Product Code: 69447
The market for the micro-perforated films market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4 % globally during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are increasing demand for food products having longer shell life and growing packaged food sector in Asia-Pacific. On the flip side, susceptibility to contamination through micro-perforations are hindering the growth of the market studied.
- Increasing applications in the fruits & vegetable packaging segment are expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market across the globe with the largest consumption coming from China, Japan, and India.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Application in Fruits & Vegetable Packaging
- Micro-perforated films are the films that have holes at equal distances that allow air to circulate between the product and the external environment. This prevents the build-up of vapor inside the packaging.
- This application of micro-perforated films helps to preserve fruits & vegetables and allows them to stay fresh for longer periods of time.
- Micro-perforated films help to increase the shelf life of the fruits & vegetables and also preserves the quality of the food stored inside.
- Micro-perforated films are made of different types of polymer materials like polyethylene terephthalate, polypropylene, polyethylene, and a few other types with polyethylene accounting for the largest share.
- India's packaging industry is the fifth-largest in the world and is growing at about 22-25% per year as per the Plastics Industry Association of India 2019.
- Hence, owing to the growing demand for fresh fruits & vegetables, the demand for micro perforated films is expected to increase over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for micro-perforated films during the forecast period. Due to the high demand application from countries like China, India, and Japan the market for micro-perforated films has been increasing.
- The largest producers of micro-perforated films are located in the Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of micro-perforated films are Bollore Group, Ajover S.A.S, Jiangyin Bairuijia Plastics Science & Technology Co., Ltd, Aera, and Penguin Plastics.
- About 296 Approved Cold Chain Projects in the food processing industry*have been approved in India as in May 2019 creating an increasing application of micro-perforated films for packaging.
- Additionally, with the growing demand for ready-to-eat food across the Asia-Pacific region due to the increasing working population, the demand for micro-perforated films is growing in the region.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for micro-perforated films market during the forecast period.
The global micro-perforated films market is fragmented, with players accounting for a marginal share in the market. Some of the major companies include Bollore Group, Helion Industries, Jiangyin Bairuijia Plastics Science & Technology Co., Ltd, Aera, and Penguin Plastics.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Food Products having Longer Shell Life
- 4.1.2 Growing Packaged Food Sector in Asia-Pacific
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Susceptibility to Contamination
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Film Type
- 5.1.1 Polyethylene Terephthalate
- 5.1.2 Polypropylene
- 5.1.3 Polyethylene
- 5.1.4 Others
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Fruits & Vegetables
- 5.2.2 Bakery & Confectionery
- 5.2.3 Medical and Grocery Products
- 5.2.4 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 South Korea
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share (%)/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Aera
- 6.4.2 Bollore Group
- 6.4.3 Dhwani Polyprints Private Limited
- 6.4.4 Helion Industries
- 6.4.5 HEXIS S.A.
- 6.4.6 Jiangyin Bairuijia Plastics Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
- 6.4.7 Mondi
- 6.4.8 Penguin Plastics
- 6.4.9 Specialty Polyfilms Pvt. Ltd.
- 6.4.10 Ajover S.A.S
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS