied in the coming years.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market with increasing manufacturing from aerospace industry.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand of Unidirectional Tape in Aerospace and Defense Industry
- The Unidirectional tapes are manufactured from glass or carbon fiber which are embedded in a thermoplastic matrix and are specifically customized based on their different applications.
- Thermoset UD tapes are generally utilized across different industries, as they are less expensive, exceptionally receptive and have ease of impregnation. High utilization of carbon fiber/epoxy composites in the aerospace Industry inferable from their lightweight, high quality and modulus, and superb fatigue performance.
- The global aerospace materials market is estimated to witness a healthy growth, over the forecast period due to increasing usage of composites in aircraft manufacturing and increasing government spending on defense in the United States.
- Honeywell estimates that nearly 7,700 new aircraft deliveries are projected to be witnessed by 2028.
- Hence, owing to the above-mentioned factors, the application of unidirectional tape from aerospace industry is likely to dominate during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. The rising demand of unidirectional tape from defense industry in countries like China and India is expected to drive the demand for unidirectional tape in this region.
- The largest producers of unidirectional tape are based in Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of unidirectional tape are Evonik Industries AG, BASF Corporation, Celanese Corporation, Solvay and Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., among others.
- Increasing civil aircraft fleet steadily boosts the demand of unidirectional tape in China. Moreover, in the next 20 years, the Chinese airline companies are planning to purchase about 7,690 new aircraft, which are valued at about USD 1.2 trillion.
- Asia-Pacific holds the significant market share for sports and leisure equipment market and is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period.
- Owing to the above-mentioned factors, the market for unidirectional tape in the Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow significantly during the study period.
The global unidirectional tape market is partially fragmented in nature with only few major players dominating the market. Some of the major companies are Evonik Industries AG, BASF Corporation, Celanese Corporation, Solvay and Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Demand From Aerospace and Defense Industry
- 4.1.2 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 High Manufacturing and Processing Costs
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 By Reinforcement Type
- 5.1.1 Glass Fiber
- 5.1.2 Carbon Fiber
- 5.1.3 Others
- 5.2 By Backing Material
- 5.2.1 Polyether Ether Ketone (PEEK)
- 5.2.2 Polyamide (PA)
- 5.2.3 Polypropylene (PP)
- 5.2.4 Polycarbonate (PC)
- 5.2.5 Polyphenylene Sulfite (PPS)
- 5.2.6 others
- 5.3 By Adhesive Type
- 5.3.1 Epoxy
- 5.3.2 Polyurethane
- 5.3.3 Others
- 5.4 By End-user Industry
- 5.4.1 Aerospace & Defense
- 5.4.2 Automotive
- 5.4.3 Sports & Leisure
- 5.4.4 Industrial
- 5.4.5 Wind Energy
- 5.4.6 Others
- 5.5 Geography
- 5.5.1 Asia-Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.5.2 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 5.5.3 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 5.5.4 South America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
- 5.5.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 BFA Thermoplastic Composites GmbH & Co. KG
- 6.4.2 Evonik Industries AG
- 6.4.3 Celanese Corporation
- 6.4.4 Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
- 6.4.5 SABIC
- 6.4.6 SGL Carbon
- 6.4.7 Solvay
- 6.4.8 TCR Composites
- 6.4.9 TOPOLO
- 6.4.10 TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.
- 6.4.11 Victrex plc
- 6.4.12 TEIJIN LIMITED
- 6.4.13 Hexcel Corporation
- 6.4.14 TeXtreme
- 6.4.15 PRF Composite Materials
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Increasing Investment in R&D of Major Companies Across the Globe to Develop New UD Tape Products
- 7.2 Other Opportunities