Product Code: 69448
The market for automotive NVH materials is expected to grow at a CAGR of less than 6% globally during the forecast period.
- Increasing usage and demand in passenger vehicles and growing demand for lightweight performance materials are driving the market growth.
- Few materials can be substituted by other technologies in the future which in turn is expected to hinder the market growth.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand for Vibro-acoustics Absorption Characteristics in Automobiles
- Automotive Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH) Materials are the materials used for reducing noise, vibration, and harshness and increasing the ride quality and comfort for passengers in automobiles.
- These materials can also help in vehicle weight reduction process, vehicle shock-absorbtion, and impact resistant amongst others.
- Rubber has been a widely used material to regulate the harshness, reducing noise and damping vibrations in automobiles due to its properties. It can resist temperature and fluids, lightweight, high density, vibration absorbing properties, and low cost.
- These materials are also being used for vehicle weight reduction processes and increase the performance and efficiency of the vehicle, primarily in electric vehicles.
- Automobile consumers are being attracted towards comfort driving and silent cabins in passenger cars. These NVH materials help to reduce outdoor and engine noises, control the vibrations and harshness increases the stability and durability of the vehicle.
- Increasing applications for comfort driving, growing electric vehicles, technological advancements in automobiles in developing regions are driving the demand for automobile NVH materials through the years to come.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global market owing to the highly developed automobile sector in China, Korea, Japan, and India, coupled with the continuous investments done in the region to advance the driving technology sector through the years.
- NVH materials are being used in combustion engine vehicles, hybrid vehicles, and electric vehicles. So, the demand for these materials is expected to be constant.
- In developing countries, the demand for passenger cars has been significantly increasing due to the growing in middle-class incomes, technology and sales promotions provided by automobile manufacturers to people.
- According to the Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles (OICA), Asia-Pacific leads global automobile production in recent years. China is the largest producer of automobiles the country alone produced 2,57,20,665 vehicles in 2019.
- Also, the growing population in Asia-Pacific is one of the reasons to increase the demand for automobiles. Besides, the transportation sector has been preferring NVH materials for more comfort and ease of driving.
- The continuous growth in the production of Luxury and passenger cars are expected to drive the market for automotive NVH materials in the region in coming years.
The global automotive NVH materials market is partially consolidated in nature with a few major players occupying a significant portion of the market. Some of the major companies are BASF SE, 3M Company, Dow chemical company, Wolverine Advanced Materials, and Sumitomo Riko Co. Ltd, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Usage in Passenger Vehicles
- 4.1.2 Growing Demand for Light Weight Performance Materials
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Threat of Subtitutes from Alternative Technologies
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Material Type
- 5.1.1 Rubber
- 5.1.2 Thermoplastic Polymer
- 5.1.3 Resins
- 5.1.4 Fabric-like Materials
- 5.1.5 Other Material Types
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Absorption
- 5.2.2 Damping
- 5.2.3 Insulation
- 5.2.4 Sound Proofing
- 5.2.5 Other Applications
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 18.104.22.168 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 18.104.22.168 Brazil
- 22.214.171.124 Argentina
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
- 184.108.40.206 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share (%)/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 BASF SE
- 6.4.2 3M Company
- 6.4.3 BRC Rubber & Plastics Inc
- 6.4.4 Dow chemical company
- 6.4.5 ElringKlinger AG
- 6.4.6 Huntsman corporation
- 6.4.7 Sumitomo Riko Co. Ltd
- 6.4.8 Unique Fabricating Inc
- 6.4.9 W. KOPP GmbH & Co. KG
- 6.4.10 Wolverine Advanced Materials
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Growing Demand from Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- 7.2 Other Opportunities