Product Code: 68140
The market for PTFE Fabric is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. Major factors driving the market studied are the increasing demand in filtration technology and rising demand for heat sensing applications.
- Filtration technology dominated the market and is expected to grow during the forecast period owing to its thermal stability, non-sticky nature and surface properties across various industries in the world.
- Development of high tensile fabric is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- Asia-Pacific dominated the market across the globe with the largest utilization from the countries such as China and India.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand in Filtration Technology
- PTFE Fabric is a teflon coated woven fiberglass membrane that is extremely durable and temperature resistant. This unique combination of inertness, thermal stability and surface properties (non-sticky nature) make PTFE fabric ideal for all end user industries where filtration application is used.
- It is estimated that a total of 5000 chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturing units were registered in China, and around 242 new pharmaceutical and chemical companies were registered in 2018 where the major application of PTFE fabrics is estimated indicating an increasing demand for PTFE fabric in the coming years.
- In India investment in processing industries sector has grown from USD 29.50 billion in 2015 to USD 32.30 billion in 2019, witnessing a growth rate of 9.50% creating a large scope for this sector.
- PTFE fabric has a greater strength because of carbon-fluorine bonds, it is non-sticky in nature and even has thermal stability because of these advantages has its application in all processing industries.
- Owing to all the above-mentioned advantages of PTFE fabric, its market expected to grow rapidly over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market share. With growing end user and processing industries in countries such as China, Japan and India the utilization of PTFE fabric is increasing in the region.
- Some of the leading producers of ptfe fabric are Chukoh Chemical Industries Ltd (Japan)Sefar AG (India), Saint-Gobain, Honda Sangyo Co.Ltd, QINGDAO Bocheng Industrial Co.Ltd. Japan is one the largest producers of PTFE fabric in the world.
- India's domestic pharmaceutical market turnover reached USD 18.12 billion in 2018, growing 9.4 per cent year-on-year from USD17.87 billion in 2017. This creates a major scope for this market in the utilization of PTFE fabric in the coming future.
- About 296 Approved Cold Chain Projects in food processing industry have been approved in India as on May 2019 creating an increasing application of PTFE fabrics.
- PTFE fabrics have broad chemical resistance, superior durability over a wide service temperature range, excellent dielectric properties, low friction and non-stick all together increasing its application in all end user industries.
- The aforementioned factors, coupled with government support, are contributing to the increasing demand for usage of PTFE fabric among major industries in the region during the forecast period.
The global PTFE fabric market is fragmented with top 5 players accounting for a marginal share of the market. The major companies include Sefar AG (India), The Chemours Company, Saint-Gobain, Honda Sangyo Co.Ltd, and Qingdao Bocheng Industrial Co.Ltd.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Increasing Demand in Filtration Technology
- 4.1.2 Rising Demand for Heat Sealing Applications
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 PTFE Coated Fabric
- 5.1.2 Nonwoven PTFE Fabric
- 5.1.3 PTFE Fiber-Made Fabric
- 5.1.4 Others
- 5.2 Application
- 5.2.1 Filtration
- 5.2.2 Heat Sealing
- 5.2.3 Conveyor Belts
- 5.2.4 Others
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.2 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 18.104.22.168 Mexico
- 5.3.3 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.4 South America
- 18.104.22.168 Brazil
- 22.214.171.124 Argentina
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
- 184.108.40.206 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Aetna Plastics Corporation
- 6.4.2 Birdair
- 6.4.3 CENO Tec GmbH
- 6.4.4 CHUKOH CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES, LTD
- 6.4.5 EDER
- 6.4.6 FIBERFLON
- 6.4.7 Fothergill Group
- 6.4.8 Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics
- 6.4.9 Sefar
- 6.4.10 Siftex Equipment Company Inc.
- 6.4.11 Taconic
- 6.4.12 Techbelt
- 6.4.13 Textiles Coated International
- 6.4.14 W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
- 6.4.15 W.F. Lake Corp.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
- 7.1 Development of High Tensile Fabric
- 7.2 Other Opportunities