Product Code: 68539
The market for defoaming coating additive is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. Extensive use of defoaming coating additives in the construction sector for developing emulsion paints and coatings is expected to drive the market growth. Increased demand from wood & furniture industries is also expected to propel its market where these additives are heavily used to manufacture wood paints and primers. On the flip side, slow down in global automotive production has hindered the growth of the market.
- Demand from the building and construction industry is on the rise because of the rapid urbanization which is a key factor boosting the growth of the defoaming coating additive market.
- Future opportunities will arise from developing new defoamers that comply with food contact regulations for adhesives, paper coating applications, and packaging.
- Asia-Pacific is forecasted to be the fastest-growing market owing to booming building & construction and industrial sectors where defoaming coating additives find diverse applications.
Key Market Trends
Booming Construction Sector is Driving the Market
- The major factor driving the growth of the global defoaming coating additive market is the booming buildings & construction industry.
- By restricting the formation of foam during the production and application of paint, defoaming additives ensure a smooth appearance and even finish on the surface of the buildings. It also helps in reducing the VOC emissions and other features involve excellent dispersion stability, gloss enhancement, boosted stain resistance and improved quality.
- The market value of global paints and coatings industry was worth about USD 153.9 billion in 2019 and is expected to rise to USD 200 billion by 2024.
- The global expenditure of the construction industry is assessed to be USD 11 trillion in 2019 and is projected to reach around USD 14 trillion by 2025, thereby ought to surge the demand for defoaming coating additives.
- Hence the aforementioned factors are forecasted to drive the global market of defoaming coating additives during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region accounts for the largest share in the global defoaming coating additive market and it is also forecasted to be the fastest-growing region over the forecast period.
- High economic growth and rapid industrial expansion in emerging countries like India, China, Malaysia, Vietnam, etc. from the region are likely to foster the growth of the market in the region.
- The projected growth of the global construction industry is 3.6% per annum until 2022, out of which Asia-Pacific will continue to account for the largest share.
- In 2019, the market value of the paints & coatings industry of the Asia-Pacific region was about USD 76.5 billion. This is forecasted to propel to reach a total of USD 106 billion by 2024, making Asia-Pacific the largest consumer-based on value.
- The automotive production in China and India which represents the largest global automobile producers has witnessed huge slowdown in 2019 and hence, thereby reducing the demand for the market studied.
- Hence, from the above mentioned factors, the demand for defoaming coating additive is expected to grow considerably in Asia-Pacific region over the forecast period.
The defoaming coating additive market is fragmented. Some of the players operating in the defoaming coating additive market include BASF SE, Dow, Evonik Industries AG, Momentive, and Elkem Silicones.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Rapidly Growing Demand from the Building & Construction Industry
- 4.1.2 Increasing Demand from Wood & Furniture Industry
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Slowdown in the Global Automotive Production
- 4.2.2 Others
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Product Type
- 5.1.1 Water-based Systems
- 184.108.40.206 Silicone
- 220.127.116.11 Emulsion
- 18.104.22.168 Polymer
- 22.214.171.124 Powder
- 126.96.36.199 Others
- 5.1.2 Solvent-based Systems
- 188.8.131.52 Polymer
- 184.108.40.206 Silicone
- 5.2 End-user Industry
- 5.2.1 Building & Construction
- 5.2.2 Automotive
- 5.2.3 Wood & Furniture
- 5.2.4 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 18.104.22.168 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 18.104.22.168 Brazil
- 22.214.171.124 Argentina
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
- 184.108.40.206 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
- 6.4.2 ALLNEX NETHERLANDS B.V.
- 6.4.3 Arkema Group
- 6.4.4 Ashland
- 6.4.5 BASF SE
- 6.4.6 BYK-Chemie GmbH
- 6.4.7 Dow
- 6.4.8 Eastman Chemical Company
- 6.4.9 Elementis PLC.
- 6.4.10 Elkem Silicones
- 6.4.11 Evonik Industries AG
- 6.4.12 Kemira
- 6.4.13 Momentive
- 6.4.14 MUNZING Corporation
- 6.4.15 Solvay
- 6.4.16 Wacker Chemie AG
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Development of Advanced Defoaming Coating Additives for Food Contact
- 7.2 Other Opportunities