Product Code: 69335
The global market for Automotive Foam is expected to grow at a CAGR of above 5 % during the forecast period of 2020 - 2025.
- Rapidly growing applications in vibration and impact absorptions coupled with cushioning properties are some of the major factors driving the market growth.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 is expected to restrain the growth of the market studied.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Polyurethane Foams
- The application of polyurethanes and polyols offers various benefits. Some of the advantages are insulation properties, cushioning purposes, airbag covers, window encapsulation, acoustical properties.
- Major automotive companies have started updating their products by installing foams for the impact absorbance for the consumer's safety and reduction of fatigue and stress.
- Owing to multiple advantages such as flexibility and cost-effectiveness, polyurethane foams are estimated to have significant growth during the forecast period as currently, the majority of the consumers are inclined towards comfortable driving.
- Flexible polyurethane foams are also used to enhance thermal insulation in engines to increase fuel efficiency in automobiles.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region dominates the global market for automotive foams owing to the growing polyurethane consumption in countries such as China, India and ASEAN Countries.
- As China leads in the sales and production of automobiles globally in recent times, the consumption and demand for automotive foams are also more in the region. The slowdown in manufacturing activities due to lockdown in many countries in the region due to the COVID-19 outbreak is projected to have an impact on the consumption of automotive foams in the near future.
- However, with the growing demand for applications such as safety, noise reduction, and durability, the demand for automotive foams is ultimately expected to increase over the forecast period.
- Growing demand for polyols and developments in automobile manufacturing industries is projected to provide growth opportunities for automotive in both electric and combustion engine automobiles.
The global automotive foam market is partially consolidated, with top players accounting for a considerable share in the market. Some of the major companies include The Dow Chemical Company, Bridgestone Corporation, Huntsman Corporation, BASF SE and Covestro, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Need for Weight Reduction
- 4.1.2 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Impact of COVID-19
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 Polyurethane Foams(PUFs)
- 184.108.40.206 Flexible Polyurethane Foam
- 220.127.116.11 Rigid Polyurethane Foam
- 5.1.2 Polystyrene (PS)
- 5.1.3 Polyethylene (PE)
- 5.1.4 Polypropylene (PP)
- 5.1.5 Poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC)
- 5.1.6 Polycarbonate (PC)
- 5.1.7 Other Types
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Interior
- 5.2.2 Exterior
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil
- 126.96.36.199 Argentina
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share (%)/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 The Dow Chemical Company
- 6.4.2 Bridgestone Corporation
- 6.4.3 Recticel
- 6.4.4 Huntsman Corporation
- 6.4.5 Saint-Gobain
- 6.4.6 Woodbridge Foam Corporation
- 6.4.7 BASF SE
- 6.4.8 Covestro
- 6.4.9 Rogers Corporation
- 6.4.10 Vitafoams
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Increasing Demand for Crude Glycerol to Produce PUFs
- 7.2 Other Opportunities