Product Code: 69411
The market for wire and cable compound is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5% globally during the forecast period. Wire and cable compound provide high quality insulation, jacket to conducting materials, offers high durability, excellent chemical and corrosion resistance and high mechanical stability, flexibility and abrasion resistance to the cable and wire. The growing product application in the construction and power sector has been driving the market growth.
However, the health hazard related to wire and cable compound like the release of acetophenone from polyolefin insulation can cause irritation in the respiratory system are anticipated to pose a challenge in the growth of the wire and cable compounds market during the forecast period.
The technical advancement in low fire hazard vinyl and teflon wire and cable compound offer great opportunities for the wire and cable compound market over the next five years.
Asia-Pacific region dominates the market, owing to growing application of wire and cable compound in power and construction industry, which augment the demand for wire and cable compound.
Key Market Trends
Power Industry to Dominate the Market
- Power sector stands to be the dominating segment owing to the extensive consumption of wire and cable compound in the power transmission sector.
- Wire compound and cable compound provide high high-quality insulation, sheath to conducting materials, high durability, chemical and corrosion resistance, superior mechanical stability, elasticity and abrasion resistance to the cable and wire, thus increasing popularity for wire and cable compounds.
- Countries such as China, India, UNited Kingdom, United States and Vietnam among others are witnessing the construction of power plants, the requirement for wire and cable compound market is expected to rise from these countries over the forecast period.
- Increasing investment in smart electricity grid network and HVDC transmission further offer opportunities for wire and cable compounds.
- Asia-Pacific have been registering strong growth in utilization of wire and cable compound in construction, automotive and power generation industry, which is expected to drive the market over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region stands to be the governing market for wire and cable compound. Factors, such as the growing need for energy, high demand from the construction segment and increasing consumers in countries like China, India, and ASEAN Countries are expected to propel the market growth.
- Increasing utilization in power generation and transmission sector due to the renewal of power transmission networks is expected to provide thrust to the demand of wire and cable compounds.
- Escalating market for wire and cable compound can be attributed to the growing popularity of ethernet, growing usage in the medical devices industry like ultrasound, defibrillator, X-ray devices, etc. and advances in communications technology.
- Countries like China, India, and Vietnam have been recording a rise in residential construction projects, which is likely to enhance the consumption of wire and cable compound in the region. China has over 24,000 hospitals that needed to be modernized in 2018. In addition, there has been a noticeable growth observed in the new construction of hospitals in the country over the past few years. In 2018, China had around 235 airports and the country plans to take this total to 260 by 2020. It is estimated that around 450 airports will be needed across the country by 2035.
- Hence, all such market trends are expected to drive the demand for wire and cable compound market in the region during the forecast period.
The global wire and cable compound market is partially consolidated in nature with number of players operating in the market. Some of the major companies are Trelleborg, Teknor Apex, Alphagary, Cabot Corporation, and SCG Chemicals Co., Ltd. amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Demand from Power Generation and Transmission Segment
- 4.1.2 Rising Construction Industry
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Health Hazard related to Wire and Cable Compounds
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product
- 5.1.1 Fiber Optic Cable
- 5.1.2 Coaxial Cable
- 5.1.3 Others
- 5.2 Polymer Type
- 5.2.1 Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- 5.2.2 Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE)
- 5.2.3 Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU)
- 5.2.4 Thermoplastic Olefin (TPO)
- 5.2.5 Others
- 5.3 End User Industry
- 5.3.1 Automotive
- 5.3.2 Construction
- 5.3.3 Electrical and Electronics
- 5.3.4 Health Care
- 5.3.5 Power
- 5.3.6 Telecommunication
- 5.3.7 Others
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 22.214.171.124 China
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 South Korea
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 18.104.22.168 United States
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 126.96.36.199 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Italy
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Argentina
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Saudi Arabia
- 18.104.22.168 South Africa
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Alphagary
- 6.4.2 BUSS AG
- 6.4.3 Cabot Corporation
- 6.4.4 Chemceed
- 6.4.5 Electric Cable Compounds Inc.
- 6.4.6 Melos GmbH
- 6.4.7 PVCL
- 6.4.8 Relicab Cable Manufacturing Limited
- 6.4.9 SCG Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- 6.4.10 Solvay
- 6.4.11 Teknor Apex
- 6.4.12 Trelleborg
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Technological Advancement in Low Fire Hazard Vinyl and Teflon Wire and Cable Compounds
- 7.2 Other Opportunities