Product Code: 69444
The market for cadmium pigments is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 4% globally during the forecast period.
- Increasing usage of plastics and ceramics for various applications and growing demand for industrial paints are driving the market growth.
- Cadmium pigments result in health problems and the associated environmental concerns are expected to hinder the market growth.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from Plastics and Paints
- Cadmium Pigmentsare inorganic coloring agents that are majorly being used in plastics. Cadmium Pigments find their application in industrial paints, ceramics and glasses, and coil coatings amongst others.
- Cadmium pigments can give excellent coloring shades to plastics such as yellow, orange, red and maroon. These pigments disperse well in most polymers to give good coloring, high opacity, and tinting strength.
- These pigments are insoluble in organic solvents, provide good thermal resistance and have good resistance to alkalis along with increasing the color life in plastics.
- Due to their high-performance coloring properties, these pigments are preferred for industrial purposes and artist paints. Cadmium yellows and reds are the most widely used types for painting purposes.
- These pigments can resist high temperatures (300°C) and are also used in coatings for process chemical and steam pipes.
- Increasing usage and applications of plastics, rapid industrialization in Asia and Middle East are expected to drive the market for cadmium pigments through the years to come.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global market owing to the highly developed painting and coatings industries in China, India, Japan, etc. Also, there is an increase in demand for high-temperature resistance plastics in developing countries.
- In recent times, complex polymers such as high-density polyethylene, silicone resins, nylon, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), polycarbonates, and other thermoplastic polymers have been using cadmium pigments because of their properties.
- Properties of complex polymers include high-temperature resistance, more durability, chemical and heat stability, also can be used in chemically aggressive environments, weather fastness, and insoluble nature.
- The bright colors of cadmium pigments are ideally suitable for ceramics, enamels for glass and porcelain enamels for iron and steel domestic products. Cadmium pigments also use in rubber, paper, and ink industries.
- According to the PlasticsEurope (PEMRG), Asia-Pacific leads the global plastic materials production in recent times. Growing usage of heat-resistant plastics for various applications is one of the reasons that increased the demand for cadmium pigments.
- Increasing applications in plastics and ceramics and paints various purposes, and even the increasing adoption of cadmium pigments in the paper and ink industries are expected to drive the market for cadmium pigments through the years to come.
The global cadmium pigments market is partially consolidated in nature with a few major players occupying a significant portion of the market. Some of the major companies are Huntsman Corporation, James M. Brown Ltd, Johnson Matthey, Hunan Jufa Technology Co. Ltd, and Proquimac, among others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Usage of Plastics and Ceramics
- 4.1.2 Growing Demand for Industrial Paints
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Associated Health Hazards
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Pigment Type
- 5.1.1 Cadmium Red
- 5.1.2 Cadmium Orange
- 5.1.3 Cadmium Yellow
- 5.1.4 Other Types
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Plastics and Complex Polymers
- 5.2.2 Ceramics and Glass
- 5.2.3 Paints and Coatings
- 5.2.4 Rubber and Paper
- 5.2.5 Other Applications
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 China
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 South Korea
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 126.96.36.199 United States
- 188.8.131.52 Canada
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 Italy
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Argentina
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Dalian Great Fortune Chemical Co., Ltd
- 6.4.2 Henan Kingway Chemicals
- 6.4.3 Hunan Jufa Technology Co. Ltd
- 6.4.4 Huntsman Corporation
- 6.4.5 HUPC Chemical Co., Ltd
- 6.4.6 James M. Brown Ltd
- 6.4.7 Johnson Matthey
- 6.4.8 Proquimac
- 6.4.9 Rockwood Pigments NA Inc
- 6.4.10 Sudarshan Chemical Industries Limited
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Growing Demand from Complex Polymers
- 7.2 Other Opportunities