Product Code: 68450
The market for anti-slip coatings is expected to grow at a CAGR of about 4% globally during the forecast period. Increasing application in the manufacturing sector and growing safety regulations from the government are driving market growth. On the flip side, stringent environmental regulations are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
- Anti-Slip Coatings market is expected to grow during the forecast period owing to the increasing application in the industrial sector.
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the market across the globe with the largest consumption from countries such as China, India, and Japan.
Key Market Trends
Growing Application in Industrial Sector
- Anti-Slip Coatings are coatings used on floor, deck, railings, ramps and other areas for non-slippy nature. It is a coating formulated with a fine texture finish that is durable, easy to clean and chemically resistant. It is suitable for recreational, industrial environments and all other required areas.
- Anti-Slip Coatings adhere to concrete, metal, wood and other surfaces. It is fire retardant when dry and has excellent chemical resistance to oil, gasoline, acids, caustics, hydraulic fluids, and most solvents.
- Stringent regulations from government to maintain industrial safety are increasing the application of anti-slip coatings in industries
- About 296 Approved Cold Chain Projects in Food Processing have been approved in India as on May 2019 creating a major scope for the usage of anti-slip coatings in the industry.
- Industrial sector leads in the utilization of anti-slip coatings with China, Germany, United States, India, Japan playing a major role in this market.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for anti-slip coatings during the forecast period. In countries like China, India, and Japan because of growing industrial safety, the demand for anti-slip coatings has been increasing in the region.
- The largest producers of anti-slip coatings are located in the Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of anti-slip coatings are 3M, AkzoNobel N.V., Jotun, Sika AG, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA.
- According to the Ship Builders Association of Japan, the gross tonnage of ship size covered 14,354 by end of June 2019 which was 15,097 tonnage by the end of December 2018 creating growth in the market of anti-slip coatings.
- These anti-slip coatings can be used in wet areas, dry areas, clean room areas, and other workspaces as a safety measure in industries.
- The aforementioned factors coupled with government support are contributing to the increasing demand for anti-slip coatings market during the forecast period.
The global anti-slip coatings market is fragmented with players accounting for a marginal share of the market. Few companies include are AkzoNobel N.V., PPG Industries, Axalta Coating Systems, The Sherwin-Williams Company, Jotun.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Application in Manufacturing Sector
- 4.1.2 Growing Safety Regulations from Government
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Stringent Environmental Regulations
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Resin Type
- 5.1.1 Epoxy
- 5.1.2 Acrylic
- 5.1.3 Polyurethane
- 5.1.4 Others
- 5.2 Technology
- 5.2.1 Water Based
- 5.2.2 Solvent Based
- 5.3 Application
- 5.3.1 Residential
- 5.3.2 Commercial
- 5.3.3 Industrial (Includes Marine)
- 5.3.4 Others
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 South Korea
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.2 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 5.4.3 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.4 South America
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52 South Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 3M
- 6.4.2 Axalta Coating Systems
- 6.4.3 Akzo Nobel N.V.
- 6.4.4 Hempel A/S
- 6.4.5 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- 6.4.6 Jotun
- 6.4.7 PPG Industries, Inc.
- 6.4.8 Randolph Products Co.
- 6.4.9 Sika AG
- 6.4.10 The Sherwin-Williams Company
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Development of High Efficient Anti-Slip Coatings
- 7.2 Other Opportunities