Product Code: 69312
The market for metal oxide nanoparticles is expected to grow at a CAGR more than 7% globally during the forecast period. Nanoparticles are particles between 1 and 100 nanometers (nm) in size with a surrounding interfacial layer. The interfacial layer is an integral part of nanoscale matter, fundamentally affecting all its properties. Owing to the versatile and favorable chemical properties of metal oxide nanoparticles, its application in electronics, pharmaceutical and is growing exponentially, consequently propelling the market growth.
- However, the hazardous nature of some metal oxide nanoparticles like zinc, copper, titanium and some other oxide nanoparticles may hinder the growth of metal oxide nanoparticles market in the near future. Moreover, the unfavorable conditions arising due to the COVID-19 outbreak is also expected to hamper the market growth.
- Research on antimicrobial properties of metal oxide nanoparticles has emerged to find new antimicrobial agents as an alternative against resistant bacteria that are likely to provide opportunities for the metal oxide nanoparticles market over the next five years.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the fastest growing for the metal oxide nanoparticles market, owing to the soaring demand from healthcare personal care and electronics industries from countries, such as China, Japan, South Korea, India and Vietnam.
Key Market Trends
Electronics Sector to Dominate the Market
- Electronics sector stand to be the dominating segment, where its requirement is widely driven due to growing demand for numerous electronic equipments throughout the world.
- Semiconducting metal oxide nanoparticles-based gas sensors are witnessing great attention owing to its advantages such as fast and sensitive detection portability and low cost
- In electronics industry, metal oxide nanoparticles are employed for the fabrication of microelectronic circuits, sensors, piezoelectric devices, fuel cells and coatings for the passivation of surfaces against corrosion.
- Nanosized metal oxide has its versatile applications in different areas such as catalysts, sensors, photoelectronic devices, highly functional and effective devices, etc. Increasing the consumption of metal oxide nanoparticles in the electronics sector is expected to drive market growth.
- The above-mentioned factor, along with the growing focus on adoption of nanotechnology in various industries may cause a huge environment dispersion of nanoparticles in coming years.
North America Region to Dominate the Market
- North America region stands to be the largest market for metal oxide nanoparticles. Factors, such as increasing utilization in the pharmaceutical, personal care, and electronics sector are likely to drive market growth.
- Zinc oxide nanoparticles market has been witnessing strong growth owing to its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-corrosion and catalytic properties. increasing application in sunscreen lotions and cosmetics on account of its high UV protection properties which in turn augment the growth of metal oxide nanoparticles market.
- Magnesium oxide nanoparticles witnessing an upsurge in consumption for furnace linings, ceramics, pharmaceuticals, and food additives and titanium oxide nanoparticles are observing utilization in medical & pharmaceuticals and cosmetics sectors.
- Metal oxide nanoparticles offer a range of functionalities that are desirable in several sectors such as anti-bacterial, anti-corrosion, easy-clean, thermal barrier, protective and UV-absorbent which is likely to provide boost to the market growth.
- According to research, the United States alone holds 48% of the global pharmaceutical market and is anticipated to continue to lead global pharmaceutical sales over the forecast period.
- In pharmaceutical industry, metal oxide nanoparticles are used for hyperthermia disease treatment and in therapeutic applications as drugs, nanocarriers, and diagnostic tools and North America region is witnessing steady growth of pharmaceutical industry which in turn expected to propel the demand for metal oxide nanoparticles.
- Hence, all such market trends are expected to drive the demand for metal oxide nanoparticles market in the region during the forecast period.
The global metal oxide nanoparticles market is fragmented in nature with some players dominating a significant share of the market demand. Some of the major companies are American Elements, EPRUI Biotech Co., Ltd., Nanoshell LLC, Meliorum Technologies, Inc., and Xuan Cheng Jing Rui New Material Co. Ltd amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Electronics Industry
- 4.1.2 Rising Demand from Pharmaceutical Sector
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Hazardous Nature of Metal Oxide Nanoparticles
- 4.2.2 Unfavorable Conditions Arising Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Patent Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product
- 5.1.1 Aluminium Oxide
- 5.1.2 Titanium Dioxide
- 5.1.3 Silicon Dioxide
- 5.1.4 Magnesium Oxide
- 5.1.5 Zinc Oxide
- 5.1.6 Others
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Optics & Electronics
- 5.2.2 Healthcare
- 5.2.3 Construction
- 5.2.4 Automotive & Transportation
- 5.2.5 Personal Care
- 5.2.6 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 22.214.171.124 China
- 126.96.36.199 India
- 188.8.131.52 Japan
- 184.108.40.206 South Korea
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 18.104.22.168 United States
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 126.96.36.199 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Italy
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 Rest of the World
- 126.96.36.199 South America
- 188.8.131.52 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share (%)/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 American Elements
- 6.4.2 EPRUI Biotech Co.,Ltd.
- 6.4.3 Meliorum Technologies, Inc.
- 6.4.4 MKNano
- 6.4.5 Nanophase Technologies Corporation.
- 6.4.6 NanoResearch Elements Inc.
- 6.4.7 Nanoshell LLC
- 6.4.8 Reinste
- 6.4.9 Merck KGaA
- 6.4.10 SkySpring Nanomaterials, Inc.
- 6.4.11 Xuan Cheng Jing Rui New Material Co.,Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Research on Antimicrobial Properties of Metal Oxide Nanoparticles
- 7.2 Other Oppurtunities